Adaptive Cruise Control bug

Dave2318

Just now, gumdrop said:

Just curiosity, drivers were told by DOT that they don't have to signal all the time on the motorway. Do you use your indicator when overtaking? this should perhaps have an input to the ACC.

Yes, I always signal when changing lanes

😡

Have just phoned my local Skoda Dealership who say the only outstanding update for my car is the one to do with the battery system.

Waiting for a call back from the dealership that sold me the car now.

So I've now been in touch with the dealership that sold me the car and they aren't seeing anything on the system for it either.  They did suggest it might not show up until a software update scan was performed on the car during a service(?).

The recall I do have it booked in for "27J6 - Gateway Control Unit" I've been told has been postponed by Skoda.  I've no idea what this actually is.

Might just sell the thing and have done.

So when I left car for service they didn't say they got any update. I only said that I get ACC problems very often. It was only when I picked it up they told me there was an update for it. Also they needed both keys to reprogram some stuff. But all the settings in the infotainment were still the same. 

3 hours ago, Gjones71 said:

So I've now been in touch with the dealership that sold me the car and they aren't seeing anything on the system for it either.  They did suggest it might not show up until a software update scan was performed on the car during a service(?).

The recall I do have it booked in for "27J6 - Gateway Control Unit" I've been told has been postponed by Skoda.  I've no idea what this actually is.

Might just sell the thing and have done.

That's the module that monitors the effectiveness of your PHEV battery, it's something you should be chasing them up on as the fault is related to a short circuit causing fires.

1 minute ago, GiantKiwi said:

That's the module that monitors the effectiveness of your PHEV battery, it's something you should be chasing them up on as the fault is related to a short circuit causing fires.

Really? GOOD!

The gap insurance can pay for a new car that isn't faulty if it goes up then..

On 03/05/2022 at 11:46, Jarekwi said:

So when I left car for service they didn't say they got any update. I only said that I get ACC problems very often. It was only when I picked it up they told me there was an update for it. Also they needed both keys to reprogram some stuff. But all the settings in the infotainment were still the same. 

Funny I had mine in last week for the update that was suposed to fix everything. It is a big change, will find out tomorrow how it has worked as its the first long run on the motoway where i use ACC all the time... fingers crossed. It did reset all my setting, but they only had one key... Skoda UK alsoi said it was the software fix that would solve my problems. 

My software chngerd from 1806 to 1896, and Nav database from 22.1 to 22.3. Everything else remained the same.  

20 hours ago, matrix2020 said:

Funny I had mine in last week for the update that was suposed to fix everything. It is a big change, will find out tomorrow how it has worked as its the first long run on the motoway where i use ACC all the time... fingers crossed. It did reset all my setting, but they only had one key... Skoda UK alsoi said it was the software fix that would solve my problems. 

My software chngerd from 1806 to 1896, and Nav database from 22.1 to 22.3. Everything else remained the same.  

Mine was in last week too and they definitely said there still wasn't a fix for the adaptive cruise and it's suicidal tendencies  

Well pleased it appears mine is fixed by software v1896, I hope!! My head unit was replaced a few months ago, I don't think my old head unit would have taken the new software though... 

Edited by matrix2020
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matrix2020 said:

Well pleased it appears mine is fixed by software v1896, I hope!! My head unit was replaced a few months ago, I don't think my old head unit would have taken the new software though... 

Why wouldn't your old headunit have taken the new software?

I've got my car booked in now for the battery system recall and oil change on the 23rd May.  I've specifically also asked for any software updates to be applied.

On 06/05/2022 at 08:57, matrix2020 said:

Great! Does it fix the bug with the climate control not remembering sync is on?

21 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

Great! Does it fix the bug with the climate control not remembering sync is on?

It does, just not closest to you if you are in the UK. Try using the temp furthest away and it's fine. VAGs programmers want flogging then sacking.

• Like 1

Just now, GreenlineIIEstate said:

It does, just not closest to you if you are in the UK. Try using the temp furthest away and it's fine. VAGs programmers want flogging then sacking.

You couldn't make it up, could you lol

4 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

They'd probably enjoy it. 😉 

• Haha 1

On 08/05/2022 at 14:16, GreenlineIIEstate said:

I will try that because mine doesn't remember, but, unsurprisingly I haven't tried that one yet! Didn't even know you could synch the other way, but tbh with the software they have developed anything could be possible. 

On 06/05/2022 at 10:30, Gjones71 said:

Why wouldn't your old headunit have taken the new software?

I've got my car booked in now for the battery system recall and oil change on the 23rd May.  I've specifically also asked for any software updates to be applied.

My old head unit was replaced due to SOS issues could only take an earlier version of software apparently that's why the changed it so the car could get the latest software to fix the problems. 

1 hour ago, matrix2020 said:

I will try that because mine doesn't remember, but, unsurprisingly I haven't tried that one yet! Didn't even know you could synch the other way, but tbh with the software they have developed anything could be possible. 

Mines the same. Enable sync and it's great. After ignition off and come back the word sync disappears but if you use the passenger side controls it maintains sync. Proving once again that Skoda have used cheap developers, not considered right hand drive and have had very little QA before realising a "Beta" release car to customers for full price! I've had a 2 year 10% refund from Skoda finance now because of the number of issues I've complained about over the last year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave2318 said:

the word sync disappears but if you use the passenger side controls it maintains sync

I must try that. I never thought that if it said Sync is off it could still be (sort of) in effect.

On 10/05/2022 at 09:53, DaveFromSydney said:

I must try that. I never thought that if it said Sync is off it could still be (sort of) in effect.

I've had ota updates the last few days which has fixed the sync issue, the control is on the right hand side of the display.  Although it doesn't remember the setting after the car has been locked unfortunately, would have been nice if that was fixed too.

My car went in to today for an update from SW Version 1803 to 1896, one of the issues this update addresses is the driving on the left/right setting for the headlights and the ACC braking when overtaking. Not had much chance to try the ACC out as yet, but my other issues seem to be fixed. 

I've started a new thread about it here

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jjm_vrs said:

I've had ota updates the last few days which has fixed the sync issue, the control is on the right hand side of the display.  Although it doesn't remember the setting after the car has been locked unfortunately, would have been nice if that was fixed too.

Mine got an it's update recently too, now the speakers randomly make 2 loud pop type noises, really annoying, not tried the sync thing yet though. 

• 1 month later...

Good morning!

It's been a while since I posted on this topic.

My car has been in for its service and while there they did identify the update pending but apparently the back-end servers were down and it couldn't be updated at the time, it's now booked for the 20th June to have it done as that was the earliest slot available with a car.  What I found surprising in this was the service department were treating me like I was mad until they had the report from the mechanics the update was available, then their attitude changed.  I get the feeling they don't know the cars they are responsible for maintaining and customer experiences with said cars.  I know that a large portion of the owner base will probably not notice most of the issues we find or will be happy with whatever BS excuse the service dept decide to fob them off with for certain issues (they've told me a couple of doozy's) but enthusiasts will know what's wrong.

Anyway, the other reason for my post is I had an over-the-air update a couple of weeks ago which suggested media system fixes and others.  I didn't see any of the system versions change but since then the ACC has been a lot more stable.  There's the odd occasion it has a hiccup, most notably when moving from a motorway to an A road or vice-versa but then it seems to correct itself and operate normally after a couple of minutes.  Has anyone else found this?

Had my update a couple of weeks ago. Not been able to go on the motorway yet though. Some fairly noticeable differences in the software and the slow boot times are less frequent. The update didn't fix my random errors and KESSY issues though so car has been back in the garage for the last week and a bit, apparently it was the battery sensor at fault, got it back last night so will see how it goes...

Climate control still not syncing permanently though. Enable sync then the right hand control changes temp, ignition off and on then the sync icon disappears and the left hand control changes temp, keeping sync, right hand control turns sync off.

Edited by Dave2318

Just had another over the air update which has introduced a new icon on the menu, “Service Campaigns”. I’m assuming this is to facilitate the main update we’re all waiting for. 

FE4DF95C-2EA5-4712-ABFB-EF4DC86974BC.jpeg

481B83D1-AE90-48AA-ADC1-89042432FF92.jpeg

Edited by Gjones71

I don’t know if it’s me or if the dealership I’m using are incompetent or they are taking the  pud but I’ve just got my car back from apparently having its update done and… nothing has changed. Still on SW 1804.

How come others on here are being notified the update is available but when I talk about it to my dealership they look at me as if I’ve just crawled out of a piece of cheese?

i feel I need to speak to the mechanics directly. Any ideas?