vRS Engine Cover Recall

My car that was delivered this week (but that included 6-8 weeks in a boat) has an engine cover! I've just looked for the webpage to check recalls by VIN and can't find it so not sure whether they've just done a bad pre delivery or if they have a new part fitted ?

Edit:

The website https://recall.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com tells me there are no relevant recall campaigns for my vehicle. But then it says that about my partners Kodiaq that has already had the engine cover removed... 🤷

Edited by bigreddognz
More info

22 minutes ago, bigreddognz said:

My car that was delivered this week (but that included 6-8 weeks in a boat) has an engine cover! I've just looked for the webpage to check recalls by VIN and can't find it so not sure whether they've just done a bad pre delivery or if they have a new part fitted ?

Edit:

The website https://recall.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com tells me there are no relevant recall campaigns for my vehicle. But then it says that about my partners Kodiaq that has already had the engine cover removed... 🤷

Is it a TSI engine?

2 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

What the heck!!! It's a different one. 😲 Looks like there is still hope i guess. 

Can you check underneath if there is a part number written somewhere?  

Hope is out there....

@TheUltraRunner I am now comparing it with photo of mine engine without cover and seems its same one... 

@bigreddognz the part number would be perfect :) 

If there is really new one, I am super curious, if Skoda will replace what they took from us, or just tell us to f**k of :D :D 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

Definitely the 2.0 petrol engine - all documentation here just show it as 180kw - but 180=245 same same.

I've had a bit of a look and can't see a part number, I'm guessing I would need to remove it to find that - but I'm not that keen to do this!  Also about to go to the south island (NZ) for 10 days so don't have a lot of time to go poking around.

Have attached another pic from the drivers side (RHS) A-pillar looking towards the front of the car - hard to see but the four slots are actually holes, not just for "looks".

Bit of history on the car - was ordered July 2021 and apparently built early 2022 then parked up for several months while waiting for door panels, arrived in NZ middle of October, so assume it was finished end of August or sooner ish?

IMG20221115161803.jpg

Ok.... So it turns out the cover comes off relatively easily 😳 and goes back on easily.

See attached for part numbers, can confirm cover fits my partners Kodiaq RS that had the cover removed on the recall. 👍

IMG20221116180402.jpg

IMG20221116180533.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I was asking mine two weeks ago and they dont know nothing. So I was writing mail to Škoda directly and beside some "automatic" reply, which is probably just copied from some one mail to another, info is, that we will be called out by our dealership... So we will probably need to wait a little more... I am still hoping, that skoda will not tell us, that we will lose it completely.. 

Edited by JirikH
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JirikH said:

I was asking mine two weeks ago and they dont know nothing. So I was writing mail to Škoda directly and beside some "automatic" reply, which is probably just copied from some one mail to another, info is, that we will be called out by our dealership... So we will probably need to wait a little more... I am still hoping, that skoda will not tell us, that we will lose it completely.. 

Besides the fact that I am not fan of leaving the top engine side so unprotected, one of my concerns was and is that one, that there is the potential risk of not being called by Skoda for the new part ... so that's the reason why I still have the old part fitted.

5 hours ago, JirikH said:

I will ask my local dealer, when I get in there on the 25th for front diff oil change and gear selector lever mechanism replacement...