vRS Engine Cover Recall

@Tishout

You have no need to purchase one if you owned one and VW Group paid a dealership to remove it and bin it, not even have them recycled. 

They are due you one free gratis fitted back on your car and they are getting them cheaper than that by a long way from whoever manufacture them if it is not a VW company. 

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, toot said:

@Tishout

You have no need to purchase one if you owned one and VW Group paid a dealership to remove it and bin it, not even have them recycled. 

They are due you one free gratis fitted back on your car and they are getting them cheaper than that by a long way from whoever manufacture them if it is not a VW company. 

Absolutely! That's what I'll do - add it to the list of things they need to do on my car!

27 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I didn't say you need to buy it. :) I have just put the info here in case someone want's to buy it and don't want to wait for the new one to arrive (if it ever will). 

thanks, mate, appreciate it! :)

• Like 1

Welcome.  There are new owners that have received cars with a cover recently.  That might be a location location location thing, which country or when the car left the factory.  There are covers though and being fitted to cars that VW group had to have removed.  Just let the seller know you expect your new car to have a new cover.  No reason why dealership should be sitting with demonstrators with engine covers while customers cars have not got one. 

7 hours ago, darios123 said:

I would like to ask if newly produced cars got engine cover. I want to order vRS and i wonder if i get a cover.

I've just swapped to a Kodiaq but still with a 2.0 tsi engine and that came with a cover. No reason a brand new vRS wouldn't.

10 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Could be also the fixing points were upgraded?

Maybe one of the new owners can make a few photos of the cover? From top and bottom.

I tried to pull mine off but it wouldn't move. It kept flexing and I chickened out incase I damaged it.

17 minutes ago, Hairy_Joe said:

I tried to pull mine off but it wouldn't move. It kept flexing and I chickened out incase I damaged it.

If it doesn't go off easily, then fixing points were definitely upgraded. 😁 

• Like 1

Indeed, shouldn't be complicated to remove. Try to remove it with the engine hot, the material should be softer, you pull from the corners and you are done. My concern would be on the back side, close to the downpipe collar ... If it's the same shape, room on that area was tight ... Not touching surfaces but quite close.

9 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I've not got an engine cover on my new car, as I've just found out while having a new windscreen fitted to it. 🙄

Maybe you will feel better. I just got a new windscreen too. And already got the first small stone chip on the way home from the garage. And it seats just in front of my eyes. 🤐

• 3 months later...