Coding of Steering Wheel controls

Hello guys,

I need some help here! Purely from a vanity standpoint, I’ve changed my steering wheel. After installation, the buttons to the left pertaining to multimedia (music, volume, skip tracks etc) are working fine. However I noticed that some of the buttons on the right do not work. 

I need advice on coding 2 of the buttons to the right hand side of the steering wheel to reactivate:

1. Changing of digital cockpit views 

2. Menu that list down the various vehicle optionality (e.g., Vehicle status, oil temp, reset trip counter etc)

Can anyone help?

BC36835B-9D2F-41C3-8D53-2B75C32BAB9E.jpeg

The new steering wheel is not compatible with the older setup, I believe it’s been covered on here before.

but like above, a custom controller would work to fix it. Not easy though 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I also changed the steering wheel to a 2020 Ss3. And I installed this module and all the buttons work. But the first time the steering wheel must be coded on the car without this module. then the module is installed.

Screenshot_20221108_095452.jpg

• Like 1

Update:

1. Steering controls - this was resolved through a LIN convertor which allow buttons to be programmed. 

2. Drive select and start/stop button - I installed this and it is working well. Purchase link included here. There’s 11.11 sale. Great deal! 

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802851402654.html

4F587E6B-A0E8-4F7B-AD99-15E7C9C25430.jpeg

Edited by RT_SGP
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, RT_SGP said:

Update:

1. Steering controls - this was resolved through a LIN convertor which allow buttons to be programmed. 

2. Drive select and start/stop button - I installed this and it is working well. Purchase link included here. There’s 11.11 sale. Great deal! 

Got a link to the LIN converter that you used?

• 2 months later...
On 08/11/2022 at 09:13, IceSpawn said:

I also changed the steering wheel to a 2020 Ss3. And I installed this module and all the buttons work. But the first time the steering wheel must be coded on the car without this module. then the module is installed.

Can you guys give us an update about which steering wheel and air bag you have installed?

I want to retrofit my steering wheel in my Super 2019 FL, but I'm not sure which parts I should buy. OEM numbers of the steering wheel/air bag should match? 

My steering wheel is like on quoted image on the left, without heating, and I would like to retrofit the one with heating. Is it possible?

Apart from LIN converter do I need something else? 

Thanks! ;)

7 hours ago, Patt85 said:

Can you guys give us an update about which steering wheel and air bag you have installed?

I want to retrofit my steering wheel in my Super 2019 FL, but I'm not sure which parts I should buy. OEM numbers of the steering wheel/air bag should match? 

My steering wheel is like on quoted image on the left, without heating, and I would like to retrofit the one with heating. Is it possible?

Apart from LIN converter do I need something else? 

Thanks! /cdn-cgi/mirage/b842c863d70ad70a6e850a28ad8ac3f977bf88aa17efa9c492ceb2760379a738/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Talk to Dumitru Sabin Mihai on Facebook. He has done everything. He is able to tell you what you need or what you need to do.

Screenshot_2023-01-17-06-59-25-732_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 08/11/2022 at 08:13, IceSpawn said:

What module are you referring to?

On 08/11/2022 at 15:10, RT_SGP said:

Update:

4F587E6B-A0E8-4F7B-AD99-15E7C9C25430.jpeg

Got a link to the lin convertor?

27 minutes ago, STU3Y said:

What module are you referring to?

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/radio-adapter-can-bus-decoder-22/canbus-adapter-reduction-for-steering-wheel-2/

36 minutes ago, STU3Y said:

Can anyone provide a link to the lin adapter mentioned 

from here I got the mod. I took the full one. not the basic one. the full one is better. but you can write them an email and tell them what it's about, it would help you.

4 minutes ago, IceSpawn said:

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/radio-adapter-can-bus-decoder-22/canbus-adapter-reduction-for-steering-wheel-2/

from here I got the mod. I took the full one. not the basic one. the full one is better. but you can write them an email and tell them what it's about, it would help you.

Did you manage to get all the buttons working, including the heated steering button?

49 minutes ago, STU3Y said:

Did you manage to get all the buttons working, including the heated steering button?

yes all buttons work. but you have to coding them with vas. Dumitru Sabin Mihai from Facebook helped with the coding. Write to him privately on Facebook