Missing wifi option in Skoda Fabia (Swing)

I recently purchased a used Skoda Fabia model 2020. HOwever, I cannot get the connection to my Android up and running.

I'm following the setup in the MySkoda app, but when I come to the point where I have to enable a hotspot on my phone, I'm stuck as I cannot find the option on the infotainment system to connect to a wifi. I tried following the manual, but the option simply isn't there.

I took a few pictures if the version of the Swing-system, hopefully it can help troubleshooting a bit.

The system was  initially set up in Danish, but I switched to English thinking it might be a localization issue.

IMG_20220825_203715.thumb.jpg.c1df50c7cff54c595db025c4073377ec.jpg 

IMG_20220825_203839.jpg

IMG_20220825_203852.jpg

• 7 months later...
Just now, varooom said:

The updated version is this...

SW Train = MEN2_EU_SKGPx_P0080L

MU = 8755

If this helps you.

It helps a lot, thanks! However, is there a download site somewhere for it? A Google search only shows a lot of examples of you helping people with the file 😅

26 minutes ago, skollop said:

It helps a lot, thanks! However, is there a download site somewhere for it? A Google search only shows a lot of examples of you helping people with the file 😅

I will send you link in an hour or two.

• Thanks 1

@varooom I successfully upgraded the version, thank you a lot for the help. However, I still see no options for wifi in the settings. My knowledge of cars is sparse, but everywhere I can read in manuals etc, it sounds like the Swing infotainment should have the wifi functionality. Do you know if some models don't?

1 hour ago, skollop said:

@varooom I successfully upgraded the version, thank you a lot for the help. However, I still see no options for wifi in the settings. My knowledge of cars is sparse, but everywhere I can read in manuals etc, it sounds like the Swing infotainment should have the wifi functionality. Do you know if some models don't?

I dare say @pab567 would be able to confirm with a VIN number if this unit does not have it, and he would know if there is an upgrade path for you.

He is the hardware expert, I assist in sending along firmwares to people that helps 95% of people 🤝

11 hours ago, pab567 said:

6V0035869H does NOT have WiFi 😞

Hmm I think I need to have a talk with the dealer then 😅 But thanks a lot for the response MN

@varooom Again, thanks a lot for the assistance. You two do some serious good work. Much appreciated! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello, please could you @varooom provide me with the link for update too? I lost connection once with iPhone and I reset settings. After that, I’ve lost functionality like lock settings, virtual subwoofer etc…It shows just Not available. I have too the old version 8742. Thanks a lot!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@varooom I have a lot of troubles with my car radio. I think i have a old software verion. As you can see in the picture below. 

Can you also sent me a download link for the newest software please?

Skoda Fabia.JPEG