Odd button

KamiqTech

Hi all, 2019 Kamiq SE Tech - has the 9” screen and virtual cockpit. What is this button for? Not mentioned in the manual that I can see and doesn’t disable the parking aid as you would think. Curiously the car appears to have front parking sensors as well, but these do not appear to work. Any ideas please?

D14CA283-F87B-4F9B-92D1-BEA40447C7C9.jpeg

Nothing in the manual. Having popped the bonnet, the wiring looks aftermarket. There is power to the switch as there is a little light on the switch, but pressing it doesn’t seem to do anything. Car is only 3 years old and I got a warranty with the dealer who sold it it me a month ago, so may get it investigated. Thanks all

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, carefree said:

Looks cheap and nasty, I’d be getting rid of that asap.

Thanks for the unrequested opinion. I’d disagree and add that it looks a darn sight better than a hole in my dash. It’s down by the light switch , so not very visible anyway.

• Confused 1

Another unrequested opinion then, i agree it looks cheap and nasty, shame that someone went to the effort of cutting a hole in the dash to fit a aftermarket pdc kit on a fairly new car, especially when they offer a factory fit retrofit kit that would look so much nicer and integrate better :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KamiqTech said:

Thanks for the unrequested opinion. I’d disagree and add that it looks a darn sight better than a hole in my dash. It’s down by the light switch , so not very visible anyway.

You may not have requested it, but I’m giving it anyway.

You’re welcome👍

Edited by carefree
  • Like 1
  • Cheeky 1

Unfortunately it's one of the downsides of forums like this one. There are those on here and elsewhere that have the empathy of infants. I would agree with your view that the removal of the button would need remedial work that would be worse.

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

Surely (Shirley)  you try and find what it is fitted for and can it work. 

Then disconnect and leave that switch doing nothing and fit another where you want it and functioning,  or just leave that one to do it's job. 

Really who cares what it looks like other than the driver. 

Wiring done by a professional or diy and run to were you want the switch.   

• Like 1

On 19/11/2022 at 21:19, KamiqTech said:

Any ideas please?

On 20/11/2022 at 20:29, KamiqTech said:

It's a bit unkind to ask forum members to give you "any ideas", then dismiss an idea as an unrequested opinion.

You might not like @carefree's idea of getting rid of the switch, but you did ask.

My idea is to go back to the dealer, complain that the switch doesn't work, and see what they say.

• Thanks 1

To me that's definitely an aftermarket front parking sensor switch and, if it's anything like others I've seen when the light on the switch is iluminated the sensors will be active.

On 22/11/2022 at 06:49, cestrian said:

Unfortunately it's one of the downsides of forums like this one. There are those on here and elsewhere that have the empathy of infants. I would agree with your view that the removal of the button would need remedial work that would be worse.

Saying that something cheap and nasty looks cheap and nasty is being an infant?  No mate, it’s an opinion.  Forums are for people to ask questions, invite opinions, share ideas etc and if you/he don’t like what you read then maybe this isn’t the place for you.  My reply wasn’t abusive in any way.  Do you get upset when someone doesn’t like the shoes you are wearing or isn’t keen on the car you drive?  I have no time for snowflakes who cry just because someone has an opinion different to theirs🙄

Edited by carefree
  • Like 2

On 20/11/2022 at 12:12, KamiqTech said:

Car is only 3 years old and I got a warranty with the dealer who sold it it me a month ago, so may get it investigated.

Good luck with getting the dealer who sold you it to fix a POS aftermarket accessory with bodged wiring!

Thats a wish, not an opinion nor an idea. 😆

Edited by J.R.
  • Cheeky 1

7 hours ago, cestrian said:

Your reply shows my comment applies. I would only say something on a forum that I would be comfortable to say to someone, face to face. Perhaps this forum is not the place for you. 

Errr, ok😂  I’d be more than comfortable telling someone face to face who has a cheap and nasty aftermarket mod that it looks cheap and nasty, absolute zero problems with that whatsoever.

Id also happily tell you to your face that you are a snowflake, why wouldn’t I?

You are clearly one of these ‘modern’ type snowflakes who quiver and get nervous when someone says something slightly controversial.  Maybe a forum like MumsNet is more suited to you, they are all nicey nicey and fluffy over there.  Clearly a big boy forum like this is not for you.

Awwww…..Bless🙄🤣🤣

Edited by carefree

On 22/11/2022 at 06:49, cestrian said:

18 hours ago, cestrian said:

Your reply shows my comment applies. I would only say something on a forum that I would be comfortable to say to someone, face to face. Perhaps this forum is not the place for you. 

What is your problem@cestrian?

Someone asks for opinions on a switch.

Someone gives an opinion, that the switch looks out of place and should be got rid of, and you declare that person to be a "downside" to the forum with the empathy of an infant.

You then loftily declare that you'd never say something on here like that and suggest perhaps he should leave the forum.

You seem to have a lack of self-awareness and an over abundance of self-importance.

You've been on Briskoda less than 2 months and you think you're the arbiter of who should be here or not.

Really!?

Do wind your neck in a bit.

There is a wide variety of people on here, and putting up with opinions we don't like is all part of life.

Refreshing to have someone sensible around these here parts☝️.  Thanks buddy.

Im actually a nice bloke, but I won’t be critiqued for what was an honest, non abusive opinion.

Im sure some people don’t like the colour of my car or my choice in music and that’s absolutely fine, and this is no different.

Edited by carefree

On 19/11/2022 at 21:19, KamiqTech said:

Hi all, 2019 Kamiq SE Tech - has the 9” screen and virtual cockpit. What is this button for? Not mentioned in the manual that I can see and doesn’t disable the parking aid as you would think. Curiously the car appears to have front parking sensors as well, but these do not appear to work. Any ideas please?

D14CA283-F87B-4F9B-92D1-BEA40447C7C9.jpeg

That's the ejector seat button, use it wisely!

.......Sorry I just had to!