2062172 Travel Assist sporadically unavailable

On 05/01/2023 at 10:46, strudlovina said:

2 f@cking years for a simple software fix.

Well, seems it's not that simple after all :)

I assume that it's a hardware design flaw, which they are trying to work around with a software.

If it was really a simple software fix, would be fixed already. BUT if they are looking at replacing hundreds of k of steering wheel (among different brands), it would be a huge cost, hence decision to try to find a software fix.

But just guessing here...

• 4 weeks later...

I have mine booked in to the dealer in a months time to see what they can come up with. The girl that booked it in said she had never heard of this problem which doesn't fill me with much hope :D

Is the TPI linked above applicable to all Skodas? And should I give this to them when taking it in? I feel if I do, they'll just read the part that says temporarily disable travel assist and do nothing else. I use it (when its not playing up) so don't want to disable it, but the noise is driving me crazy.

Edited by gando

39 minutes ago, gando said:

I have mine booked in to the dealer in a months time to see what they can come up with. The girl that booked it in said she had never heard of this problem which doesn't fill me with much hope /cdn-cgi/mirage/ca74ccc0c958c90dcfb1f2893c53ba68e43e63c06f0ba81c9f9acb2c1959ac8e/1280/https://www.briskoda.net/forums/uploads/emoticons/emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Is the TPI linked above applicable to all Skodas? And should I give this to them when taking it in? I feel if I do, they'll just read the part that says temporarily disable travel assist and do nothing else. I use it (when its not playing up) so don't want to disable it, but the noise is driving me crazy.

If they do their job correctly, then they should lookup and find TPI on their own.

They shouldn't disable it without informing you, and getting you to sign document, so you could refuse to.

Hi @strudlovina,

What is it the coding for "turn on steering wheel heating automatically" option? OR are you talking about an extra option within the AC menus?

1 - Module 08 - Air conditioning / heating electronics
2 - Adaptation
3 - Hand heater function during cold start: - (Default value is Active)

Thank you

Just read on Redidt today that Skoda started updating steering wheel hardware and software for Enyaqs to get rid of this issue. I wrote a request to my dealer to see if the same update is finally available for Octavias. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

No luck so far...
Dealer says they are still not aware of any fixes available. I checked myself on erwin and didn't find anything, indeed. One software update is required for my car, but nothing related to TA failures.

• Like 1

Keep people posted, please. In my case, I still need to try @strudlovina solution. If it works properly that way without the heated steering wheel I will keep it until my dealer is in a position to give a quotation for the complete intervention. If it's expensive to fix I will study if it's worth the price or not.

• Like 1

This happening to me at the moment. Driving me crazy. My wheel was replaced even before I took delivery of the car, so that would be a serious error on Skoda's part if it needed another.

Oh well, it's a lease car and it goes back in April - I can't wait. Toyota Corolla estate next. It's been brilliant in many ways but man, the software tics are just too annoying.

• 2 months later...

Marvellous news! Thx @Edela for sharing with us. 

Can you please do a full scan/backup of your car and post here the software versions that you are running on (modules 19, 44, 5F, 75, 13 especially) ?

Cheers

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/04/2023 at 12:51, Mario_Delgado said:

Interesting ... somebody with erWin access on the floor? It would be nice to have a clear view of what's inside that campaign.  

Software version configuration (SWK) for the front camera (A5). Tooks about 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

Typical Skoda/VW response. ‘Not heard of this problem’. They’re just waiting for warranties to expire on early reg MK4 Octavia, Golf’s A3’s etc and then they wont have to deal with the problem. If you want it fixing you’ll have to replace the steering wheel yourself at your own expense.

I took my car in today cos my travel assist kept on beeping and disabling the past 48 hours, and the notes say:

"CAMPAIGN|CARRY OUT 4855 S- ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS CAMERA CONTROL UNIT"

I had a look on Skoda's recalls/campaigns website, checked my VIN number, and it looks like there's an a recall campaign (see below). So this might be your issue

image.thumb.png.9b92364be655f32b8336cbfb9f6e11d2.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mitchec said:

Typical Skoda/VW response. ‘Not heard of this problem’. They’re just waiting for warranties to expire on early reg MK4 Octavia, Golf’s A3’s etc and then they wont have to deal with the problem. If you want it fixing you’ll have to replace the steering wheel yourself at your own expense.

Can someone with new steering wheel please share the hardware and software versions from latest batch?

Thank you

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xTheMagx said:

Software version configuration (SWK) for the front camera (A5). Tooks about 15 minutes. 

Wow ... that was unexpected ... just an update on A5 to solve the issue. It would be nice to have software number and software version of A5 to double check.

• Like 1

On 24/05/2023 at 16:46, Mario_Delgado said:

Wow ... that was unexpected ... just an update on A5 to solve the issue. It would be nice to have software number and software version of A5 to double check.

It's not even flash, just some kind of configuration. I will check if any number changes on next car. 

• Like 2