If there was one thing I would change about my Kamiq…

matchbox

3 hours ago, Northam said:

Nothing springs to mind expect it’s not a Yeti !  I like my Kamiq MC, I appreciate on with the new etc but such a shame it was discontinued.

The one thing that stops me trading my 2017 Yeti for a Kamiq is the low set seating position compared with the Yeti, The Kamiq seats set on their highest setting are lower than the Yeti seats set at their lowest. My wife has a back problem and it is so much easier for her with a higher set seat to ‘slide’ in. Problem is I can’t find anything to match the Yeti to change to!

9 hours ago, Expatman said:

The one thing that stops me trading my 2017 Yeti for a Kamiq is the low set seating position compared with the Yeti, The Kamiq seats set on their highest setting are lower than the Yeti seats set at their lowest. My wife has a back problem and it is so much easier for her with a higher set seat to ‘slide’ in. Problem is I can’t find anything to match the Yeti to change to!

My Kamiq Lease ends next year, I’m thinking not replacing with another lease and buying a Yeti.  Plenty of good low mile ones out there.

On 06/02/2023 at 19:45, sussamb said:

Ah yes, I forgot the horn. Changing mine next month for a twin horn set.

Please let me know how you get on with the circuitry monitoring. You could make a photo record of the job.

On 04/02/2023 at 20:25, carefree said:

I have come to the conclusion that I must be weird….. or just don’t let small things get to me.

The beeping when opening the drivers door is a reminder that your engine is still running, and I see it as such.  On the extremely rare occasion I do this it doesn’t come close to annoying me.

Lane assist is two presses of a button, no big deal and even if I forget and lane assist kicks in it’s just a gentle nudge, again no big deal.

Smaller wheels would make the Kamiq (especially the MC) look ridiculous.  More to the point, my MC rides and handles superbly, with little road noise.

IF I had to nominate a gripe it would be the temperamental sat nav, but DEFINITELY none of the above.

Maybe it’s just me……not being bothered about aspects of the car that are meant to behave the way certain people complain about.  The occasional sat nav glitches are slightly frustrating because it behaves in a way that it wasn’t designed to behave…….THAT is a bona fide gripe IMO.

Anyway, I’ll get my coat.

This post is spot on, Bravo! I don’t understand all the moans and groans about services that will be found in every new car bought today. 
Lane control, no, it’s not dangerous, update your driving skills or switch it off with two button presses, hardly a hardship, it’s going to be in every new car you buy from now on. 

Warning alarms, good luck finding a new car that doesn’t have them. Progression whether you like it or not is like a fast flowing river, either stand on the side and get left behind or jump in and go with the flow. 
Wheels, if you chose the Monte Carlo you chose it for looks, why would you want to spoil it by sticking downmarket or third party wheels on it, but if it bugs you that much budget for it and do it. 
Seat height, if it isn’t tall enough move on and find a different model, they ain’t going to change it for you and the Kamiq is the smallest of three SUV’s in Skodas range, buy a bigger one. 
The areas that let the MC down in my opinion are lack of climate control as a standard option, weedy AC in the summer and shockingly bad rear discs. The latter is a cheap fix so no big deal, the first two are slight annoyances that only manifest themselves after purchase.

I enjoy my car, it’s certainly a million times better than my first car, a Volvo 340 which didn’t beep, pull or have AC. The Kamiq is a winner in my book. 

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

7 hours ago, Northam said:

My Kamiq Lease ends next year, I’m thinking not replacing with another lease and buying a Yeti.  Plenty of good low mile ones out there.

On like for like the closest replacement for a Yeti is the VW T-Cross - good seating height BUT it is so dumbed down compared with a Skoda, internal fit , finish and materials, options etc. just so poor. Now if Skoda had taken over the T-Cross and sold it as a Yeti replacement  with the Kamiq quality finish and options they would have had a winner.

@DazmorgUKWas that the discs and pads genuinely worn from use or ruined through corrosion and requiring replacement or was that some dealerships advice they needed replacing and you went with that advice?

Odd with a manual parking brake as on many VW group smaller models and not an e-brake.  Or did they get done under the Warranty eve though they said not covered as 'wear and tear' items?

• Like 1

Badly corroded, though according to the dealer within tolerance. The dealer suggested and I agreed that they should be replaced elsewhere as the dealer supplied part will also corrode far too quickly. I’ll be shortly buying a set of Brembo from ECP. 

1 hour ago, DazmorgUK said:

. I’ll be shortly buying a set of Brembo from ECP. 

I've got the same issue and need to replace mine.  Can I ask - are you getting Brembo replacements just on trust that they will be better than the crap Skoda fits, or as a result of some specific research/recommendation that you have come across?

12 hours ago, DazmorgUK said:

.....anything must be better than the crap Skoda fits. 

Cheers for the response.  Thinking about it, rather than getting into a debate with the Skoda dealer over specifying non-OEM parts, I will get my trusted local independent to do the job - he will most likely have a preferred disc supplier and I will go along with that.

• Like 2

On 05/02/2023 at 07:55, carefree said:

Really?  It’s one press of the button on the steering wheel to bring up the menu, then one press of the same button to untick lane assist.  You COULD press again to get rid of that menu but I don’t as it disappears anyway within a few seconds.

Out of interest do you know what the button does under Lane Assist?

It too is prior selected and says Speed Adjust but what speed does it adjust? Clicking on the thumb wheel doesn't change it?

On 08/02/2023 at 22:18, DazmorgUK said:

Badly corroded, though according to the dealer within tolerance. The dealer suggested and I agreed that they should be replaced elsewhere as the dealer supplied part will also corrode far too quickly. I’ll be shortly buying a set of Brembo from ECP. 

Look forward to your experience of replacing a brake kit. 

Let’s make this clear. I am delighted with my(2nd)Kamiq and it is great and often under appreciated car. My original post was more tongue in cheek and certainly not a gripe. Just a touch of whimsy,so please lighten up.