GPS clock in France still on GMT

BPL

3 hours ago, BPL said:

Im in France and i can't get my clock to change to French time. It's set to GPS. Could any of you experts help me out please it's so confusing....

Sometimes mine doesn't change with GPS. Just uncheck and set manually 

32 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

... Global Positioning System. This is not a selectible time zone like GMT, BST, CET...

No GPS is a time reference. As your location is known (via GPS) then your local equipment should update to reflect the current time zone. Mine does not hence the post.

Edited by BPL

27 minutes ago, Q102 said:

You have to set to GMT +1

I'm told the lights (xenon AFS etc) should automatically change to the other side but mine never have

My lights have always changed automatically.  However I too have to change the time manually and set it to +1GMY for CET and +2GMT if travelling a bit further for EET.  It's easier to do this than reset the clock each time.

Add me as another whose trip into Europe last year seen the car disobey my instructions to use GPS to set the time.

It should offer an option to set it via the internal sim as well, that would pick it up 

GPS has a time signal built in. That combined with the maps and known location should change the time like it does on your smart phone. I had to change my satnav to CET and all was good.

Edited by BPL

1 hour ago, BPL said:

GPS has a time signal built in. That combined with the maps and known location should change the time like it does on your smart phone. I had to change my satnav to CET and all was good.

I don't think it works how you think (or would like) it to work. That's why it has the option of manually setting +1/+2/+3 hours etc in the time/date menu, which you have to do it yourself.

If you use the search box on Briskoda you will find numerous posts regarding this subject going back several years.