• Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • I know my dealer on first name terms

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just got the car back from the garage. Was overheating and bellowing white smoke. Fixed under the car yard/dealers 3 month warranty which i'm glad about:D .

They said that there was a crack in the waterpump, and this may have been the problem. they have replaced the pump, tested the head and replaced the gasket and then cam belt.

Haven't heard of this fault before, hopefully all sorted now. Other things have just been niggly.:o

Fingers crossed.

Guest Fabia 12v

2002 Octavia 4X4 Elegance Estate.

Only ever two problems... Wheel bushes and a turbo problem... both fixed very quickly by our fantastic dealers at Marlborough Isleworth under warranty. Best car we have ever owned.

Shame about bloody uncomfortable seats :rolleyes:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Are the seats on the 4x4 different to those on the FWD estate then!? Cos there's not much to choose between the Octy and my old Xantia (well the Xantia rode slightly better, but I wasn't going to find anything I could afford newer and as good a ride except a newer Xantia).

2.0 Auto, nearly 5yrs old, 32k miles

Generally reliable but several niggly faults:

Anti-roll bar bushes replaced

Coolant Temp sensor replaced

Exhaust bracket broken/corroded through

Tracking never seems to stay set for long

Rear electric window child-lockout not working

And now the wipers have developed an ominous whining noise - probably the known spindle siezing issue.

• 1 month later...

W Plate TDI 90

90,000 on clock when bought. Have done 40,000 in it since purchase. The car was cheap....ex mini cab and a bit tatty.

Work done:

Service items.

Timing belt

brake discs ( twice )

Brake pads

Oil, filters etc every 10,000

Failures:

MAF

Driver and passenger door lock cables, not the locks themselves although that is what the main dealer was trying to tell me )

Clutch pedal snapped

Drivers seat and steering wheel disintegrating

So not perfect but in terms of pence per mile by far the cheapest car I have owned. She is a pain over speed bumps and is collecting dents at an alarmimg rate: I am a London driver and I love having a car which I don't have to fret over the inevitable bumps and scratches. And best of all she avervages 45mpg in central london traffic!!!!

Had my 2 weeks auto changer packed up, went back to dealer who fitted a new one and still dont work, going back next week so they can investigate it further. they want it for two days so they are lending me a fab, if I like the drive I might chage to fab.

1999 T reg 90bhp TDI hatch

Bought Jan 2004 at 26k, now on 93K.

Main dealer gave 2 yr warranty on 5yr old car!

Had MAF, boot lock & 2 central locking solanoids replaced.

All Hassle-free & Free of charge!

Overall, brilliant.

Mods ... better stereo (transferred from previous car)

AVO dampers (2nd hand from a mate trading up from mk1 to mk2)

noticably less body roll if cornered hard.

Now on Avon tyres which seem to help too.

Economy .... out of this world!!

I work lots of odd shifts & drive off peak on motorways.

Record is 75mpg!!

Usually 60 - 65 mpg!

Club runs 45mpg chasing VRSs & Rapids!

My dealer regards me as an extra salesman,

as I've sent several people to him!!

Bought the car a couple of years ago. Since then, Lambda sensor, exhaust, throttle body/sensors and front passenger seat rattle.

Latest, Brake lights out completely, instrument binnacle keeps intermittently failing (no speedo, revs, lights, temp or fuel guage!).

Car is solid body wise and a great drive, but the electrics are poor, poor, poor, as is the, to use my dealers terms "throttle body made of butter"....

Think it may be worth paying the extra and getting myself a Volvo next, just for the reassurance for my young family.

Think it may be worth paying the extra and getting myself a Volvo next' date=' just for the reassurance for my young family.[/quote']

Just dont get one of their unreliable 4x4 models or one of those featured on Watchdog for having MAF sensors made of butter (most of the model sin the range ;)) :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

51 plate 1.8T 4x4 hatch.

Had mine eight months now, only problems had to replace turbo inlet pipe during 40,000 service & Jabbasport found dump valve u/s next day.(fixed for free during remap)

only other niggle, price of dealer service + work on inlet pipe over

i got a 53 plate octy vRS in feb this year on 29 thousand now on 42 thou and so far

anti roll bar and bushes

temp sender

front badge peeling-replaced

seat cover replaced

steering coloum replaced

clutch and flywheel replaced

all under warranty but warranty finished the day fly wheel was changed

so i am now thinking of skoda/ third party warranty

so not good at the moment considering i bougth it on the grounds of it being more reliable than those crappy fords/vauxhall's i've had

Had a new 1998 Tdi90 GLX Hatchback - got it to 230,000Km - about 143,000 miles - never any trouble. The only parts replaced were those on the maintenance schedule, and... the rear window motors. The thing got trashed last July :brkheart::gnasher::shock::grumpy::RIP::weeping: , and the insurance company refused to pay for repairs. I was heartbroken, so I got a 1999 Tdi90 SLX to make up. Hasn't been looked after so well, IMHO. And that, I think, may have a lot to do with some of the negative answers in this thread.

Got a 2002 TDi90 S Break for the wife, too - again 2nd hand, but no significant probs. Currently at 100,000Km, so about 60,000 miles.

Would I get another? No probs! But no more second-hand stuff, it isn't worth it. Now explain that to the wife...

And I don't like metallic paint!!!

11368.attach

11369.attach