Vrs tsi dsg lumpy idle and stalling

I did the reset of the DSG but having looked it up its more of a throttle body reset, Didn't make any difference to the running of the car.

I have not done a CCA test on the battery. Think I'm just going to get a new one fitted to the car. The current battery is the original 7 years old now and done 135k miles. I may even get the thermostats changed at the same time as I have read that the DSG has its own stat.

• Like 1

Getting the battery changed on Saturday so with any luck it will sort the problem out at least. If not the next step is the change the thermostats and maybe have a flush of the coolant in the system and see if that makes any difference.

Hopefully get the car scanned also on Saturday so will be able to report back any codes. The problem is by the time I get to the place the car is fine and doesn't display any symptoms so its hard for the garage to diagnose.

3 hours ago, lou3b said:

Getting the battery changed on Saturday so with any luck it will sort the problem out at least. If not the next step is the change the thermostats and maybe have a flush of the coolant in the system and see if that makes any difference.

Hopefully get the car scanned also on Saturday so will be able to report back any codes. The problem is by the time I get to the place the car is fine and doesn't display any symptoms so its hard for the garage to diagnose.

I had to leave my car at the garage for several hours until it was fully cold before they could diagnose a cold start fault on mine. Turned out to be timing causing starting issues.

On 08/02/2024 at 15:46, gm73 said:

I had to leave my car at the garage for several hours until it was fully cold before they could diagnose a cold start fault on mine. Turned out to be timing causing starting issues.

The Car starts fine - its when its between 4-10 mins it starts to run rough then after that its fine. That battery replacement didn't do anything to help so going to be buying a new camshaft adjustment sensor and fitting that as a new error code popped up when the mechanic was fitting the new battery and coding it in.

That could be a coincidence as the system will have to reset itself after the battery has been disconnected. I'd give it a few days to settle down and then re-scan.

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't used the car in a while because i didn't want it getting any worse - however I replaced both the Camshaft Adjustment magnet sensors and went on a little drive today and that seems to have fixed the problem with the lumpy idle and stalling. But further driving needs to happen to confirm but I may be toying with the idea of getting rid of the car anyhow.

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm that the car has run fine since these where changed - this was the part number for the item - 06L 109 259 A

• Like 1