Brake pads and discs?

Hi all, 

I recently bought rear and front brake pads from Gsf and they gave me the wrong fronts, they don't fit my year of car. 

I need to return them so wondered if anyone had a suggestion as to what discs and pads are good for daily driving? 

Thanks! 

Just now, Breezy_Pete said:

What size did they give you?

I think it was the shape, 

My mate was installing them but said the pads I'd been given were hooked at the side and my original ones arent so they wouldn't fit? 

New to me but cause its never been looked after properly as I'm discovering continuously as I work on the car, 

They look like genuine pads, I'll try send you a picture of the style I currently have, and the style they sent 

Just now, Breezy_Pete said:

Cool, GSF part number of what you've been given would be handy too.

So the pads that are currently fitted look like the pagid shape, and the GSF ones the drive tech shape. 

The part no is DBPPAD1601 for gsf

Screenshot_20230401_173450_Chrome.png

Screenshot_20230401_173400_Chrome.png

5 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

A VRS has the same front calipers as my tool eater, Lucas calipers for 288mm discs, GSF have given you pads for ATE pattern calipers which won't fit.

Do you mean pads my man? 

28 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

I meant what I said and said what I meant.

7 minutes ago, DieselMonte said:

First is one for your vrs no hook

20230401_185829.thumb.jpg.1f54968150a9b8fcb28dc024e5581d62.jpg

Second is the ate ones 

20230401_185847.thumb.jpg.8b9378bd34411fe1701408e88f8c66fb.jpg

You've already been sorted but this might help someone in the future

Still much appreciated, thankyou for the assistance! 

• 2 weeks later...

Q for SEP /other knowledgeable blokes on here. After buying my 1.4 TDI, I  suspect my locking bolts had been "seen " to by cowboys. I subsequently found that one thread on carrier was damaged. Bloke who fitted helicoils said this is common. Same type of securing bolt carrier, and should OP check threads on carriers?

• 4 weeks later...

Might as well hijack this thread as it's the same subject.

Any idea what front pads I'll need for calipers like this or have I got to take the wheel off again and measure the disc? Websites aren't clear with the stock photos they use 😒

07 plate 1.2 12 valve

FL07LXC front pads.jpg

Looks like an FSII caliper which goes with 239mm discs, and pads which are different shapes inner vs outer.

If you have a pic of the other side of those pads it might be easier to be sure, but the backplates do look different.