Samsung Galaxy S23 and Skoda Octavia IV

Hi guys, thinking of buying a new phone. Using Samsung S10 currently and Android Auto works ok. Sometimes the whole infotainment crashes and restarts, but let us ignore that atm. Thinking about buying Samsung S23. Can anyone confirm S23 and AA works in Skoda Octavia? Please also add info about which S23 version (basic, plus, ultra) you are using. Thank you.

• Like 1

Welcome back! I haven't seen you around for quite some time! I hope this means you've been enjoying your car without any serious issues.

I've tested an S23 Ultra for a slightly more than a month, before returning it back to the seller - couldn't get used to the form (sharp corners) and it had a few software glitches (which I'm sure are rectified by now via updates). The AA connection was stable, both wired and wireless; I don't remember having any problems.
I downgraded to an S21 Ultra (form factor again - rounded corners => pocketability...) and the AA connection is quite stable. It happens from time to time that the phone disconnects and immediately reconnects, only via wired connection. I'm suspecting the usb cable: it's not the original one, because I wanted L-shaped connectors... It could also be a software issue, since I can have few hours long trips without any  problem, and also have several consecutive disconnections on short 20 minutes trips. It's really random...

Wireless connection is stable as far as I can tell - I had no problem so far.

• Thanks 1

On 02/04/2023 at 17:26, SkOmk4 said:

Welcome back! I haven't seen you around for quite some time! I hope this means you've been enjoying your car without any serious issues.

I've tested an S23 Ultra for a slightly more than a month, before returning it back to the seller - couldn't get used to the form (sharp corners) and it had a few software glitches (which I'm sure are rectified by now via updates). The AA connection was stable, both wired and wireless; I don't remember having any problems.
I downgraded to an S21 Ultra (form factor again - rounded corners => pocketability...) and the AA connection is quite stable. It happens from time to time that the phone disconnects and immediately reconnects, only via wired connection. I'm suspecting the usb cable: it's not the original one, because I wanted L-shaped connectors... It could also be a software issue, since I can have few hours long trips without any  problem, and also have several consecutive disconnections on short 20 minutes trips. It's really random...

Wireless connection is stable as far as I can tell - I had no problem so far.

Yes, car is great, except for infotainment. Nothing major, but it still gets on my nerves, when it reboots for no reason, sometimes 2 times in a row. :)

29 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Thanks for replies guys. S23 Ultra is a bit too expensive for my taste. I hope S23 and S23+ work also.

They will work just fine. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to go with Samsung s23+ and can confirm it works fine with AA. I had some doubts, cause while googling, I saw some people posting about issues.

Thank you again for all the answers!

P.S.

The phone is great too. Especially battery life.

Edited by MaximusMeridius
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

No love between my new S23+ and 2023 Octavia 4.

Any ideal?

Thats the software I got on the Octavia. Is there anything nefericire, or any other solution to this?

Thanks.

20230704_091308.jpg

3 hours ago, chrisRO said:

No love between my new S23+ and 2023 Octavia 4.

So what's the actual problem you encounter with your phone? Does it fail to connect? Does it disconnect after a while? Both on cable and wireless?

• Like 1

Not working at all. 

I think my car isnt specced with wireless AA, so it doesnt work at all.

When I'm connecting it wired,  I get the AA notification on the phone, but the car's HU says that it cannot connect.

That's odd!

Wired AA should work without any glitch.

Concerning the wireless AA, IIRC since MY22 or MY23 all mk4s should have it. The first 2 years only had wireless CP and wired AA. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Can you check all permissions are correctly set for AA on your phone? And make sure you have a good quality cable...

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

Swing has different software versions, but i don't know the numbers, so i don't know if it's old or not.

Might be, that factory messed up coding, which happens. Best way would be to report it to dealership and they should check.

• Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the Swing software to last version, published June 2023.

Updated Android Auto to 9.8.xxxx

Updated the phone to latest July software.

Changed 3 USB cables, 1 OEM, 1 original Samsung, 1 original Motorola.

Still not working...cannot connect to the S23+

Any ideas? :(