So I went and bought a Maserati

Aspman

5 minutes ago, MikeTheThinker said:

So is that the FQ model or the VFQ version?

FQ. The GTS V8 of that era can crack 190 and the newest Trofeo V8 model will top 202.

Derv is more common because it was a cheapest version. But they are all fairly uncommon.
I've never seen another on the road.

Edited by Aspman

3 minutes ago, Aspman said:

Oddly enough I saw a similar model down here on The Wirral a couple of weeks back.  I don't know enough about them to say which version it was but it looked like a more staid version of yours.

5 minutes ago, Aspman said:

FQ. The GTS V8 of that era can crack 190 and the newest Trofeo V8 model will top 202.

Derv is more common because it was a cheapest version. But they are all fairly uncommon.

Top Tip: avoid the A90; lots of passport cameras and nee-naws - although I can't see any of the nee-naws catching you if you put your mind to it :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

From the title I thought @Lady Elanore had sold her BMW...

Regardless, woweeee that Maserati is bloody lovely. :inlove:

Having just seen wheeler Dealers and the projected cost of replacement parts, I'd be too frightened to get a Maserati I think. Although if you know where to go, then it looks like even the older Mazzers are potentially affordable...

....hmmmm :thinking: 4.2 V8 Ferrari engine ...

• Like 1

Getting parts from Scuderia isn't quite so bad allegedly. But I was guessing not much worse than parts for an M5 anyway. I've been nearly £900 for brakes on the Mrs JCW countryman this year. Interesting things are expensive.

• Like 2

that is a properly lovely car :)

ive o ly ever sat in one, while picking out our wedding car, waaaaay back when i was a brisky n00b :D

its really on my list of "space and money no object, what would i drive" cars

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aspman said:

It's only illegal if you get caught

I used to have the privelege of riding socially with some Police motorcyclists.  Their sense of humour definitely rubbed off on me and they taught me the meaning of the GLF sign :)

• 2 weeks later...

So had a slow puncture on the Q took it in and the tech warned me that the inner shoulder l of both tyres was very worn. Not dangerous but not far off it.

Had a stern discussion with the supplying dealer which started with, “our prep records show 4.5mm across the  tyre”.

i sent a picture

the conversation continued, “ah, very sorry about that I’ll see what can be done”.

In fairness they are picking the car up next week and putting on two new Pirellis.

IMG_2774.jpeg

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

Hard to see from the photos but the tread grrove depths do actually look even.

You said you needed a larger family car, at 5.2m long your offspring are not Elephants are they? That would sure wear the tyres unevenly 😄

• Haha 1

It’s the far left shoulder that was really worn should have grooves to match the other side. Reminded me of my octy that used to do that on the rears. 

Aye car has quite a lot of leg room in the back🤣. My mate is 6’7” i think even he’d be quite comfortable.

1 hour ago, Aspman said:

All 4 wheel balanced car tested with promise that appears to be sorted.

Tracking checked/adjusted to sort the toe?

Gaz

On 26/04/2023 at 16:28, Gaz said:

Tracking checked/adjusted to sort the toe?

Gaz

Dunno, but tbh I'll take it to a proper place for that myself

• Like 2

On 26/04/2023 at 16:45, AnnoyingPentium said:

Did they say which higher speed? :D

6f1.gif

I suggested to them that that car needed tested at "slightly naughty speeds". Enthusiastic overtaking speeds or possibly just any motorway down south speeds.

• Haha 2