Moving away from Skoda

ruida_silva

Looks like I will be settling for an Ibiza 2l TDI as a next car and can't help but think the Seat forums and owners groups in general and absolutely crap. Almost no information even on very very common stuff like stereo retrofits and almost no one seems to help.

Whenever I searched anything up for my Fabia into Google, there would be several links on Briskoda guaranteed.

Do people with other cars/sister cars often ask for advice on Briskoda? If so what section of the forum?

Polo, even Golf owners I've seen post in the Fabia sections and possibly Ibiza but I forget.  I was told CZ (Skoda) parts were on some Polos at least and AFAIK the VAG fantastic-plastic parts are on Bentleys so I'd imagine some VW/VAG parts on SEAT, engine and gearbox probably and other parts are same/similar to those some Skoda models.

Basics remain the same whichever make or model and I know my neighbour's Ibiza at least has over-complex VW computer programs and systems so must have some similar issues.

Yeah Briskoda and generally Skoda owners groups are great. On the Facebook groups you have at least 2/3 people every week asking what stereo to put in their MK2 Fabia and there will probably be at least 10 comments on there without fail.

even like wheel tyre and size combos, retrofits, torque settings, big jobs/projects you search up for a Skoda there will be a Briskoda result on Google guaranteed it’s great.

if I have generic VAG questions I’ll post on here but atm it’s quite Ibiza specific atm like headlights, arm rest, stereo upgrades that fit it etc

Edited by ruida_silva
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, @Lee said:

I only found Briskoda as I once had a SEAT Toledo 🤣 

Also, act up on the SEAT forum and they'll ban you for 'circumnavigating' the swear filter. That's not a typo. Just ask @Brimma 😂

Brilliant 😂 not planning on acting up haha

• Like 1