Pioneer Stereo connectors don't fit...

Hi all, I've just bought a Fabia mk2 (2013) and the first thing I did was to buy a new stereo (Pioneer FH-S820DAB). I took the factory one out but then noticed that the plugs would not fit (pioneer leads in in picture below), I thought this stuff would be a simple plug in and go affair but apparently not. The Skodas plug does not fit the stereo, the stereos plugs are a different shape 😐

Do I need a separate adapter or something?
Thanks
71gx8JbP+wL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_.jpg

Seems today is the day you have learned that Skoda plugs are not the same as Pioneer.

Best best is to go back to where you bought the Pioneer unit from and ask for the adaptor to make it all work.

ok now after fitting it works but doesn't turn off with ignition, I've already had to piggyback a fuse for the Dashcam, do I need to do the same with the stereo? any one got any idea which ISO port I need to use for that? or an alternative solution? thanks

1 hour ago, Breezy_Pete said:

When you say it doesn't turn off with ignition,  do you mean when key is completely removed?

sorry yeah been a long day! I'll have another look tomorrow I may of missed a setting on the stereo or something

You might have to cross over the yellow and red power feeds shown in your first pic.

There look to be plug/skt connectors halfway along where you can easily do this.

There should be a lot of posts on Briskoda about this.

10 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

You might have to cross over the yellow and red power feeds shown in your first pic.

There look to be plug/skt connectors halfway along where you can easily do this.

There should be a lot of posts on Briskoda about this.

Nah that didn't change anything, stereo still comes on straight away even without key in the barrel. 

I've looked on the page below but it doesn't match what I see (I have asked there as well with pictures). I have 5 wires  into the black section on the car but the converter only has 3...feels like I'm missing something I need.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/196288-oem-wiring-loom-colours-pins-for-stereos/

With a bit of luck someone familiar with the versions of wiring in your car will be bothered to try to help.

Might help if you know which side of May 2013 the car was built, cos there's different wiring documents that cover before and after that May. 

If I'm not mistaken, the stock radio on these gets ignition status via CANBUS rather than a switched live input on the wiring harness, so there may not be a switched live at the connector at all. A good way to check is probe the different pins for voltage with ignition on and off and see if any of them switch on with the ignition.

• Like 2

Ok thank you chaps for all the help it's much appreciated :)

managed to get it working normally so I'll just live with manually turning the radio on/off.

Next job is making it fit snugly and finding/making a bigger fascia, don't fancy buying one incase they're not big enough!

9 hours ago, Jocko said:

Could you not just take the feed from the same place as the dashcam?

That's already in the rear wiper, could piggyback there as well but not sure about overloading if that would happen? No idea on that sorta stuff

You could even switch a small relay from the dashcam source and use the relay to switch the 12v to the stereo. That way there would be no danger of overloading.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QWORK-Relay-Heavy-Socket-Harness/dp/B086JVZ7B2/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3G8POR5TBWVPX&keywords=12+volt+relay&qid=1685528537&sprefix=12+volt+relay%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-6

This would be good for a stereo giving about 200w per stereo channel.

What adapter did you buy? It MUST include a canbus adapter, either for no buttons on steering wheel or with buttons on steering wheel. Should be a black box thingy with a sticker that says canbus, maybe a little status led inside too.

If it doesn't, i would return whatever adapter halfrauds gave you and call a few car audio shops. Key words: skoda, aftermarket radio, wiring adapter canbus. If they're worth their salt they will sell you exactly the wiring loom need for about £20-30. Plus a fascia for £15-20 as well

• Like 1

I have just changed my radio over from the factory fit to a Kenwood unit. I emailed a company called Incartec , as I was confused as to what to get, and they were very helpful with what I needed and I ended up ordering it from them. I thought I would give it a go myself and I am really pleased with the result.