New Octavia tips and tricks

roo

• 4 weeks later...

Skoda dealership has it, it's called VAS. Few of us have it from RossTech and it's called VagCom. It's bit expensive but you may ask for a help from some member with VagCom living close to you.

If you're interesting in buying one:

Ross-Tech: Home

There are european distributors for that tool as well.

Also, there is forum on Briskoda that has a lot of useful things and the map of members with VagCom and their location:

Diagnostics & VAG-COM General Motoring Discussions - Diagnostics & VAG-COM at BRISKODA.net - BRISKODA - The Skoda Forums

Hi, I just tried the Diagnostics & VAG-COM link just now (24/5/10) and it did not work - I have a Octavia Classic 2007 (Jan) and the cental locking (I do not have remote central locking) just unlocks the drivers doore, I have to press the button on the centre consol to unlock the other doors.

The manual says this can be changed,I live in Jersey and would like to get this changed when I am on the UK mainland in June with my car, I will be going near Oxford, is there some kind person willing to do this for me?

Or should I take it to the local dealer?

thanks

Hi, I just tried the Diagnostics & VAG-COM link just now (24/5/10) and it did not work - I have a Octavia Classic 2007 (Jan) and the cental locking (I do not have remote central locking) just unlocks the drivers doore, I have to press the button on the centre consol to unlock the other doors.

The manual says this can be changed,I live in Jersey and would like to get this changed when I am on the UK mainland in June with my car, I will be going near Oxford, is there some kind person willing to do this for me?

Or should I take it to the local dealer?

thanks

I thought the classic was based on the old Mk 1 Octavia. If this is correct then you may need to check the convenience unit in the drivers door. This is a known weak spot in the central locking system.

If it is a Mk2 Octavia then have you tried pressing the unlock button twice in quick sucession as this should then unlock all doors.

I thought the classic was based on the old Mk 1 Octavia. If this is correct then you may need to check the convenience unit in the drivers door. This is a known weak spot in the central locking system.

If it is a Mk2 Octavia then have you tried pressing the unlock button twice in quick sucession as this should then unlock all doors.

Except the poster said they haven't got remote locking...

• 2 months later...

Hi

Many thanks for your help with my unlocking question.

Discovered the following;

1 - On my 2007 (Jan) Classic Octavia 1.9 DSG that pressing the switch located by the ciggy lighter had no effect.

2 - By turning the key in the drivers door quickly twice to the right (unlock position) this unlocked all the other doors and the rear door!

Fantastic!!!

thanks all.

Found another one the other day - pressing and holding the interior lock/unlock button will close or open the windows respectively!

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned in the first post of this thread ;)

No, i'm not on about using the remote - im on about the lock/unlock switch inside the car ;)

You can do it at anytime when keys out, engine running, moving etc so is quite useful.

Found another one the other day - pressing and holding the interior lock/unlock button will close or open the windows respectively!

Tried that the other day but it doesn't work on my 06 vRS. :( booo.

(works with the remote fine though)

did this yesterday while aux was on hold the two forward and back a track together and it comes up with hardware and somethin else, and get the option of CD trans on the rite and PWM. does anyone know what PWM means??

I have tried to set the MPH by using the climate control menu, i followed the guide but cannot get the display in MPH to show up anywhere. Do you need to save the new setting and if so How? where will the setting be displayed?

07 plate Octavia PD TDi Vrs, with the dual zone climate.

Thanks Andy

Should be setting 19.1 on the dual zone for MPH. Turn the passenger temperature dial to 19 and the fan speed dial to 1. It works on my car anyway.

Should be setting 19.1 on the dual zone for MPH. Turn the passenger temperature dial to 19 and the fan speed dial to 1. It works on my car anyway.

Thanks but I've done all that but I can see no Digital display for MPH, where will it be shown??, do you need to save the setting??

Is it shown on the radio, if so which model does it have to be, or the display settings where the dash speedo / revs etc

Thanks, this works great :)

The speed is shown on the driver's side temperature display on the dual zone air conditioning. 19.1 is shown on the passenger side temperature indicator to tell you you've selected the correct mode.

Has anyone found, or does anyone know of a better translation for the Climatronic Display Settings, instead of that Spanish effort?

I can translate the spanish if you want, just send me a PM, also the resetting of the gas pedal is great , ignition on halfway, hold down pedal to the florr for 25 seconds , turn off ignition and release the pedal.

I can translate the spanish if you want, just send me a PM, also the resetting of the gas pedal is great , ignition on halfway, hold down pedal to the florr for 25 seconds , turn off ignition and release the pedal.