New Octavia tips and tricks

roo

Have just discovered the information available on the "hidden" climatronic.... changing centigrade to farenheit and the information on menu 19 about speed and rpm is kind of interesting... but having discovered access to all that information I wondered is any thing else in there actually of any use or interest ? Am I right in assuming that the climatronic controls only let you read the information stored anyway, you cannot change and save settings... or can you and if so what are they.... I know there is a spanish version and some translation available but haven't seen anybody mention anything other than menu 19 information. Like someone above I sort of thought a digital display would appear somehwere but of course it only puts the result in the drivers side temperature display box.... Incidentally I tried same in a friends Passat and it displays same stored data and info...

Simbo: out of curiosity, do you know why Skoda didn't carry over the climatronic control trick to the FL model?

It's a completely new climate control module on the FL, so presume they just decided to drop the ability for it to do this quite cool, but rather useless stuff :)

Found another one the other day - pressing and holding the interior lock/unlock button will close or open the windows respectively!

Tried this one the other day - using the cabin lock/unlock button, on mine the lock will close the windows, but the unlock doesn't do anything :wonder:

Still, it's another option I can use when I've already taken the keys out and then remembered a window's still open :yes:

Cheers,

Steve

Tried this one the other day - using the cabin lock/unlock button, on mine the lock will close the windows, but the unlock doesn't do anything :wonder:

Still, it's another option I can use when I've already taken the keys out and then remembered a window's still open :yes:

Cheers,

Steve

Press once to unlock, then press and hold should shut the windows in theory...

Here's mine: TSI engine.

When you need to top up the oil, the oil cap is quite low down in the engine cover and collects dust and crap around the edge - if you take the oil cap off there's a BIG RISK that this crap falls straight inside your engine :eek:! :o

Luckily the plastic engine cover is only held on with a few clips (just pull up) so pops off easily. The rubber surround to the oil cap is then free - pull this away and brush/blow the crap away before you take off the oil cap.

:thumbup:

My Octavia II 2.0 tdi Elegance from 2006 does not have the full maxidot display. It has full automatic climasystem and Stream radio.

I have searced for this on briskoda.net and elsewhere without finding the answer --->

In Denmark we use KM and the display shows comsumption as liter pr. 100 km (average 5.3 l pr. 100 km). But in Denmark we normally talks about how long a car runs pr. liter. ~ 18.2 km pr. liter.

Can this be changed via the climatronic buttons?

Thanks in advance.

Erik

• Like 1

Everybody, the whole world and his dog probably know this but I found out today by accident that on my '59 plate Octy vRS facelift:

You can adjust the position of the centre console armrest back and forth by about 100mm. It has three position detents.

Did everybody know this? Probably. emoticon-0114-dull.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody, the whole world and his dog probably know this but I found out today by accident that on my '59 plate Octy vRS facelift:

You can adjust the position of the centre console armrest back and forth by about 100mm. It has three position detents.

Found out the other day the Pope is also a catholic.

• 2 weeks later...

Inside the center console armrest, around the edge, ther is a little storage tray. On the lip of this storage tray is a portion that can be lifted. If this is lifted, it allows the climatronic airflow to be directed into the center console, for cooling of drinks cans.

Inside the center console armrest, around the edge, ther is a little storage tray. On the lip of this storage tray is a portion that can be lifted. If this is lifted, it allows the climatronic airflow to be directed into the center console, for cooling of drinks cans.

Except that if the car is being heated it gets warm air

• 3 weeks later...

Can you answer this one please.........When I got the octy LE I noticed that the car locked its self after 30seconds even the windows closed which at the time thought at the time...thats neat. Anyway if I left the keys in the boot and the car locked its self I would be knackered...paniced abit because it wouldnt be the first time I have done it....play about abit...yes I know but just had too...managed to disable the function, however if I did want to use this self-locking system again how would I do it..........read the manual cant find anything.

if you lock your keys in the car & you have a spare key at home what you can do is phone someone at home and providing you are both using mobile phones they should be able to press the unlock button on the spare key close to their mobile and if you hold your mobile near the the drivers door it should unlock the car as it is all done by radio waves.

if you lock your keys in the car & you have a spare key at home what you can do is phone someone at home and providing you are both using mobile phones they should be able to press the unlock button on the spare key close to their mobile and if you hold your mobile near the the drivers door it should unlock the car as it is all done by radio waves.

LMAO!!

:p :p

and if you lift it ever so slightly the arm rest stays at that height, allows for about 2cms higher than the normal position

:p :p

and if you lift it ever so slightly the arm rest stays at that height, allows for about 2cms higher than the normal position

In fact there are 2 height positions beside the normal (lowest) one. :rofl: I use the middle position for local shorter trips, and the top position for longer ones .

The Urban Myth continues emoticon-0145-shake.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Ignition on

Engine off

press and hold 'trip counter reset' 'clock adjust' button for >2 secs to show interval to next service.

Can someone just clarify if you do this the wrong way i.e. Hold the trip down and then turn the ignition on should it say SERVICE NOW! as mine does but if I do it the way instructed above it says service in 2600 or 292 days

Just a bit confused but hopefully the car doesn't need a service just yet. By the way the last service was done by the previous owner, so just checking things out.

Thanks for any help

Can someone confirm that while the center arm rest box is fed with air heated or cooled to the temperature set on the dashboard control, the glove box always receives air conditioned cold air despite what setting the climate control is set to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

With the Light Assist is there anyway of preventing the car from turning the h/lights on if you reach 84mph.

I can't help thinking it could give other drivers the impression you're being an impatient git !

(other than by turning Light Assist off altogether)

84mph! 88mph is the sweet spot! When you hit 88mph all you see is a big flash of lightning and you are back in 1955! :giggle: Sorry, I was thinking of "Back To The Future!" :D