Superb Mk4

On 12/03/2024 at 18:44, DavidY said:

I see the new Superbs are now visible in the UK version of the configurator:
https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-gb?pagegroup=Website&salesprogram=GBR&type=Car configurator
PHEV versions don't seem to be available there yet though?

It's not obvious from the Download a Brochure page, which still shows a picture of the old Superb, but there's now a UK brochure for the new Superb as well:
https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/71165c49-62c5-4f74-b29a-be6ad40d7373

• Like 2

On 12/03/2024 at 10:11, Paulinkeighley said:

I have no idea what the design team were thinking of with that dashboard, looks hideous to me, especially the virtual cockpit module with great thick bezels and sticking out from under the sun shield, yuck

I agree, it has an ugly piano black thick plastic frame plus a secondary thick black border on the lcd itself, so real lcd area used is very small. And the frame extending beyond the sun shield is a very bad design.. 

• Like 1

Followed the Škoda website link to book a test drive. My local dealer got in touch 10mins later with a time and date next week. Great I thought until he sent me a mk3 brochure, I called him back and was told they won’t have a mk4 on site until late April/early May and they will only get 1 so it may be destined for showroom display… 😞

How the hell did they manage to f the design for virtual cockpit like that? For Kodiaq the design is different:

Hi guys, here is Combi in L&K black interior.

I noticed that the digital cockpit has awful space between the screen bezel and the actual screen they squeezed turn signals and other warning lights in that area completely ruining it!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Croat said:

Hi guys, here is Combi in L&K black interior.

I noticed that the digital cockpit has awful space between the screen bezel and the actual screen they squeezed turn signals and other warning lights in that area completely ruining it!

Compared with the integrated look of the rest of the car, the screen looks bloody dreadful - like an aftermarket piece of tat. I'll bet my boots it'll be changed for the facelift, if not before...

Edited by gsmdo

On 16/03/2024 at 11:23, Rifleman said:

Followed the Škoda website link to book a test drive. My local dealer got in touch 10mins later with a time and date next week. Great I thought until he sent me a mk3 brochure, I called him back and was told they won’t have a mk4 on site until late April/early May and they will only get 1 so it may be destined for showroom display… 😞

I think he did his best to try to sell one of the last MK3 out of the assembly line.

12 hours ago, gsmdo said:

Compared with the integrated look of the rest of the car, the screen looks bloody dreadful - like an aftermarket piece of tat. I'll bet my boots it'll be changed for the facelift, if not before...

Did Skoda have some unsold spare parts they wanted to get rid of? Anyway this is the design for Kodiaq:
image.thumb.jpeg.1cab629614b4584147f9687219cb63ce.jpeg

How hard it would've been to copy this? Like seriously!

Hi guys I was editing the new Passat video it has the same digital cockpit. So this is an obvious design flaw by VW or cost-cutting. Anyway here is the Superb in Selection trim.

The dash looks like it will be a dust magnet and almost impossible to clean easily 

That's why they've 'invented' the microfiber screen cleaner, presented as a 'simply clever' solution.😁

• Haha 2

On 25/03/2024 at 20:35, Bap33 said:

That's why they've 'invented' the microfiber screen cleaner, presented as a 'simply clever' solution.😁

I'm talking about the plastic along the dash (not the screen) that is like the bumber - full of seperate vertical panels that requires mnutes instead of seconds to clean

• 3 weeks later...

New Superb will be built next Monday 22nd. Was not expecting such a quick delivery! 

Any idea on Skoda's usual time to deliver to the UK once built? 

Good to hear things are moving at the factory. It will be interesting to hear what you think of the performance of the 1.5 compared to what you have.

12 hours ago, philsmith said:

New Superb will be built next Monday 22nd. Was not expecting such a quick delivery! 

Allow about 1-2 days by train to Emden, then anything from couple of days to month awaiting a ship, 2-4 days ship transit (might discharge part cargo at another port), 1-14 days awaiting a full road transporter going to your dealership.

When it arrives it depends on if the have booked workshop space for PDI, there are some dealers if people call for service or warranty work told 6 weeks wait for a workshop slot.     Overall If all goes well 3 weeks, typically 6-7 weeks, could be 9-10 weeks if busy.

& can be quicker depending on the VW Group UK needing First Registration in any Quarter or 6 months for the UK Average Fleet Co2, or might be held back into the next quarter or 6 months as they need to.

Also the hurry up can be on a Dealership wanting First Registrations done, or the car signed and paid for. 

Dealer says four weeks. 

Like it by biginning of June as I have a trip to Bordeaux in the second week. 

Edited by philsmith

On 17/04/2024 at 19:52, philsmith said:

That's good news for you.  My new Superb was ordered on the same day as yours so maybe it will be on the same RHD production run.  My saleslady is in Prague at the moment experiencing the new Škoda models, but no doubt she'll update me in due course.

On 18/04/2024 at 19:16, philsmith said:

Dealer says four weeks. 

Like it by biginning of June as I have a trip to Bordeaux in the second week. 

If you happen to drive at night outside of the UK, please let us know if dipped beam tilts down and to the right for right hand traffic, or if they figured a better way to do it, like cutting the left kick-up (flat beam) that was there on Mk1 and Mk2 Skodas, at least ones with lens headlamps (halogen or HID).

It seems impossible to get reliable information on this from dealers, I tried for past 4 Skodas I had, so would help a few people, myself included.

Edited by dieselV6

On 30/04/2024 at 22:33, DavidY said:

I see the PHEV models are now available in the UK Configurator. 
Looks like PHEV estate prices start at £41,675 for a SE Technology with no options.

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/

Although by this morning they seem to have disappeared from the configurator!  I imagine they'll be back sooner or later.