Skoda Fabia MK1 1.4 Petrol 2000 X plate SORN off

Boomycol

Be an Ideal Project car for any Skoda lover to get back working or for spares

Make & Model: Skoda Fabia MK1 1.4 Petrol 2000

Colour: Green

Mileage: 75000

Price: £100

Description:

1 Owner, brought from New, 16th September 2000. Fully Stamped Skoda Service History (All Electric Skoda, Kings Heath, Birmingham)

MOT Expired 24th September 2018. All MOT's & Annual Servicing by Skoda Dealer (have all paperwork & stamped service schedule)

IT HAS NO BATTERY!!! Has not been Driven since December 2017

Has been kept in Garage since December 2017

Has two keys & owners manual with Skoda Folder.

Had a fitted roof rack which was removed, I do not have slot covers

It is sold as NOT working

History: This was our family car from September 2001 to September 2016 and basically for going to work, taking kids to school, visiting, holidays.

It's been a fantastic car and is low millage done under 75000 and so had only done about 4200 miles a year roughly.

We replaced it with a Kia Ceed in September 2016 and was only used for shopping and few trips to the tip and we was keeping it for the kids to learn but they not fussed.

This has always been kept in our garage (none airtight)

It hasn’t been in any accidents other than a moped bumping into the bumper and detaching it and breaking the fittings so has been replaced with a new one.

In the summer 2017 it did have a little blip in that the coolant light come on so I didn’t have much coolant left so I topped it up with water from our dehumidifier and it was ok then.

I noticed a bit on contamination in the chamber and it was merky so we reported this to the dealer when it went in for the MOT today

It hasn’t been used since December 2017 and had done about 50 miles since its last MOT in September 2017.

Due to the bad winter we had and the battery went flat so when we checked it in March 2018 it wouldn't turn over and it wouldn’t charge after that so we removed the battery and recycled it. Disappointed as the battery was only just outside the warranty, ggrrr. As I don’t have a battery and with it not being used for so long we don’t know if it still works so we cannot guarantee.

The MOT expired on 24th September 2018 you can use the government MOT check and since they record the MOT's it only failed 3 of the last 12 and all failures were repaired by the Skoda Dealer at point of MOT.

It has been SORN since September 2018 and has sat in the garage since.

Condition: Used *CONDITION DETAILS*

AS IT HAS NOT BEEN DRIVEN FOR THE LAST 4 1/2 YEARS POSSIBLY COULD BE OTHER ISSUES NOW.

IT DOES HAVE MOLDY SEATS/STEERING WHEEL THOUGH UNDER USE AND IS DIRTY ON THE OUTSIDE IT WILL NEED CLEARING

NO BATTERY

Front Passenger side bumper 1 holding clip eroding (Skoda garage information, doesn’t affect MOT apparently and not highlighted) and it has slipped but not detached at time of last MOT)

Front & Back Badges have fallen off due to weather/heat expose over the years I have one of them.

Driver side rear door has scuffs from door opening.

Scratch along bottom of driver’s door

Various other scuffs minor scratches around the car from normal use

Speakers do not work.

Coolant is a low, below the minimum.

Does not have any leaks

Service History/Receipts/Recent Service work: All MOT & Services been done by Skoda Dealers (All Electric Kings Heath). Have Receipts, Service information & MOT

Key Repairs/Replacements
Had New Power Steering Pump & Stats in 2007
Belt replaced & Head Gasket redone 2011 (belt snapped)
New Radiator 2014
New Brake pads 2014
Brake Cylinder & Drums 2015

Extras: Full Spare Tyre & Tool kit, Climair Wind Deflectors, Set of Cloth Matts

Mods: None

Shipping: No

Collection: Yes – Solihull B92 by JLR. You will need to bring low loader or recovery vehicle with winch

Pictures: Images are current bar the last image taken in 2017 when we last cleaned it

PXL_20230521_111605939.jpg

PXL_20230521_111627493.jpg

PXL_20230521_111719068.MP.jpg

PXL_20230521_111726487.jpg

PXL_20230521_112130518.jpg

IMG_20210830_140422.jpg

IMG_20210830_140428.jpg

IMG_20210830_140432.jpg

IMG_20210830_140437.jpg

IMG_20210830_140452.jpg

PXL_20230521_111556141.jpg

IMG_20210830_140602.jpg

IMG_20170601_164646.jpg

Edited by Boomycol
pictures went all over the place
  • Love it! 1

Few have asked for some more pic's so took the boxes out as they were for moisture absorption so can get shots of the interior.

Just to update it has no coolant in the chamber. It was only distilled water from my dehumidifier anyway so probably cooked off from last years record heat wave and previous summers.

All the doors and bonnet and boot open and the battery contacts are fine.

My misses will be sad it going it was really looked after for the 16 years we used it for.

PXL_20230711_095636701.jpg

PXL_20230711_095928327.jpg

PXL_20230711_100146603.jpg

PXL_20230711_100440534.jpg

PXL_20230711_095544992.jpg

PXL_20230711_095555176.jpg

PXL_20230711_095622065.jpg

Just to answer a few more questions

All the doors & boot open and lock along with the bonnet . It does not have central locking and all windows wind down and all work. It does not have an alarm but does have an factory fitted car immobiliser as standard.

It has not sat with the hand break on, it has been off and works no issues and the car rolls still when off and stops with it on

All parts used by the dealer when service and repairing are genuine Skoda supplied parts.

The dirt is just surface dust gathered over the years and you can wipe it aware with your finger would buff up nicely still.

I have also found a spare bulb and fuse kit I had for it with just one bulb used.

Oh and just to clarify I have put 2001 by mistake in the history bit, it was 2000. I am open to offers would rather this go to somebody that can get it back on the road rather than scrap it as its was a great car when we used it. 

Edited by Boomycol
added some bits

Yeah its a bit sad no one wants it tbh is a great car still. Would do it myself but do not have the time or knowledge to fix it.

No way said my misses when I suggested test driving one, I'm not driving a Skoda. Persuaded her to do the test drive and she said yep I'm going to be driving a Skoda,

It blew her socks off for 8K new, 2K less than a Focus and it drove better but we had to wait 3 months for it. 

When we got it for the first few years when ever we went out people would be all over it we had groups of people around it asking questions about it. Even had a petrol garage manager while we was on holiday wanting to buy it off us as he got a 4 months waiting time for his.

On 16/07/2023 at 20:06, petrolcan said:

It's gonna go to the scrappers @AnnoyingPentium

I'd be all over this if I was able to take it on, however thanks to mine rapidly becoming a project on it's own, I'm afraid all I can offer is an obligatory 'good luck with the sale'. It'd be a shame to see such an original car to be scrapped. :sadsmile:

• Like 2

On 18/07/2023 at 16:02, AnnoyingPentium said:

I'd be all over this if I was able to take it on, however thanks to mine rapidly becoming a project on it's own, I'm afraid all I can offer is an obligatory 'good luck with the sale'. It'd be a shame to see such an original car to be scrapped. :sadsmile:

At least put it up over on the "other forum";) where cars of this caliber are their bread and butter. I would but I reckon you have more clout over there than me:D
When does it need to be gone by @Boomycol?

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/07/2023 at 23:25, robt100 said:

At least put it up over on the "other forum";) where cars of this caliber are their bread and butter. I would but I reckon you have more clout over there than me:D
When does it need to be gone by @Boomycol?

What other forum would that be ?

Just need to have this sold, what would anyone suggest ? issue I worry about is ownership, I know breakers won't want to take this on, Whats the best  route to shift the old girl.

auto****e.com

I have posted a link to here @Boomycol there are some who would love it but can't make the 1 week deadline, one guy did mention maybe being able to pick it up next week though if you could hold onto it a tiny bit longer?

EDIT: Thought the auto-censor might catch me out there:rofl:

Edited by robt100

Lets see if I can get around the filter...

auto sh i te .com :D  another forum full of people who love projects like this!

9 hours ago, Boomycol said:

is it the trader site ? 

do you mean on another forum ?

Edited by robt100
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, robt100 said:

Lets see if I can get around the filter...

auto sh i te .com :D  another forum full of people who love projects like this!

ah many thanks!!

24 minutes ago, luke2000 said:

Is this still available? 

Yep it is

• 2 weeks later...