Updates

I know we get ota updates.what is the latest software and navigation database we should have on our cars

Mine reads software 1889.hardware h59.navigation database 21.2.the car goes back in for warranty work so any quick replies would be appreciated. 

I know we get ota updates.what is the latest software and navigation database we should have on our cars

Mine reads software 1889.hardware h59.navigation database 21.2.the car goes back in for warranty work so any quick replies would be appreciated. 

Latest navigation database is 23.6 (the formatting is year.month) so yours is over two years old. It will only update online if you subscribe to  the Infotainment Online package, otherwise you will have to install any navigation updates manually if you need them.

Latest infotainment software is 1941. You can read about it in the thread Infotainment System Restarting endlessly.

Dealer might load software 1941 if you have any of the problems outlined in the TPI in the thread "infotainment system restarting endlessly". Navigation database should be on 23.5 or 23.6 by now. Maybe the navigation database is only updated if you pay for the annual infotainment online (for Columbus and Amundsen systems).

I see 2 (TWO) new topics for a single question?!?!
Actually, the navigation database can be upgraded offline using a USB memory and downloading the new maps from here:
https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/
I have the Infotainment Online package and even though I received the OTAs, the navi database didn't update by itself. I had to download to USB and leave in into the car for a while. You'll find all the instructions in the above link.

BTW, I had an appointment on Monday for the MiB SW update to 1941 - they did it, but didn't bother to update the Navi database which is still v.22.12 that I updated myself 1 or 2 months ago.
The latest version is already on the USB inside the car, but I had no long drive recently, so it didn't have time to update.

Edited by SkOmk4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I've got a navigation update and it appears to be week 25 in 2023. 

File is: OI_P95_EU_202325_Offline_Update

But the files inside the archive are from November last year.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

So the next update will be before end of the year?

The manual update packages are usually released twice a year. June/July and November/December from what I've heard.

Edited by Jorgeminator
  • Thanks 1

I just updated my Navigation Database by downloading OI_P95_EU_202325_Offline_Update from the Skoda update portal and then following the instructions in the MIB3 pdf from the same site.

After a 45 minute drive with the USB drive plugged in, the system went from 21.7 to 22.12.

PXL_20230714_193223604.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

You'll be doing it again in a few months when the new set come out unless it drops in via OTA update 

I thought the same, another 30GB download! I mainly use AA and this is just a backup so it can wait a few months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I can't get mine to update. Followed the instructions for MIB3 and have had the 128GB Samsung usb-c stick with the files in both of the usb-c ports I have at the front for a couple of weeks now. Many multi-hour drives on both. Nothing. Still on 21.2. Sw 1941.

On 26/07/2023 at 21:04, cerz said:

I'll reformat and redownload and try again.

That helped, not sure what I did different. Less than an hour of several short drives and it was updated. 21.2.-->22.12.