Wireless Android Auto issue

Cocobroon

I recently purchased a new Karoq SE L which has the ability to connect to Android Auto (AA) wirelessly. My phone (Samsung A52) initially connects AA wirelessly but after a few seconds it will disconnect. The phone works fine with AA with a wired connection.  I have tried re-pairing the phone to the car but this hasn't made a difference. I went back to the dealer and the salesman tried his iPhone wirelessly and it worked first time.  Has anybody had a similar issue or got any ideas? 

I have a Xiaomi Note 10 and that disconnects periodically but it's not consistent, sometimes it will go for hours then at other times it will disconnect 3 or 4 times in an hour. It reconnects after maybe 10 seconds or so. It' also takes a minute or so to connect initially when starting the car.

On 03/08/2023 at 18:16, Cocobroon said:

I recently purchased a new Karoq SE L which has the ability to connect to Android Auto (AA) wirelessly. My phone (Samsung A52) initially connects AA wirelessly but after a few seconds it will disconnect. The phone works fine with AA with a wired connection.

I have a 71 plate Karoq Sportline. I also have a Samsung A52s. I'm using Android Auto wirelessly with no connection issues at all.

My mobile phone connects and Android Auto starts on the infotainment screen every time as soon as I start the car.

Wireless Android Auto is rock solid in my 2023 SE-L when connected to a Pixel (running the latest Android version), although is buggy as hell when connecting to my Huawei p30 Pro and only works reliably when connected via USB.

Have exactly the same issue. Wireless drops out after a few seconds. Usb connection stable and reliable. karoq se drive purchased 25/7/23. Sony Xperia 10iv. Tried deleting repairing and looked at permissions. No joy. So now to purchase a short usb cable so at least it's tidy. 

• 2 months later...

I had this exact same issue after picking up my new Karoq SE L on Wednesday. Android Auto worked fine with a usb cable but dropped the wireless connection after a few seconds when not connected via usb and refused to reconnect. I found a reference online to a setting in my phone (Samsung Z Flip3) that suggested a conflict if Android Auto had been used on other cars. This seemed worthy of investigation as Android Auto worked seamlessly on my wife's Kamiq.

On your phone open 'Settings'

Select 'Connected Devices'

Scroll down to and select 'Android Auto'

You should see '+ Connect a Car'

Below that click on 'Previously connected cars'

Remove all cars in the list ( I had 2 x Skoda's)

Ensure 'Add new cars to Android Auto' is enabled

Close everything down, restart the car and see if it connects wirelessly.

Mine connected automatically and after agreeing to the various permissions required on the phone it is working normally.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I haven't tried it myself but understand there are one or more clips on Youtube showing how to connect Android Auto wirelessly using an Android phone. (I understand that iPhones are no problem). 

I've got my Samsung in a Brodit holder (to the left of the gear lever) & connect it using a 30cm USBc to USBmicro cable. Power & data in/out via the cable.

Wired connection also minimises battery drain on phone (if it's running as a phone, SatNav (?Waze?) & possibly relaying music into the car's system).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IanPerry316 said:

I haven't tried it myself but understand there are one or more clips on Youtube showing how to connect Android Auto wirelessly using an Android phone. (I understand that iPhones are no problem). 

I've got my Samsung in a Brodit holder (to the left of the gear lever) & connect it using a 30cm USBc to USBmicro cable. Power & data in/out via the cable.

Wired connection also minimises battery drain on phone (if it's running as a phone, SatNav (?Waze?) & possibly relaying music into the car's system).

I tried my older Motorola G9 this morning with the same result so it's not just a Samsung thing. I'm with you on the benefit of the wired connection keeping the phone battery topped up so will stick with that as I don't have a wireless charging pad in the car as I did on my Volvo. Just so annoying that Android Auto works so well wirelessly in our 2020 Kamiq but is just so pants in the Karoq.

13 hours ago, G32turbo said:

I tried my older Motorola G9 this morning with the same result so it's not just a Samsung thing. I'm with you on the benefit of the wired connection keeping the phone battery topped up so will stick with that as I don't have a wireless charging pad in the car as I did on my Volvo. Just so annoying that Android Auto works so well wirelessly in our 2020 Kamiq but is just so pants in the Karoq.

"works so well wirelessly in our 2020 Kamiq"...........I think they call it 'Progress' !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanPerry316 said:

"works so well wirelessly in our 2020 Kamiq"...........I think they call it 'Progress' !

But the new car has better bugs than the older one 😂

• Like 1

Thanks G32 turbo  I have spent ages trying various solutions recommended on the internet.  Cleared out all other cars, emptied memory and cache, even deleted AA and reinstalled it.  Unfortunately none of it has worked.  Once in a blue moon it connects perfectly wirelessly and doesn't drop out.  Works fine with a usb cable, so I am reluctantly using this.  When I collected the car from the dealer they tried to set it up for me, then got their IT expert to try.  She eventually asked me if my phone did wireless charging and then told me that as it didn't I didn't have a wireless phone and needed to get a new phone.  Don't think there's much point going to the dealer for further support.

Phone is a sony xperia 10 iv  car is skoda karoq se drive 2023

• Like 1

On 14/11/2023 at 13:53, eddyr said:

When I collected the car from the dealer they tried to set it up for me, then got their IT expert to try. 

Further update. When I collected the car from the dealer the "expert" who could verify Skoda connect was on holiday so, to be able to use remote locking etc, I had to return to the dealer with my driving licence to finish the set up. On arriving at the dealer today I was told she'd rung in sick and she was the only person trained to use the Skoda Connect system.

Getting to the point on Android Auto, I mentioned my problems to a very IT savvy tech who suggested that, as the phone connects sometimes, it doesn't appear to be a phone problem. He suggested unpairing my phone from the car and performing a factory reset on the car. He sat with me while I did this. With the factory reset done  I re- paired my phone and Android Auto immediately started via wi-fi without selecting the App button or any prompting from me. He couldn't identify what the original issue might have been but did suggest it may have been a conflict with Skoda Connect. On the 40 minute drive home I listened to Spotify wirelessly via Android Auto.

Obviously, after the factory reset, I then had to reconfigure the Skoda Connect App while I both keys were present in the car. I did this when I got home and, as soon as I verified the Skoda Connect account on my phone, Android Auto disconnected and asked me to connect via usb.

It seems that the technician was correct in that there is a conflict between Skoda Connect and wireless Android Auto. Not sure where to go from here.

23 minutes ago, G32turbo said:

Further update. When I collected the car from the dealer the "expert" who could verify Skoda connect was on holiday so, to be able to use remote locking etc, I had to return to the dealer with my driving licence to finish the set up. On arriving at the dealer today I was told she'd rung in sick and she was the only person trained to use the Skoda Connect system.

Getting to the point on Android Auto, I mentioned my problems to a very IT savvy tech who suggested that, as the phone connects sometimes, it doesn't appear to be a phone problem. He suggested unpairing my phone from the car and performing a factory reset on the car. He sat with me while I did this. With the factory reset done  I re- paired my phone and Android Auto immediately started via wi-fi without selecting the App button or any prompting from me. He couldn't identify what the original issue might have been but did suggest it may have been a conflict with Skoda Connect. On the 40 minute drive home I listened to Spotify wirelessly via Android Auto.

Obviously, after the factory reset, I then had to reconfigure the Skoda Connect App while I both keys were present in the car. I did this when I got home and, as soon as I verified the Skoda Connect account on my phone, Android Auto disconnected and asked me to connect via usb.

It seems that the technician was correct in that there is a conflict between Skoda Connect and wireless Android Auto. Not sure where to go from here.

I would suggest that "Sale of Goods Act"......"Not fit for purpose"........"Various Consumer Rights Acts"   etc need to be brought into play.

I'm not at all sorry that I have not gone down the 'latest technology' path on my car (in that I haven't embraced all the latest gizmos etc. provided), and have to say that if I had encountered half of the (very wide-ranging) problems reported her and on other mediums I would be engaging the services of a consumer law savvy lawyer and/or Trading Standards. The monies we are expected to part with nowadays, and what we (or, at least, some of us) get in return is nothing more than an almighty ripoff.

I'm waiting for my first major problem (car is 13 mths old) but I certainly won't hold back if any of the 'niggles' reported on here should arise.

On collecting my 2023 Karoq i was frustrated to find Wireless Android Auto would not work with my old Huawei p30 pro,  whilst it worked faultlessly with my wife's Pixel 6a.

I opted for a wired solution for use with my Huawei,  but following a recent switch to a Galaxy S23 I found Wireless Android Auto now works flawlessly 🤷‍♀️

Just now, pinkpanther said:

On collecting my 2023 Karoq i was frustrated to find Wireless Android Auto would not work with my old Huawei p30 pro,  whilst it worked faultlessly with my wife's Pixel 6a.

I opted for a wired solution for use with my Huawei,  but following a recent switch to a Galaxy S23 I found Wireless Android Auto now works flawlessly 🤷‍♀️

The car additionally has an active Skoda Connect account enabled. 

14 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

It sounds like all might not be lost for me yet. I'm now leaving the Android Auto issue until the dealer sorts out full access to Skoda Connect services for me. So annoying that a new car, so good in so many ways, is let down by flawed technology.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, G32turbo said:

It sounds like all might not be lost for me yet. I'm now leaving the Android Auto issue until the dealer sorts out full access to Skoda Connect services for me. So annoying that a new car, so good in so many ways, is let down by flawed technology.

Good luck for a positive outcome 🤞 

I have the exact same issue connecting wirelessly to Android Auto on my Karoq SL 1.5 2023 model.

I have had the car around 10 weeks now, I notice that on the notifications in the car that the e-sim data connection is not available, I am not sure if this is causing an issue or not but the dealer seemed to think this was the problem and Skoda are aware of it and trying to fix the issue. 

It's very frustrating as I had a 2021 model and AA worked fine wirelessly. 

I have a Pixel 7 pro, my wife has a Samsung Flip 5 and both phones are doing exactly the same thing. Will connect for a few seconds after starting the car and then drop out. Works fine with USB cable. 

On another note I cant register myself as a primary user even with both keys. Again I'm not sure if this is the problem.

I will follow this thread in the hope we get answers to this very annoying issue.