Am I thick?

Figgis

Having read lots of posts on map updates it seemed relatively straightforward. Well how wrong can you be. Downloaded maps (using vin number) HIGH12_P330_EU_202322.zip, unzipped files, formatted 64gb SD card exFAT, Copied unzipped files to SD card (no hidden files) Moved to Karoq to install. Display says

Software update is available SD 2. Select update from SD 2 little spinning icon then message "error no data available" See pictures. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

If it is a Columbus then any formatted 64 GB SD card should work ,

I have a Columbus and use a  Mac to download updated maps to , as the Mac generates spurious files I use “Clean my Drive “ to remove these files and have never had a problem with the updated  maps loading 

• Like 1

Just saying....

I updated maps on our 2018 Superb Columbus unit last time using a 2.5" portable HDD. Can't remember it was FAT32 or NTFS formatted. It was a hell of a lot faster to unzip/copy and also when updating the Columbus. Far less faffing about than using an SD card.

• Like 1

The following method is the only way I could get it to work on my 2018 Karoq

1) Delete all data on a 32GB or 64GB SD card, format card to MS-DOS (FAT 32). Name the card UNTITLED.

2) Unzip the downloaded file (it can take a while) and double-click the unzipped Folder.

3) Select all the contents (two folders and a text file) and drag all three items onto the just-formatted empty SD   

card.

4) Launch the free Mac app “CleanMyDrive2” (or another similar app) to remove Mac-specific invisible files from the SD card.

5) Insert the card into one of the SD slots of the Karoq's infotainment system in the glovebox.

6) On the Navigation screen, on the bottom row, press "Settings" > “Version Info“ > "Update (SD/USB)“.

The car engine does not need to be running, and if the ignition shuts off before the update finishes, just press the engine ‘start’ button once and repeat the above procedure from Step 6. The Update Progress Bar will resume where it left off so you don’t have to start updating from scratch.

7) Power everything down and remove the SD card.

Kev

• Like 1

Problem solved. Formatted SD card on a windows laptop ExFat (64gb card) allocation size 2048 (as on my Mac it doesn't actually give the option to choose) Unzipped the download straight to SD Card on laptop. Everything after that worked fine. At least I shouldn't have a problem next time. Thanks for all your replies.