Kodiaq mark2 premiere links and videos

New photos and details

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/skoda-world/watch-the-premiere-of-the-new-kodiaq-model-live/

Might not also happen to Kodiaq, but the UK spec Kamiq and Scala (facelift brochures October) both have just 2 options, a convenience pack and a winter pack, no individual options (except choice of paint colour)

Edited by SurreyJohn

Grown by 51mm and to these eyes at least, frign ugly - to me the side and especially rear views say Renault, the front view says some North American SUV barge. Chrysler perhaps?

I'm not impressed.  I'm asking myself why would I ever swap my 2020 car, something that after 3years ownership I find hard to fault?

Given any Sportline is now well past the addition £40k luxury UK tax threshold, I can't see me remaining with Skoda when I next change the car.

After nearly 3 years away from the old Kodiaq, I'm ready to come back!   I thinks it's definitely a Marmite Kodiaq seeing the early opinions on the forums, but for me, I like it.  Looking forward to seeing the specs and prices when they come out.  As long as they're not way over the top, it'll be goodbye Tarraco😊

I certainly think the current Sportline trim looks more interesting than this new one. To be it has echos of VW's ID range, a bit blobby and to my eyes blander than the current one. Not sure I'll move to this after my lease is up on my Sportline. May go back to bigger boxier cars like the new 2024 Land Cruiser. We got the Kodiaq soon after the pandemic and had little choice on cars due to crazy delivery times. We wanted a bigger, higher riding and more practical car that had four wheel drive for the roads and lanes around here. Its done its job to be fair, but time to move on next year at some point I think.

I actually quite like the new one - it's a bit sleeker than the old?  However, I still don't like the sticky out angled grille that the current one or the new one has - I prefer the original from a looks perpective.

Still undeceided on the inside though...

23 minutes ago, skomaz said:

I actually quite like the new one - it's a bit sleeker than the old?  However, I still don't like the sticky out angled grille that the current one or the new one has - I prefer the original from a looks perpective.

Still undeceided on the inside though...

I'm not a lover of the cognac(brown) interior that Skoda keeps showing us, I much prefer the black interior that was on the Sportline they showed at the launch.  Hopefully we'll get the specs and prices soon.

Just watching that Sportline video.  I've watched several videos now and most seem to point out the new lettering along the back which makes me think the presenters are quoting from some Skoda press brief.

What's different about it? The badging was replaced by  S K O D A  letting on the Kodiaq three years ago.

Well at least we now know what that Skoda screen wipe was...  a 10p  piece of cloth.  FFS  this is going to get as annoying as people pulling out useless door bins, opening bottles one handed and being impressed by a 10p piece of plastic and calling it an ice scrapper. 

Also the 1st video to suggest ( he doesn't know it tho ) what's happened to Park button - it looks to have been moved to the screen. Hopefully it works like it does at present and doesn't just bring up a sub-menu which would be really annoying.  Makes mention of remote parking which would be a 1st for Skoda if true. I could have done with that last night when some bugger parked their car at an angle in the next bay in such a way I couldn't open the drivers door. Found out I'm now getting too old to enter thru the passenger door and climb over the center console. Well it was either that or having Sainburys customer services put an announcement over their tannoy for the **** who can't park their car properly.  

I quite like the look of it. Definitely worth a serious look next year when mine comes up for change.

Im looking forward to seeing that bronze couloir in the flesh.

I like the SportLine version the most from what I’ve seen of it so far, not keen on that contrasting panel on the D pillar of the other models, looks a bit too Peugeot 3008.

I’m expecting it to be north of £40k though which will be a dealbreaker for a lot of folk given the crazy tax it’ll attract.

That 13" i pad should be below the dashboard line.... Range Rover can do that so why cannot Skoda...

The way its all being described... imagine trying to do that at 50mph.... yer see folks now on the Motorway veering all over the place fiddling with their screens... navigating trough all the fingerprints...

Multi function knobs - no thanks... tempted to look at them if yer about to change something so eyes off the road... that's not good...

Looks are very Marmite and for a Skoda fan its not producing the 'must have' juices....

Don't leave those ipad brackets in the car with folks in the back... looks down right dangerous..

Its gonna be 40K plus, especially with all those extra plastic liners... ( just speccing up a Superb the other day came to nearly 46 grand...) 

We (folks that buy) are keeping their motors longer  - so a 3 year warranty really aint fit for purpose and with that i pad, yer gonna need warranty...

Looks like it just might be Kia or if priced to see, the new Santa Fe for the next motor...... ( just for some protection when yer get Skoda drivers coming the other way in the middle of the road whilst trying to turn up the volume and turn down the heat...) 

🤢

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

16:00 Steering wheel
I just can't understand the need for change in steering wheel levers. It's going to be confusing if you haven't used the car for weeks.

Imaging you're driving 50+ mph in dark highway with chances of deer is high. The cabin is getting a little too hot as you are warm jacket get a little too hot and want to change the temperature but you just changed something else on the knob so you have to browse back to the temperature and take your eyes of the road for many seconds.
It's also raining and and you wan't to change the intesivity of the wipers.
The same time you are climbing a hill and a truck is closing on the other side of the hill. You see the truck driver but the head lights are too low for the high beam assist to understand the situation. You have to disable the long beam and try to remember the sequence as it's different than in the other car.

Is it just me having these hectic moments on the road? 😅

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

How have they managed to get that ridiculous I pad (television) past the road safety bods….  Surely it must block the outward view for those who are vertically challenged and be somewhat distracting to the rest of us…

Edited by Agent X20

On 21/11/2023 at 13:55, Agent X20 said:

Surely it must block the outward view for those who are vertically challenged

It's no higher than the top of the steering wheel. And it's a smaller screen than in a lot of cars these days.

• 2 months later...

A new article on paint colours has following, giving a UK date

• The new Superb is available with six new colours including Cobalt Blue, Carmine Red and Ice Tea Yellow, while the new Kodiaq introduces Bronx Gold. Both are set to arrive in the UK in June.

https://skodamedia.com/en-gb/releases/1471

• 1 month later...

Here is a review of the new Selection trim that's replacing the Style trim and a crazy price!

• 3 weeks later...

€67K.....  as Eddie Murphy would say... get the f.......

... all the lettering and badges look super low quality... stops all that white worm I suppose.😀......  they seem to have cut as many corners as possible,,, did they take the ski flap out as it's in direct line of that over expensive i pad.... 2 meters of 4x2 from B&Q.. slide it through... ooops...ouch...

.... talking of which ..... just  how all that acreage of screen is considered safe to use whilst on the move, he couldn't get it to work whilst stood standing there...