2022 Kodiaq Blind spot and Lane Assist sensor retrofit

Guyrat

Hi everyone, 

I am new here and based in Melbourne Australia. 

I am in the process of finalising the purchase of a 2022 Kodiaq. It does have most options but due to chip shortage, is not equipped with Lane Assist/Blind Spot monitoring. 

Would any of you know if the wiring harness already has the provisions to fit the genuine sensors? 

I assume if genuine sensors can be mounted, they then have to be coded so you can enable/disable them through the infotainment system. OR am I thinking about an impossible scenario? 

Thanks!

Guy 

AU 

Can't answer your question directly but it can be fitted to a Kodiaq. Whether it's cost effective or not only you can tell.

Companies who do this over here will charge the best part of £1000 I'd have thought for Blind Spot alone.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/507396-blind-spot-assist-retrofit-%E2%98%91%EF%B8%8F/

I'm sure the East Yorkshire retrofit guys would be happy with an all expenses paid trip to Melbourne :D

Or parts only...

https://www.kufatec.com/en/skoda/kodiaq/blind-spot-sensor-incl.-rear-traffic-alert-for-skoda-kodiaq-ns7-41950?number=41950-2

Edited by kodiaqsportline

:D If I had that much cash to bring those guys down, I would have gone for a brand new. 

Thanks! good to know there are parts only option. The Skoda dealer I interact with said that, as long as I/installer does not splice any wires the warranty is valid. But not sure how the coding would affect the warranty unless I get it done at the dealer and pay with my kidney. 

None of the wiring will be there for this but it is for sure possible to fit it after the purchase of a car :) 

I believe being in north London is a tad too far for you to bring the car though 😛 

Thank you @ApertureS

I assumed it would be there because I see some cars on sale from 2022 with blind spot and lane assist. I might be wrong but after seeing that Audis have the blind spot sensors in the same harness as reverse sensors, I thought Skoda may have the harness but not the sensors. Because the harness would have been made as default, just that they didn't have the sensors to plug in. 

13-17 AUDI 8T A5 S5 RS5 A4 BLIND SPOT RADAR PARKING SENSOR MODULE HARNESS 032222 | eBay

Now that presents a problem cos the dealership says any chopping and splicing of wires will void warranty. I saw on youtube that if you retrofit, you have to install wiring on the plugs of the front doors (taking vw for example).  https://youtu.be/tp0105g8xt0

:) North London... definitely.... If I win the euro millions lottery :D