What car did you learn to drive in?

Neo_VR

Well, after Alex seeing a Fabia vRS with L plates... heres a question for you all...

What Car did you learn to drive in?

Ill start off.. :)

I learned in a 1.0l 12v corsa.. the car with 1 pot short of an engine... i also drove my mums Nova 1.0. which was muuuch faster than the corsa. but with me being 17 yrs old, that Nova was the fastest car on the planet :D

Well my pupils will soon get a jabba tdi!!!!

:bigcrowd:

Examiners I know off the record have said wow what a car. As the saying goes its like a fluffy pussy cat around town and roars like a lion when shown the national speed limit! :drive:

Now when its been jabba'ed and the little mods Ive done (radiator relief, air intake protected from heat and exhaust lagged to help keep heat down in engine bay and help the exhaust flow). It might be more of a tom cat and a pride of lions!!!!!

Mark II Fiesta (horrid car), Peugeot 106, Mark IV Fiesta, Mark VI Fiesta.

You may gather from this that I had a lot of lessons with some gaps, the longest being 11 years!

By the way Andy, how do your pupils find the Fabia for practicing manoeuvres? I find it harder to judge the distance from the kerb han in any other car I've driven. Maybe this is a consequence of being in a car that feels bigger than it is.

Astmatic Diesel VW Polo. Couldn't get it much above 70! Im my test however I remember coming close to the end getting back to the test centre and I was paraniod about exceeding the 30mph limit and the 5mph limit in the car park!

Austin A40 (the driving school had two; one - the 1964 model - was almost new!). I also had quite a lot of practice in my (soon to be) brother-in-law's 1959 Ford Consul - three-speed box, column change, drum brakes, and all...

Fiat Uno with 45 bhp, IIRC it was a 1987 model. Piece of crap, but easy to drive and manuevre. You could run it with the clutch out to practice your steering ! :cool:

Got out in my old man's Volvo 940 after six lessons, RWD monster with a low pressure turbo, surprising easy to manuevre for such a large car. The day after I passed my test I got my first experience of powersliding on a wet roundabout, managed to catch it in dramatic style ! :airjock:

My little brother didn't fare so well as he reversed it full speed through a wall and into the neighbours front garden the day he passed ! :rofl: