Karoq parking ticket holder

Sanqhar

Nothing came up when I searched per the topic title.

I have broken mine on a 2019 model year Karoq.

How do I replace the plastic holder?  It looks like I have to remove the A pillar trim but what about the airbag?

Any instructions/advice?

tom 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rooted said:

@Sanqhar

Your search engine must be broken as well. 

Screenshot 2023-12-03 12.57.18 PM.png

Thanks for your unhelpful reply.

There is a big difference between your post implying I am stupid and saying something along the lines "there are various replies in Google".

For your information I am not looking for replies for Fabias Octavias or Superbs.  It would be nice if someone who had done it on a Karoq would give me some helpful advice especially as airbags are involved.

I am fed up reading your acerbic replies.  If you can't say something useful then.......

I'm blocking you. 

• Groan 1

23 hours ago, Sanqhar said:

How do I replace the plastic holder?

Hi Tom

Before I had the Karoq I drove an Audi, which didn't have a parking ticket holder. I bought a Tikettak off Amazon for just a few pounds - easy to fit with just a sticky strip and reliable.

Link:  Tikettak - windscreen permit, ticket and note holder

Perhaps the OP simply meant the search did not reveal a ticket holder suitable for a Karoq, as in an original part? I tried, and could not find one. Correct me if im wrong though....

• Like 1

On 02/12/2023 at 18:34, Sanqhar said:

Nothing came up when I searched per the topic title.

How do I replace the plastic holder?  It looks like I have to remove the A pillar trim but what about the airbag?

Any instructions/advice?

tom 

Never paid any attention to the clip fixing but yes I believe it simply fits into a slot when the trim is removed.

I removed the pillar on my Octavia to install dashcam wiring but failed on the karoq as I was frightened I'd break the trim - it's fixed in with clips that required more pulling effort than I was willing to try.

From memory the airbag sat under the furthest away half of the trim from the windscreen so no need to remove it when the trim is removed. However before I even tried playing with the trim, I disconnected the battery.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 1

Really useful gadget, better  than the ( scare your pants off )  auto braking system.  Good for Mirror Hangers such as used on ferries and the Tunnel.

Mine broke off,  March 21 and I went the very nice people  at  Caffyns  Skoda  Ashford.  Didn`t want to  faff about near a perfectly good window seal

so  I asked them to fit it for me, for some reason I got a free health check as well;  the car not me; .  The total cost was £0.73.  I got out a pound coin and

was told it had to be by card and would I like an invoice/ receipt?  yes please.  So I left a main dealer after only spending 73 pence, how good is that?

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, extouran said:

Really useful gadget, better  than the ( scare your pants off )  auto braking system.  Good for Mirror Hangers such as used on ferries and the Tunnel.

Mine broke off,  March 21 and I went the very nice people  at  Caffyns  Skoda  Ashford.  Didn`t want to  faff about near a perfectly good window seal

so  I asked them to fit it for me, for some reason I got a free health check as well;  the car not me; .  The total cost was £0.73.  I got out a pound coin and

was told it had to be by card and would I like an invoice/ receipt?  yes please.  So I left a main dealer after only spending 73 pence, how good is that?

Have you applied to Guinness World Records yet ?

• Haha 1