Reversing camera

wooly4228

H,i I have a 2023 Skoda Kamiq SEDrive 1.5 dsg.I have fitted a reversing camera kit from AliExpressIt all appears ok except there is no picture.The infotainment screen shows the car picture on the left top to bottom with the icons on bottom right. But no actual vision of the back behind car.Has anyone have any idea what it could be. I have sent for another camera boot handle.Any ideas anybody.

I'm not an expert, but I installed it for Octaiva MK3 and Scala. Both work. Coding was necessary for Octavia. The Scala kit worked without .
A link would be helpful.

I installed this camera:       https://aliexpi.com/9GA3
Scala: first run.
Everything connected
Ignition on - set reverse gear.
Disconnect camera - reconnect
The radio/multimedia system restarted. - self 
The rear camera view works.
That's what I did for myself

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wooly4228 said:

Thanks for your information.Will take a look when I get time.

£28.24  25%OFF | Vkauto For Skoda Kamiq 2019~2023 Canbus Dynamic Trajectory Camera Rear View Camera Work With MIB Unit

This is the one I got

Have ordered the one in your link

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2023 at 16:01, pawel70 said:

I'm not an expert, but I installed it for Octaiva MK3 and Scala. Both work. Coding was necessary for Octavia. The Scala kit worked without .
A link would be helpful.

Everything connected

Cheers mate finally got around to finishing off the retrofit camera followed you instructions and all working great. Thank you for your help. Wish there were more like you.

• Like 1

Well as I am disabled and reverse with door mirrors the camera helps as you can't see directly behind using door mirrors.

Perhaps you are lucky and can turn you body and head to look back over your shoulder to reverse. 

Think before you type Crap

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sussamb said:

Always amazed that some folks need a camera to reverse a car 😁

Honest to God, you've included a smily face but forgive me for not seeing the funny side of it.

We can all reverse cars, nobody NEEDS a camera to reverse, but it does act as an aid to assist reversing. With all the best will in the world, you cannot possibly see everything around your car when reversing.

Why not google 'blind spot' and then think about apologising to those, who by implication, you've accused of not being able to reverse their cars. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wooly4228 said:

Well as I am disabled and reverse with door mirrors the camera helps as you can't see directly behind using door mirrors.

Perhaps you are lucky and can turn you body and head to look back over your shoulder to reverse. 

No need to look over your shoulder to reverse, I just do as you do and use my door mirrors.

1 hour ago, sussamb said:

No need to look over your shoulder to reverse, I just do as you do and use my door mirrors.

By all means use your mirrors but there will still be a massive blind spot directly behind you that you cannot see - due to the car's bodywork.  You could look at this area before reversing but it could easily be filled by something without your knowledge as you reverse (small child, perhaps a cat or dog that you also wouldn't see in your door mirrors.  A reversing camera overcomes this issue and allows you to see everything you can see in the mirrors PLUS that blind spot directly behind you from the bumper back.

I don't have a camera on our Kodiaq and am very very careful but do on our Swift and there is no doubt about it the camera does help from a safety point of view (even when reversing such a small car).

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I've been reversing vehicles for over 40 years and not hit anything yet. Only time I found a camera useful was reversing ambulances, when you had no rear view mirror.

• Love it! 1

53 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Well I've been reversing vehicles for over 40 years and not hit anything yet. Only time I found a camera useful was reversing ambulances, when you had no rear view mirror.

Likewise (well 39 years) and that includes driving a 32ft Winnebago but I can still see the benefits of having a camera...

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

On 24/12/2023 at 16:01, pawel70 said:

A link would be helpful.

Everything connected

Cheers mate finally got around to finishing off the retrofit camera followed you instructions and all working great. Thank you for your help. Wish there were more like you.

2 hours ago, sussamb said:

Well I do believe Ambulances in the UK have Door Mirrors.

19 hours ago, sussamb said:

Always amazed that some folks need a camera to reverse a car 😁

Having a reversing camera for most people is a pleasant luxury, not a necessity.

I have managed without a reversing camera for decades.

Then I fitted one, and while find I still use my mirrors to reverse, the camera is useful for precise manoeuvring where there is a bollard or other low obstacle directly behind my car.

Perhaps your post can make people with reversing cameras feel inferior to you, but I expect they'll see straight through your "amazement" to the childish malice behind it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having one has been a revelation to me, especially when using every mm to parallel park and hooking up my trailers, a regular occurrence, I use it in addition to my mirrors and only for the last 30 cm.

Its amusing to see either bystanders when parking or someone helping me couple a trailer making frantic hand signals as I get extremely close but the problem is to see and enjoy them I have to use my mirrors and stop looking at the camera, instead I hear their shouts of urgency.

What would be really nice is if the image could be shown in the rear view mirrors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sussamb said:

Hooray

He found a camera useful, say no more.

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, sussamb said:

Unfortunately they just see down the sides and not behind the box body of the ambulance 

Also as SUVs are higher off the ground they don't see the Child that walked behind you on a supermarket car park

• Like 1