Koni Street rebuilt.

Posted this morning 4 examples of comparison (same route) between me previous Koni and my rebuild (full description, speed etc) but i can not see it now.

Was clear how much different was the ''new'' with ''old'' situation.

I saw the post but can not remember all that was in it, or the details, other than you reporting that the rebuild made a great improvement on the handling of the car and performance of suspension.  Perhaps it was you putting something about previously to the rebuild a perception of danger whilst driving on a public road - but I don't know, I didn't 'Report' it and I am not a Moderator, or site owner, so could not remove the post but I did think the choice of word or description was unwise.

I posted 4 examples in the same 90Km route, before and after rebuild work, nothing illegal.

Description of the road (turn, straight, highway, inclination, speed etc) and how was the situation before and how after with details.

Another proof how succesful job Koni service did and how helpful this was in my driving style, wish i could did this some years earlier.

• Groan 1

I saw the post but can not remember all that was in it, or the details, but I did notice that you had put something like - [not the same as I am putting now but with the same key words] - before the rebuild driving on the public road and something something something dangerous.  I have no real idea if that was the reason the post was removed but I had thought I think I know what you actually meant but it didn't necessarily read that way in the post and a poor choice of words and/or description - but it might have been something else a lot less noticeable to me, or both things, I can't know for sure.

National Highway

Before: speed 100-120 Km,more that this the car had the sense of ''lighteen"

After: No problem even with 130Km speed, at 120 Km the car was so stable so i could take photos for fuel consumption (i have posted them).

Right turn, uphill with negative inclination, 3rd gear

Before: Lot of suspension compression at front, the rear was moving instantly left-right (in Greece we call it ''tail fishing")

After: Normal at front, nothing in rear, complete the turn with speed.

Straight line, the old part of the road connected with the new (repaired) has a small saddle, here we call it ''stitch"

Before: Characteristic annoying sound and small bounce

After: A small sound and nothing more.

U turns, here we call them ''hairpin turns"

Before: Lot of front suspension compression, i had the feeling that the tyre will touch the front fender

After: No worries, complete them fast like a Compass divider.

Straight line, downhill, 100Km speed, prolonged left turn after

Before: again the sense of ''lighteen", unsafe feeling to continue in the turn with that speed so i had to brake a bit

After: The car was stable, continue in turn with the same momentum, no need to brake.

Left turn after a straight line, proper inclination

Before: No more that 80 Km speed, couldn't push more

After: 90 Km speed and steady.

Straight line and after a part with sneaky configuration due to small sedimentation

Before: If you don't know it as you coming with 100-120Km you feel like an aeroplane with tremors and by fear you brake

After: Continue with the same speed as i was coming, security sense.

City, small potholes-railway etc / emergency brake

Before: Characteristic annoying sound and small bounce / lot of front suspension compression.

After: A small sound, much more comfortable sense / no worries,everything normal.

UK - fishtailing, hairpin bends/turns (a u-turn is to turn the vehicle to face the opposite direction).

I have no idea now but there might have been a derogatory term about people from another country in the deleted post which instead of with the other mentioned factor might have caused the deletion.

All these years as co-driver i had my wife or one or my brothers, many times in the back seat i had my parents and in ALL of the instances when i was driving Stock car (stock suspension, no ECU chip or exhaust) i had to drive much slower that i could otherwise i had complains in the turns (in Highway or straight line roads no problem).

Every time i was trying even a bit more (in Mountain Roads) the car was like a seesaw (swing) and i felt it personally when i had my Felicia with Stock suspension (stock shock absorbers, stock springs, no strut brace, no anti-roll bar).

Routes that i knew like my palm i couldn't enjoy them because every turn i had to take it with low speed otherwise me or my co-driver we were like pendulum, if i was trying a bit more the whole situation was ''shouting'' that the car couldn't and needed upgrades.

There wasn't a Dilemma: let it as is, drive slow in Mountain Roads like your father or make upgrades if you want to drive sport style as you like because 2 years before i bought my car i had solve this in my mind.

I let the Sport motorcycles in purpose (i still drive a small one) but i decided the Spirit will be continued in cars, why? Because:

and the decision was Final no matter i someone didn't like it or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Straight line, downhill, 100Km speed, prolonged left turn after

Before: again the sense of ''lighteen", unsafe feeling to continue in the turn with that speed so i had to brake a bit

After: The car was stable, continue in turn with the same momentum, no need to brake.

How to die 101, these things will get you in a felicia, dont do them

It is worth noting that according to data from the Hellenic Statistical Authority, in the first 8 months of 2023 there were 7,416 traffic accidents in Greece, the dead in the first 8 months of 2023 amounted to 425.

Who told you than in a completely Stock car you are 100% safe?

Does anyone has a contract signed by God that he won't die driving even with 60 km speed?

• Crying 1

15 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Who told you than in a completely Stock car you are 100% safe?

You are making a crucial mistake.

Its 100% of as safe as it can inherently be.

Meaning if I remove the rear brakes for example the vehicle is less than 100% safe than it could have been if they were still fitted.

15 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Does anyone has a contract signed by God that he won't die driving even with 60 km speed?

Ah soo I after clubbing I can just drive, while being tipsy, since Its all a pot of luck why not test mine!

Blimey...   5 pages and this argument is still going on.

At the end of the day it is one person's car and he has chosen to fit aftermarket parts from a quality supplier to improve the characteristics of his car.  There may be geometry changes as a result but suspension is about far more than just geometry.

The change is his choice and his choice ONLY to make...   

Some people want to keep their vehicles stock and OE and others don't.  So why argue so vehemently?

• Like 2

Why the argument continues is another matter but it began because a couple of posters, one with good intentions the other I'm not so sure about, don't want other viewers or posters to follow this example of suspension set up.

I made a second thought, i will install in the future Kayaba suspension.

https://kyb-europe.com/products/shock-absorbers/ultra-sr/

Shock Absorbers – Ultra SR

High pressure gas shock absorbers, struts and cartridges for performance cars.

Product Description

The Ultra SR design is more responsive and automatically adjusts to driving conditions, providing a firmer ride and additional control using a high pressure gas charge.

Twin tube / monotube unit, available as shocks, struts and cartridges for sports cars or cars towing heavy loads

large-productsUltra-SR.jpg

It's Kayaba and for Sport driving, i don't believe that @Thefeliciahacker has an objection huh?

• Haha 1

@Thefeliciahacker

Andreas, please let him try whatever he wants. Let him make whatever mistakes he wants to make. Heck, let him recite and eat with the big spoon any marketing BS he finds. It is his life he's playing with. You will NEVER change his destiny. It is better to stay and watch the inevitable. Just don't reply to any of his posts. It is obvious that every topic he created is not debatable. So let him play ping-pong only with his trolling friend for years. I can assure you that potential readers of those lengthy and useless topics will either fall asleep or they will exercise their critical thinking using their own brain. Trust me.

There is a very telling proverb that says "give him enough rope to hang himself". Enjoy.

• Groan 1

Here is a very informative story about and Engineer and the mania about OEM.

Many years back the time for the 1st MOT test came, due to reorganization the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport gave us 3 years more time frame so when i went the car already had the upgrades in ECU-exhaust-suspension-brakes etc, was in excellent condition.

When the test finished the secretary called my name and a guy show up with ironic attitude

You are the owner of that Felicia?

Yes

I am (name) Engineer and owner of this MOT centre, you got cut, No pass, cut !

I asked why and replied:

The car accelerates more that the stock, the suspension is stiffer than the stock, the brakes are stronger than the stock

So what? is that a drawback?

They are out of specifications

Which are these? All the upgrades are from famous brands with their catalogues ''for Felicia"

Yes, but you are going to be killed in the road

Which road and why?

Oh, let's presume that you will drive that car in the road of (name) in Evia, you are going to be killed

I am from that place and i know these roads like my palm, i have drove that roads before with motorcycles and other cars

(the guy hesitated)

So if that car can accelerate better than the stock in an overtake, can have much better handling and can brake better than the stock can not pass the MOT and this (i sawed to him an old carburettor car in the ramp, ready for inspection which looked in bad situation) will pass?

(silence)

I don't accept the verdict, i refuse to remove all the upgrades (brand names) and i will fill a complain form to the Ministry

Eeem...yes but you have tinted windows and much more brighter lights than the stock

I have tinted window film from Foliatec with a certificated signed and stamped that is inside the legal rate and PIAA bulbs 4000K much better than the yellowish colour of the stock bulb so i can see better in the night, all these are cheap excuses, i will mention that in Auto-forums in Greece so everyone with an upgraded car will learn what happened here.

OK,OK...come back tomorrow for an Reinspection, not in queue but from the side

I went, paid 10 euros, all the notifications vanished and got my permission.

For all the next MOT i went to another station and never had any problem with my upgrades, on a contrary some Engineers congratulated me when i explain them what have i installed and for what reason, so every time i hear for an Engineer to ''he tears his clothes" about stock components ONLY i remember that funny guy which wanted more money (32 euro) from me and he thought that i will accept the extortion.

PS: I didn't force a member to participate to my topics, if that guy posts again and again after me saying silly things means that my presence here hurts him and i intend to make that ''pain'' more powerful and last more. 😈

• Groan 1

13 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Many years back the time for the 1st MOT test came, due to reorganization the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport gave us 3 years more time frame so when i went the car already had the upgrades in ECU-exhaust-suspension-brakes etc, was in excellent condition.

When the test finished the secretary called my name and a guy show up with ironic attitude

You are the owner of that Felicia?

Yes

I am (name) Engineer and owner of this MOT centre, you got cut, No pass, cut !

I asked why and replied:

The car accelerates more that the stock, the suspension is stiffer than the stock, the brakes are stronger than the stock

So what? is that a drawback?

They are out of specifications

Which are these? All the upgrades are from famous brands with their catalogues ''for Felicia"

Yes, but you are going to be killed in the road

Which road and why?

Oh, let's presume that you will drive that car in the road of (name) in Evia, you are going to be killed

I am from that place and i know these roads like my palm, i have drove that roads before with motorcycles and other cars

(the guy hesitated)

So if that car can accelerate better than the stock in an overtake, can have much better handling and can brake better than the stock can not pass the MOT and this (i sawed to him an old carburettor car in the ramp, ready for inspection which looked in bad situation) will pass?

(silence)

I don't accept the verdict, i refuse to remove all the upgrades (brand names) and i will fill a complain form to the Ministry

Eeem...yes but you have tinted windows and much more brighter lights than the stock

I have tinted window film from Foliatec with a certificated signed and stamped that is inside the legal rate and PIAA bulbs 4000K much better than the yellowish colour of the stock bulb so i can see better in the night, all these are cheap excuses, i will mention that in Auto-forums in Greece so everyone with an upgraded car will learn what happened here.

OK,OK...come back tomorrow for an Reinspection, not in queue but from the side

I went, paid 10 euros, all the notifications vanished and got my permission.

Ah thank God that someone provided resistance to stupidity, the issue with private mot stations is they got competition so if one fails the vehicle you are going to go to the other. 

But what he did was absolutely lawful, he wanted to uphold the type rating, he wanted the vehicle to be legal, the moment the vehicle gets type rating certified (That E8 you see on the glass for example) it has to remain in the condition. 

You vehicle has lost its type rating certification and therefore is completely illegal to drive according to EU law and in Germany TUV would have failed it immediately. 

What the guy did was within his authority. 

You remind me all those kagoures the keep complaining about not being able to pass mot while they've spent too many ks. 

Of course they won't, the moment you even change the exhaust you loose the type certificate 

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

13 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

will mention that in Auto-forums in Greece so everyone with an upgraded car will learn what happened here

Would he fail my stock cars? If no he is doing the right thing. 

Failing illegally modified cars is the correct thing to do 

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

3 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

in Germany TUV would have failed it immediately. 

I live in Greece and not in Germany, if i was living in USA i would had a restomod Corvette 1966 with all the upgrades that i can couldn't have in Greece or any other EU country.

That smart@ss engineer can take his degree and make it an enema, all he was trying was to get more money from me but all he took was ''from the three the longest".

By the way can you tell me:

What brand and viscosity was the OE engine oil when you bought your car?

What brand was the brake fluid?

What brand were the brake discs and pads?

Can I ask what the apparent obsession is with OE parts?  The OE process is a balance of cost Vs performance and often the cost side wins meaning OE is not always the best and better non-OE parts are available that perform better, last longer etc.

In addition certain OE parts for older cars are no longer available so there's no choice but to go aftermarket non OE.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, skomaz said:

often the cost side wins meaning OE is not always the best and better non-OE parts are available that perform better, last longer etc.

In addition certain OE parts for older cars are no longer available so there's no choice but to go aftermarket non OE.

I assure you that some sell to older people or young which they don't know much ''Original Skoda" :

Batteries, car wipers, coolants, poly-V belts, bulbs etc in much higher prices but of course the never show to the customer that products in white cardboard box with Skoda emblem on it.

That customers pay far much more than it should and many times they say in conversations ''me? only original Skoda products".

1 hour ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

TUV certification has higher authority over mastromhtos I.KTEO

For example my Remus, Foliatec have TÜV approval.

Now, should i remove my Goodrigde brake line kit and re-install the factory rubber hoses to be ''OE correct" ? 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

TUV certification has higher authority

But does it deserve that higher authority or is it like the continuing myth that "German engineering quality" means it's always high quality, when it often isn't.

I have only ever had manual foot pumps with TUV certificate label and they weren't that good quality and my neighbour's cheap flimsier looking pump outlasted them - perhaps it's different when applied to suspension parts, I have no idea.

As I've put before my wife's VWSkoda factory fitted dampers only lasted 6 years and 41k-miles (66,000 km) and their replacement almost failed the next MoT less than 12 months later because the replacements were "misting" which the local Skoda Dealership said was normal, yet on asking my friends that have had lots of different cars over decades and more than a few cars now they said they have never experienced this other than as a failure of the part - so much for OE quality!

I don't want to shatter your beliefs but you may find if you have a job related to car manufacturing engineering that things aren't as 'black and white' and pure as you seem to see them now and engineers aren't higher beings but just the same as everyone else, some good, some bad, most in-between and that car companies operate far from high ideals even when they say or pretend to.  :cough: Dieselgate :cough; just one example, lots of engineering there, particularly on engineering VW's (and others) truth.