New Karoq owner- working way through manual! - queries

Shirlbee

Hi all, new to the group and whilst I have looked I can see posts but not really answers. 

On my previous car, also a Sportline but a Peugeot 3008 I had a very handy addition to the cockpit/dashboard. On pretty much any decent road that was mapped it always showed the maximum speed on that road - very useful. Is this something I am missing, is there a way of switching this on, the manual actually provides very little guidance for the cockpit and what it can do. 

One other thing, when my headlights were on auto in my previous car they would when on auto switch on full beam on country dark roads on which I travel a fair bit. Is this something that can be done?  TIA

• Like 1

Traffic sign recognition is part of the optional 'Travel Assist Package' (£1,145) and the 'Travel Assist Package Plus' (£1,590).  Automatic headlight control is part of the 'Light Package' (£2,075).

There are some phone apps that can display the current speed limit.

Regarding showing the maximum speed permitted on certain roads, the navigation app Waze does this. I use it connected through Android Auto.

Waze on Google Play

To show the speed limit on the sat nav it is just a mater of pressing the three dots bottom right and settings and ticking box for show traffic signs.

If you have LED matrix headlights then it is just a mater of pushing the high beam stalk forward and a white  a appears on the dash. Then when you drive on an unlit road the lights go to full beam ( white a turns blue) and will adjust the beam for cars in front or coming towards you no intervention by you required, just let them do their thing.

IMG_3051.jpeg

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mumpsim said:

Traffic sign recognition is part of the optional 'Travel Assist Package' (£1,145) and the 'Travel Assist Package Plus' (£1,590).  Automatic headlight control is part of the 'Light Package' (£2,075).

There are some phone apps that can display the current speed limit.

That is a disappointing. Totally my own fault I  should have  checked,  but thought as my previous car was four years old it would be in others of a similar spec, and more expensive,  bought today.  The same with the lights... Obviously I was wrong. Many thanks though.  

8 hours ago, Shirlbee said:

That is a disappointing. Totally my own fault I  should have  checked,  but thought as my previous car was four years old it would be in others of a similar spec, and more expensive,  bought today.  The same with the lights... Obviously I was wrong. Many thanks though.  

As per my reply above you can have the speed sign displayed on the map screen. It is done purely by sat nav position and not by the optional traffic sign camera and works well.

9 hours ago, Shirlbee said:

I had a succession of cars of the same brand. One thing that came out of the forums was that a specific trim level had a high spec, and then over the years certain features were removed to save costs. One specific feature is that my first one had a digital dash with a choice of five colours, and the next one of the same spec only had one colour. During the last three or four years shortages of microchips has effecively forced manufacturers to ship cars with certain features not fitted, and it has been a bit of a lottery with some buyers being disappointed with cars not fitted with what was expected. I suppose I was lucky as our Edition has everything it shoiuld have.

My 2018 SeL has the removable bootlight/torch that was deleted on later models.  I'm not sure but it's in my mind that the paddle shift was also deleted.

tom

My 22 spec Sportline has had the umbrella deleted, along with torch and heated windscreen! I know which I would have preferred to stay.

1 hour ago, Choclab said:

My 22 spec Sportline has had the umbrella deleted

My 23 MY SportLine has an umbrella, it’s in a compartment on the front of the passenger seat 🤔

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Choclab said:

Looks like someone borrowed it, before I bought the car! Another trip to the dealer 😀

Mine was in the boot along with; a lidded insert that acts as a bin for the door pocket; the nets for the boot; the Velcro backed retainers that attach to the boot floor; four foot-well mats.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Choclab said:

Looks like someone borrowed it, before I bought the car! Another trip to the dealer 😀

Same happened to me.  No problem with the dealer he gave me another.   But check the replacement fits.  Mine was the 'standard' Skoda umbrella carried by dealers, it did not fit in the underseat storage.  

I just left it, life's too short for chasing umbrellas.

tom

No umbrella in our 2020 Sportline when we bought it used. Dealer said he’d replace it before we took the car, which he did, but sadly the replacement was a little too big to sit in the cubby hole under the seat. It lives in the door pocket instead

Edited by BTandSid

On 25/01/2024 at 08:27, Kenny R said:

As per my reply above you can have the speed sign displayed on the map screen. It is done purely by sat nav position and not by the optional traffic sign camera and works well.

Kenny R is of course right.  Tick the box to show traffic signs. The maps do not always have the correct speed lmit data, so it is not 100% reliable, but the car changes its display promptly after a change of speed limit.