BAKER21's SUPERB ON 19" ASA AR1's WITH TINTS!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One lesson Ive learnt, I colour coded the bump strips on the Octy & when I had a slight indiscretion with a parking bollard the bump strip still took most of the damage although obviously it was back to black in places, without it I would probably be lookin at a much bigger repair bill, as it is a sticker will do for the time being so the bump strips do still have a purpose.

That is one lesson to learn mate but with most things that you modify you have to take it on the chin if it goes wrong, if I did smooth the bump strips then I would be as careful as I am now but the amount of money I have spent so far I may not do anything to the bumpers, unless the lottery gives me some money!?!?

What was the offset on the new rims?? Even without the spacers on, it still looks wider at the back. I know you've ot 9.5j on the back but still wider stance than I'd expect.

The offset on these rims are ET35 I believe mate, at least that's what the website says? They are clearer a wider rim so I guess that helps with the stance?

:cool: should we now address you as "The Don Baker" :D

Don Baker? I like that but I am sure that someone else on here has a better Superb, especially all these Edition 100's, LOL!!

Looks good, How long does it take to clean the wheels?

Funny you should mention that mate, they take ages and I am going to have to invest in a new toothbrush at this rate, LOL!!

Looks fantastic. Best wheels Ive seen in a while BUT they look like they dont fit with that tyre size on the back

That was the look I was going for mate, it's called the 'Stretched Tyre' look!! Most of the Belgium and German styled cars have rims similar to this with the tyres as I have them, I like it but it's not to everyone's taste?

Funny you should mention that mate, they take ages and I am going to have to invest in a new toothbrush at this rate, LOL!!

it must be a bugger having to rinse the brush out every night to do your teeth:rofl: nice looking car Baker21 :thumbup:

it must be a bugger having to rinse the brush out every night to do your teeth:rofl: nice looking car Baker21 :thumbup:

LOL!!! You should see my teeth after I have cleaned the wheels!!!!

Thanks for the praise mate!!!

Thats fantastic :thumbup: The wheels look great and really complement the aggressively low stance

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

I am taking the car back to my mechanic on Monday to get the front lowered a little more as I am not happy with the stance at the moment.

I also have a new front sump guard to fit and a new OEM front spoiler that I picked up from the dealers yesterday!! Watch this space!!

Finally got that spoiler? How much was it in the end? and a part number? Cant wait to see a photo.

Yeah I have it on the landing now, it's not what I expected and it won't make much of a visual difference but for £6.50 all in from the dealer then what do you expect?

I will post up pics on Monday night and the part number if required?

You toook my advice and de-badged it and changed the repeaters?

Debaged and Vrs repeaters fitted. Scratched the paint when fitting the repeaters:eek:

Fluffy,

How much were the vRS repeaters, which model are they for? I was going to ask what were they like to fit, but your comment answers that question!

All the Best

Chris

Come on kids' date=' catch up, this mod is old news, LOL!!!

Should have given me a shout on the fitment Fluffy, I could have told you my experience of fitting them!!

The best way to fit these is to undo the torx screws in your wheel arch liner near the back of the front wings and then put your arm up inside the wheel arch liner behind the front wing and you can release the lamp from the back, simple!!!

Where's the pics then Fluffy??!?!?!?![/quote']

Oh well, need some scratches painting so I'll add that to the job. Pics to follow when I get chance. I want to do a few mods before posting any more pics. Got the rear de-badged and the repeaters done, probably spacers next then some more pics.

Man, that looks awesome. Nice mods and would think about the same myself once I actually get a Superb!!

Thanks mate, it's taken some time to get it looking like this but it was worth it.

Superb's are good motor's IMO, if you get one you won't be disappointed!!

Like it...clean & simple....but very ' date=' very smart....

in fact....STUNNING :thumbup:[/quote']

Cheers buddy!!

Maybe you should get one of your taxi's to look like this one to attract the punters!?!?!

Cheers buddy!!

Maybe you should get one of your taxi's to look like this one to attract the punters!?!?!

lol...check my other thread....

not O.T.T. enough here for me bro....

got to really stand out....as i said in other thread :eek: ;)

but its your own private car....so yes BIG THUMBS UP ..classy..look...i,m after brassy look :rofl: