Ouch - Poor Octavia RS Part2

tobmob

Manny

Ouch is right!! To be serious tho for a moment , I hope this car isnt rebuilt and sold , it looks way to far gone for that , but as the salvage firm has sold it someone must have plans for it. Personally I think its time to have all these cars scrapped and not allow them to be rebuilt as who knows what stresses the shell has went thru in the accident?...and would you feel happy to have an accident in a car that has already been in a 'big one'? Back to the poor 'tavia , it looks like it has 16s on it , yet by the sweep of the wipers and the part of the astra's no plate i can see it looks to be a UK RHD car....she must be an early one...but i think its time she was laid to rest! :(

Duncan,

From the other pics I have seen, looks like it needs.

2x Inner Wings

2x Wings

1x Bonnet and slam panel

1x Bumper and lights.

Dash panel parts and 2x airbags

The steering etc looks ok, it looks odd the pics because the steering wheel is not facing forward. None of the windows are broken so I think the structure is sound.

My previous car but one had been in such an accident and rebuilt but not recorded, I think as long as the main structure is sound then it should be ok to repair.

Agewise it looks to me to be perhaps slightly older than ours, its defo a Y Reg as its the only part of the Reg I can makeout.

I think it hit a Squirrell......................................................................it was up the tree at the time :?

Seriously though I wouldn't be seen dead in it after that........... no pun intended.

..but considering the speed \ impact (ie something very solid that doesn't "give") and the impact damage to the bonnet \ front etc, it's really reassuring to see the windscreen pillars have not creased, the doors are all braced in place not pushed open, and basically the "passenger cell" is very much intact, it hasn't even "twisted" or "stressed" the passenger cell too much as all the windows seem intact.

It's faired very well, gives me a good feeling that (if the worst were to happen) I would come out of it!

Welcome to Briskoda, Steve. :D

If I read your comments correctly, you have bought the car in that state rather than done that to it. If its the latter, when are you due out of hospital and would side airbags have helped? Do you need therapy? Have you negotiated with Briskoda management for all the web space you are going to need for the photos we eagerly await? (Only joking!)

PS Are you sure that the bullet holes in the rear of the ex-police one weren't those stick on transfers you can get?

a1topdog

Welcome to Briskoda! You have a job on your hands there! Are you doing the work to the car yourself? Does that pic make it look worse than it actually is?..ie has the front end 'sacrificed itself' to save the rest of the car? Will look forward to seeing your pics of the car as the rebuild happens , from wreck to minter!

Hi everyone , this is my first posting to this site , and guess what - this car or whats left of it is mine!!!!

This car is going to be repaired for my use. Believe it or not the damage really isn't that bad.

Its an early model with 16" wheels and no sunroof.

I intend to take pictures during the repair which hopefully you will find of interest.

The toss up was between this one and an ex-police one with what looked like bullet holes in the rear hatch. I didn't take the latter in case the same villans mistook me for the police and had another go with the gun!![/quote:12dbabaabd]

I've got a mint set of 17" RS alloys if you're interested

One day I will get rid of them............ :?

• Administrators

Any pic's of the tree?

Just goes to show how amazing this world is, take somthing we think of as fairly solid and safe, throw it at mother nature she just evades and laughs.

Good luck with the rebuild, like you say with the right car at the right price this is an okay way of getting what you want. I knowa few folk who do it with elise's for racing only though.

• 5 months later...
I am having the car professionally repaired. It will of cource be jigged and all measurements checked. This is the one thing that is holding the project up because the repairer is waiting for the measurement / data charts to be supplied by the jig company.

Any news about this car?