Cane across my first Lotus EV today

Hmmm. I think that's going to be one for personal taste but I'm not keen tbh.

It's shiny though. No getting away from that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wyx087 said:

That's a....... flashy colour.

There is a much better saloon coming soon: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-US/emeya

And a hypercar in the works: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-US/evija

All BEV of course.

Bloody hell 😳 

186mph in under ten seconds is crazy quick. That's top fuel drag car territory. It'll probably do it only once or twice per charge but still. 

Screenshot_20240316-233959.thumb.png.34503c60df0c39e00c3c6b2821c69432.png

Edited by @Lee

"* Target Figures - The vehicle specifications detailed on this page are target specifications based on simulations. "

Amazing if they can achieve it. It's got dedicated motor for each wheel.

I was searching for a slightly cheating fast accelerating EV that has a fan creating vacuum under the car for more traction....

Came across this: https://www.gridserve.com/2024/02/12/the-fastest-accelerating-electric-cars-in-2023-to-get-the-pulse-racing/

The fastest trim of the pictured fat blob can do 0-60 in under 3 seconds.

• Like 1

And those black wheels look awful and very small at the back compared to the body above.

It may be an optical illusion but even so...   Meh

It should be called a Rotus… What really ****es me off is these “ludicrous” acceleration figures not attracting widespread mejia criticism. If it was an ICE car capable of those sort of figures there would be protests in the street calling for it to be banned but just because it is a ****ing EV it’s OK, downright hypocrisy.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I just wish that lots of the drivers of these big fat EV lumps could even do the speed limit on lovely driving roads and stay on their own side of the white line and let others get passed them if they can not.

They are not going fast, just apparently holding up those that want to just get on & could as the road is safe to do the limit which is likely 60 mph.   Maybe they are more bothered watching the efficiency / range they can get.

It is not often you see the drivers of EV,s even getting away from junctions or roundabouts that quick.

Maybe more bothered about the tyres and grip, or is it the cost of replacing them. 

Plenty damn fast motorbikes out and about and maybe even ridden by those that might have fast cars, even EV,s.

Maybe they drive better than they can ride. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...