Dipped headlight adjustment

mjp99

First impressions are success, but the 'tweaks' were very much 'experimental' and probably overdone, and more tweaking is necessary. Hopefully no more flashing!

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 16:31, mjp99 said:

Thanks so far to all who have helped. I have had a 'tweak' on the headlights and I will see if the adjustment remains as set. I am confused in the manuals as to whether the 'automatic levelling' will reset to its original setting! Hopefully I won't get 'flashed' so much now.

I'm reasonably sure that the automatic levelling system will operate from the basepoint set on the manual adjustment knobs - so your new manual settings should stay the same.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did my 2019 Karoq with self levelling LED lights back in 2019 as they were too low.  The tip I learned is that you need to turn the engine off and leave the lights ON (not Auto) and have the bonnet open . You then need to lock the car and wait 2-3 minutes for teh systems to shut down.  You can then adjust the height using the allen key.  I moved mine up quite a lot as they were dangerously low but "within the lower limit for an MOT.  I moved tehm up to what I worked out to be closer to the upper limit for the MOT and it has since passed 2x MOT's with no issue and I have a set of lights that are actually usable.  I also gtet no flashing from oncoming traffic. 

The key is to allow the adjusters to disengage by doing the process above so they are not fighting the manual adjustment.

I got all of that from a Golf forum and youtube video way back when.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by smipx