Octavia VRS Virtual Speedo numbering

Does anyone else have a '22 plate Octy VRS estate where the virtual speedo numbering goes 120, 140, 180 !! The spacing between the figures is linear, and according to a Skoda dealer, the numbering is correct. Is this the case? TIA.

@TheUltraRunnerit's not that it's an issue, just one of those things that's been noticed and doesn't make sense, to me anyway. Your KMH display looks even stranger with differences ranging from 20 Kmh to 50 Kmh. Surely speedo's are normally linear with the indicated speeds equidistant? You live and learn!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canders said:

@TheUltraRunnerit's not that it's an issue, just one of those things that's been noticed and doesn't make sense, to me anyway. Your KMH display looks even stranger with differences ranging from 20 Kmh to 50 Kmh. Surely speedo's are normally linear with the indicated speeds equidistant? You live and learn!!

Yeah, physical speedos are normally linear since (I guess) it's not that easy to make it move in different increments? But on digital speedos I guess anything is possible.

@TheWandererI have VCDS, but as you say, more hassle than it's worth. It was just an observation, having not noticed it before.

1 minute ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Yeah, physical speedos are normally linear since (I guess) it's not that easy to make it move in different increments? But on digital speedos I guess anything is possible.

VCDS could do it, as mentioned above, but i'll leave alone, 

• Like 1

VAG Speedos haven't been linear for years. Every VAG i've had since a 2001 Polo GTi (followed by 2xMk1 Fabia vRSs, a Superb II, a Citigo, a Mk3 Fabia and this Mk4 Octy) They've all been physical dials previously and have usually change at the 80mph or 100mph mark though.

The only image I have to hand is from the Superb I’ve just got rid of for the Octy…….

IMG_3196.jpeg

Edited by WaveyDavey
Image added
  • Like 1