Help can these cars ever work correctly

Basically 5 days in to owning a 21 reg vrs tdi.

Great car but so far iv had sos, dpf, hill hold warnings.

Also the infotainment system gets stuck loading settings.

I love the car but have never had issues with a vag car before.

We need to fit a towbar to it so I don't want to invest in the car if I'm going to have constant problems.

So can they potentially work well once updated.

It's on 1896 software.

I'm just thinking if it needs rejecting or stick with it.

Hi, I also have a 2021 car and hated all the glitches.

Been on 1941 for a long while and all runs well. Had the SOS unit changed due to pop pop error on it prior to updating to 1941.

As for DPF, you might just need to run some good quality fuel and to do a regen.

Let the dealer have a go at getting it right, if you still have issues then go for rejection.

If you bought it as an official used SKoda then the dealer should have updated the software to 1941 (or the newer version).  Mine had not and I had to insist that they updated it as per Skoda's web site.

If you bought it elsewhere I suggest you get it updated to the latest software either at a dealer or following instructions on this site.

It's been bought from a dealer, but its 225 miles away so I'm just waiting for their response.

I didn't realise the software issues until I googled it.

If they can he sorted il stick with it.

Read the infotainment system restarting thread. You can update the software to 1941 yourself, easily. Read page 26 of the thread and pm me if you want the file

If you are getting the SOS issue and Pop Pop noise then likely you will need to get the Telematics module's firmware updated, just updating the Infotainment software in isolation will not be the fix for that.  Hopefully, you should be able to get a local Skoda dealer to sort it but once that is done and updated to Infotainment software version 1941 or the even more recently issued version 1969, the issues will very likely be completely fixed.  There is a Skoda-issued TPI concerning the SOS unit that has been discussed on this forum (I have posted about it and uploaded a PDF of the document somewhere on one of the threads) which you might be able to fall back on.  The selling dealer should also be able to arrange things with a local Skoda dealership as they should have updated the software before selling it (seems like they often "forget" this step, certainly did on mine) OR possibly the car is still under the manufacturer's original 3-year warranty which you could utilise?

Ha ha , 4 yrs and still f-d , i rejected 2 yrs ago after a year of misinfo , failed updates , paying full price to beta test. I went with at the time 2 yrs ago with what i could get and want just enough. I went for an Hyundai Tucson N line S hybrid. It never fails to load the screen , it never calls SOS , it doesnt autobrake for no reason. POP POP !!! 

dont except it they have had 4 yrs to rectify. If you bought a telly and it started pop poping or freezing Currys would have it back same day

10 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Ha ha , 4 yrs and still f-d , i rejected 2 yrs ago after a year of misinfo , failed updates , paying full price to beta test. I went with at the time 2 yrs ago with what i could get and want just enough. I went for an Hyundai Tucson N line S hybrid. It never fails to load the screen , it never calls SOS , it doesnt autobrake for no reason. POP POP !!! 

dont except it they have had 4 yrs to rectify. If you bought a telly and it started pop poping or freezing Currys would have it back same day

Cannot argue that Skoda / VAG initially released shoddy software which they then took an inordinate amount of time to fix.  I was fortunate that I bought my 2021 Octavia in October 2023 so, after applying software updates, it has been rock solid - had I experienced the grief that early purchasers endured I would have been very frustrated.  The software has been good for quite a while now, especially since infotainment software version 1941, however, there are going to be cars still out there that need the updates to get them to that point.  These forum groups are an invaluable resource for car owners.

Edited by spcdust
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spcdust said:

Cannot argue that Skoda / VAG initially released shoddy software which they then took an inordinate amount of time to fix.  I was fortunate that I bought my 2021 Octavia in October 2023 so, after applying software updates, it has been rock solid - had I experienced the grief that early purchasers endured I would have been very frustrated.  The software has been good for quite a while now, especially since infotainment software version 1941, however, there are going to be cars still out there that need the updates to get them to that point.  These forum groups are an invaluable resource for car owners.

Totally agree. I was one of the early purchasers and experienced many a frustration as @Greezy56 may recall.

And yes, very pleased with my car now - a great blend of space, comfort and economy.

• Like 1

Mine is a 23 plate Octavia, it’s been in for the software update but still I have the occasional issue with the system shutting down.

As well as that I get random issues all the time, suddenly the voice control will kick in and ask me to repeat myself even though I’ve been sat in silence the whole time. The volume control doesn’t always work or it turns the stereo up by itself. I don’t like having the audible announcements turned on in the sat nav when I use it so I turn them off, but it still shouts out its orders from time to time. The boot will occasionally open by itself also. Oh and every now and then it will find neutral when I am trying to pull away. 

Honestly I would not recommend anyone spend their own money on one of these cars, it seems to be pot luck as to whether or not you’ll get a good one. 

Got mine brand new October last year and it's been flawless.  None of the issues anyone else has reported.