Shell V-Power to replace Optimax...

Neily03

This was posted on another forum, they guy says he works for shell;

Shell Optimax is to be replace be V-Power very soon. The UK version of V-Power will be 99ron and not 100ron which is seen in other countries. All Shell Retailers have been invited to a launch day at the end of the month.

Shell are in the process of running down stocks of Optimax to a level where V-Power can be mixed.

I'm not sure when the official name change will be, but it will be a lengthy process to change all signage on sites, update all IT equipment and the Optimax signage on tankers will need to be removed or replaced. It will probably remain similarly priced to Optimax.

Shell also plan to release V-Power Diesel in the UK, its a high performance diesel and the same which was used by Audi at Le-Mans.

You'd be amazed how prices get increased by the backdoor ;)

My car didn't seem to mind the VPower Diesel, shame the price in the UK isn't at the same level as in NL as it was a great deal cheaper (VPower price in NL = regular derv price in UK)

Noooooooooo!

I've just finished tuning the crap out of the car for Optimax.

Ran mine on V-Power in Italy a couple of weeks ago :) :) :) :) :) is all I can say, I cant believe it was just the extra 1 Octane that made all the difference, possibly the self learning bit of the car had benefited from a thousand miles of thrashing though

Stuart

More info;

Received some more info today,

August 23rd is the launch date for V-Power, whether that means sites will start receiving V-Power or thats when signage is started to be replaced on sites but most sites will probably receive there first delivery of V-Power before Aug 23rd. It appears some sites may already have V-Power. Where I work we have not had an Optimax delivery for a while where before we were receiving at least one a week. This would suggest that most of the Optilmax left is on sites and V-Power is ready to be delivered to sites.

If you have a Optimax Club PlusPoints card, this will be replaced to a V-Power PlusPoints card but if your a low user of Optimax you may only receive a normal PlusPoints card. The Optimax Club card is not valid after 30th September.

An information pack should be arriving a site next week, so will post more details then or before if I get more info. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update;

The information packs have now arrived and it says,

V-Power is designed to provide higher levels of performance and responsiveness.

V-Power is 99 RON

Uses Friction Modification Technology - the same used by Ferrari F1

Increased levels of detergents for even cleaner engines.

It is not a simply name change, V-Power has been developed to provide higher levels of performance and enhancements in responsiveness to give drivers a better driving experience. Shell works closely with Ferrari F1 to create better fuels for the road.

Over the next few weeks, V-Power key-rings will be delivered to site to give to every customer buying V-Power.

Sites should received a promo pack with posters etc, for site staff to install. Contractors will visit sites over the next 4 weeks to install bigger adverts like banners and pole sign inserts.

More;

This launch just relates to the replacement to Optimax.

As far as I know V-Power Diesel will be releases at some point in the future. To sort of confirm this, all sites getting new pumps are getting pumps with 4 nozzles at each pump, Unleaded, V-Power, Diesel and V-Power Diesel at every pump. At the moment these pumps are set to Unleaded, V-Power and 2 diesel nozzles.

I just wondered what sort of names all the fuel companies would come up with when they launched future 'improved' products. With names like 'Optimax' and 'Ultimate', it would be difficult to conjure up something that sounded better :rolleyes: ! Votes for what the 'V' stands for?!

Hi to All

Well I tried V-Power in the MR2 today. The car never ran well on optimax, but I thought give it a chance. Very impressive is all I can say. The car is usually run on Tesco 99 as it seems to like this best of the available SULs about. The V-Power makes an immediate and noticable difference in the MR2. So much so that the missus commented that the car felt faster after the fill up.

Dont know how it will go in other cars, but well worth it in the MR2.

Chris

I'll be trying to V-Power Diesel when it arrives near me. Again, fingers crossed for static prices :thumbup:

Wonder if I should wait a while after the first batches arrives - wait for all the Diesel Extra to be flushed through the pumps :D

Steve

I'll be trying to V-Power Diesel when it arrives near me. Again' date=' fingers crossed for static prices :thumbup:

Wonder if I should wait a while after the first batches arrives - wait for all the Diesel Extra to be flushed through the pumps :D

Steve[/quote']

I will be looking forward to trying the diesel myself. Not seen it yet.

Chris