bmw 120d or fab vrs

DavidIF

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say vrs, bmw1 just dont do it for me!

I see loads of them and no doubt they are nice but just makes me think that they couldnt afford a 3 series lol

get the vrs, great value for the cash!, and even if you add remap (500) leather seats (800ish) and suspension and rear arb, it will still work out 8k cheaper than the poxy 1 series and in my opinion look, handle, and drive better and faster!

(sayin that i cant afford a 1 series lol but just hate bmw's and the drivers)

i have a 120d company car and i am thinking about opting out of the company car scheme and i am thinking about replacing it with a vrs. the bm has 163 bhp although doesnt really feel that fast although is very smooth.i have tested a vrs and was impressed it felt stronger low down in the rev range than the bm .has anybody else made the comparison between the 2 cars and if so i would be interested in any opinions

Hi I had a good luck at the Bm and when I specced upto the level of my Fabia (leather electric sunroof) the price was well over

I see loads of them and no doubt they are nice but just makes me think that they couldnt afford a 3 series lol

get the vrs, great value for the cash!, and even if you add remap (500) leather seats (800ish) and suspension and rear arb, it will still work out 8k cheaper than the poxy 1 series and in my opinion look, handle, and drive better and faster!

so you think less of people in a 1 series because they "couldn't afford a 3 series" yet you couldn't even afford the 1 series...:confused:

why exactly do you hate bmw's and the drivers? cos let's face it, an asshole is an asshole regardless of what car they're driving.

and you shouldn't need to add a rear arb, uprated suspension etc etc to the make the sportiest derivative a halfway decent handling car...:rolleyes:

so you think less of people in a 1 series because they "couldn't afford a 3 series" yet you couldn't even afford the 1 series...:confused:

TBH I think the vast majority of people on here (following the 'what do you do for a living' thread) could afford to venture quite a long way into the 3-series range but don't really want to.

BMW owners are (rightly or wrongly) presumed to be image over all else, thereby implying that they get the best one they can afford. I'm not sure Skoda's could be said to be so pretentious - unless you're AdamC's bank manager?

TBH I think the vast majority of people on here (following the 'what do you do for a living' thread) could afford to venture quite a long way into the 3-series range but don't really want to.

BMW owners are (rightly or wrongly) presumed to be image over all else, thereby implying that they get the best one they can afford. I'm not sure Skoda's could be said to be so pretentious - unless you're AdamC's bank manager?

i wasn't generalizing, he stated plain and simple that he can't afford a 1 series.

and as for the pretentious not driving a skoda...you're kidding, right?

OOOOOOOOOO Get Her!

This thread is simply down to, would you pay 10-12k more to own 120d?

For me if the difference was £5k then certainly I would, it is a better car and Rear wheel drive which is the Holy Grail for me at least.

I would personally go for the Compact, which was more practical all round, better looking more space in the back and was just as much fun to drive.

But still costs double the price of the Fabia new, no contest.

pretty it up all you like, you were still too tight to buy the better car :P :thumbup:

I finally bit the bullet and did a deal on a 330d in exchange for my skoda today. In all honesty the BMW was just a joy to drive, made me feel special. I hate the image that goes with them but you know what once your inside looking at carbon and black leather...you kinda forget that

David-just been on the Fifth gear website and read one of the reports judging vrs to a BM. Now I know that the BM in this report is not the one you are after but how's this for a glowing report on the vRS

I have had my brand new Fabia VRS now for a week,I needed something small and frugal for work which had to be fun, mine is silver with cruise control and a skoda dealer fitted chip upgrade from new which takes power up to 165bhp. My last car was a bmw 540 with all the bells and whistles but this car would leave it for dead on all but standing starts. I have just driven 200 miles and got 56.4 to the gallon this was a mixture of slow and quick driving with my family on board and a full boot. I have got over the badge sickness and feel I am driving one of motorings best kept secrets. Before my 540 I had an E46 M3 which I liked but it wasn't as much fun as this skoda and cost 4 times as much to run. Point to point the M3 would not get away from my new car.

Skoda Fabia road test, specification - Fifth Gear

David-just been on the Fifth gear website and read one of the reports judging vrs to a BM. Now I know that the BM in this report is not the one you are after but how's this for a glowing report on the vRS

I have had my brand new Fabia VRS now for a week,I needed something small and frugal for work which had to be fun, mine is silver with cruise control and a skoda dealer fitted chip upgrade from new which takes power up to 165bhp. My last car was a bmw 540 with all the bells and whistles but this car would leave it for dead on all but standing starts. I have just driven 200 miles and got 56.4 to the gallon this was a mixture of slow and quick driving with my family on board and a full boot. I have got over the badge sickness and feel I am driving one of motorings best kept secrets. Before my 540 I had an E46 M3 which I liked but it wasn't as much fun as this skoda and cost 4 times as much to run. Point to point the M3 would not get away from my new car.

Skoda Fabia road test, specification - Fifth Gear

shows the guy doesn't know how to drive an m3 then

shows the guy doesn't know how to drive an m3 then

So he doesn't know how to drive an M3 but it all comes natural to him in a VRS:confused: :confused:

i'd buy the VRS if given the choice. would be a nice deposit for a house 10k would!

I'm sure the BMW is a nice car, people like he VRS as they are looking for cheap, fast , frugal hatchback with 4 doors and a good finish. Nothing more.

I love variety in life, everyone has their choice and reasons for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamC

so you think less of people in a 1 series because they "couldn't afford a 3 series" yet you couldn't even afford the 1 series...

why exactly do you hate bmw's and the drivers? cos let's face it, an asshole is an asshole regardless of what car they're driving.

and you shouldn't need to add a rear arb, uprated suspension etc etc to the make the sportiest derivative a halfway decent handling car...

oh get over yourself was just putting my point across!

So he doesn't know how to drive an M3 but it all comes natural to him in a VRS:confused: :confused:

i'd buy the VRS if given the choice. would be a nice deposit for a house 10k would!

I'm sure the BMW is a nice car, people like he VRS as they are looking for cheap, fast , frugal hatchback with 4 doors and a good finish. Nothing more.

I love variety in life, everyone has their choice and reasons for it.

well I have a few cars and a tuned vRS is one, I like it but there is no way it could keep up with a e36 m3, I have a tuned calibra turbo that just about keeps up with an m3 and it is hugely faster than my fabia, so the only way someboday would think that there vrs is as good point to point an an m3 is if he is not using the full potential of his m3

Its your own money - get the vRS !!!!!!

BMW have become too popular for their own good over the last 10 - 15 years; they used to be 'the ultimate driving machine' and were owned by ENTHUSIASTS. Now they are owned buy the millenium equivalent of yuppies! (Ok I'm know I'm being a bit severe and apologies to any BMW owners here BUT the generality of my comment still holds).

Now the vRS - that is a car for (mostly) the enthusiast as proven by all those Briskodians who own one.

Would I buy a Golf GTi or an Octavia vRS? - NO! The Golf is too expensive for what it is and TOO popular.

fabia vRS for enthusiasts?? i don't think i have ever seena fabia vRS other than at a meet driven by someone either under 60 or male. from what i have seen when driving around they are driven by women and old people that want to feel young again but don't to waste all their pension. don't take that as a sladerous statement but from what i have actually seen around oxford and anywhere else i have been tbh.

surely the golf gti and octavia vRS is more of an enthusiasts car as they are petrol so make the right noises, the rights feelings and drive like real cars rather than a tight budget on wheels.