Limited Edition vRS

Shifty

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Dave did you order one in the end? what with the sale of the Oct'y, or are you still running round in your Fabia.

Hiya. No I haven't ordered one as dealer wont take either of mine in PX. Besides, I thought about it, and decided against as work is under way with my Fabia now :thumbup:

Octavia is in Auto trader, and quite frankly - good riddance. :D

i am still waiting for mine, one has arrived last week, but still no word on when the other 9 are arriving.

all 10 are sold at the dumfries dealership!

Mine's one of those 10, but still no word from John to pop in and have a look at a car in the metal. Might have a look in other dealers on my travels and see if I can finally bare to part company with my Clio 172 Cup which I took to a final trackday a week ago. (It was like a honeymoon...ride it hard, rest then have another go).

Anyone got any experience between the two cars?

Got a phone call from my dealer (Barkers in Hull) this morning. Mine has just been delivered. Went to stroke it and say hello ;)

It's very nice !!!

Only down side, being the sad git that I am I wanted a specific number, I was under the impression we could order it, and if it was available we could have it. I got 393, but I wanted 999, coz I'm a Paramedic, told you I was a sad git:rofl:

I didn't even git the chance to have something else if 999 wasn't available, I was given that one, and 393 means nothing to me at all, there are other numbers I would have had.

It just needs to be registered, and PDI'd and it's MINE:thumbup:

Did get a good plate though..... JD (my initials) 07 FAB.

I would insert an image if I knew how to. Just tried to change my Avatar as well and it won't let me :confused:

John

Barkers are fairly 5h!t IMO. They'll only do the bare minimum and wouldn't do the extra work to get the number you wanted.

i picked mine up last sat (21st), no 206, had to quite deep scratches on the bonnet and a dint in the passenger rear door when i picked it up, just waiting on the dealers to get their *** in to gear....

Am I reading this correctly ???? - I presume by saying you waiting for the dealer to get their **** into gear, you mean replace it with a new one or fix it and give you a substantial discount.

Picking mine up tomorrow, just been to have another look at it:rolleyes:

Just had a small cash drop I wasn't expecting, but I'm not complaining about. I intend to use it to purchase a Pioneer HD1BT sat-nav. Have seen you can get a VW shark fin aerial with FM radio AND GPS integrated into it.

I do like the shark fins.... anyone know how to fit them, is it a case of a new wire between aerial and headunit. Or do I just plug the fin into the existing wire that's already there for the whip.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

cheers

John

Picking mine up tomorrow, just been to have another look at it:rolleyes:

Just had a small cash drop I wasn't expecting, but I'm not complaining about. I intend to use it to purchase a Pioneer HD1BT sat-nav. Have seen you can get a VW shark fin aerial with FM radio AND GPS integrated into it.

I do like the shark fins.... anyone know how to fit them, is it a case of a new wire between aerial and headunit. Or do I just plug the fin into the existing wire that's already there for the whip.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

cheers

John

Have a look at this -

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/general-car-chat/oem-sharkfin-antenna/66397/?highlight=shark+fin

Hi all,

I,ve not posted for a while,but have been reading with interest everyone's frustration over the delivery of the special editions.Ordered mine in Febuary and at last it turned up today.

I was second on the list.Pick it up tomorrow,#496.

Got a nice suprise today, was expecting to pick her up tomorrow, but got a phone call to say it was ready at 1500 today, and when would I be down to pick it up. NOW I said, went round and she is sat on my drive as we speak. And how lovely she looks in the moonlight!!!:D

Took it's time but worth waiting for.

Any one know someone who could fit this for me please? (local)(ish) (cheap)AVIC-HD1BT Pioneer Navigation - GPS system - Navigation also got the shark find FM/GPS antenna to fit.

Heres hoping !!!!

John

it probably depends whether the dealer feels the scratches are the fault / responsibility of

a) them

B) the transporting compnay

c) Skoda UK

as to how much they feel they have to make up to you.

Picked up the SE today,I can now see why you lot on 'ere are so fond of the Vrs.What a fantastic machine.I,ve had a couple of 16v 100bhp furbys but there is just no comparison.If I keep on looking out of the window with this stupid grin on my face the neighbours are gonna complain.The best bit so far is the kick between 3rd & 4th.Oh yes I'm hooked.

Well I've had enough.

My dealer still hasn't had a single car yet. Order was placed in febuary and I was 4th on the list.

Can't see it coming any time soon so cancelled the order. Went to the suzuki garage, will have a car by before the end of next week.

Not sure weather Skoda UK or the local dealer are to blame but I'm not happy about the whole farse.