Got some Toyo Proxes T1 R's

Well, I know they are just round rubber things, but I felt I had to tell you all about these babies. Now, I tend to use alot of tyres for some reason, so I've been through a few makes etc. I've just come off semi slicks for the winter, and whatever I follow with, i'm usually left a bit disappointed with after the ability of the slicks.

Well, I'm now running a full set of 235 (yes - 235)/40/18 Toyo Proxes T1 R tyres. OMFG!!

Not easily pleased me, but fook, grip in the wet is nothing less than magic. Wheelspin from a start in the wet is minimal. Cornering grip is abnormal, feels like it's dry. Aquaplaning resistance is excellent, except the width of the tyre tends to be unhelpful through deeper water - but esp sorts that :). Braking is amazing too. I can't tell you how much enjoyment these tyres provide.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Well, I know they are just round rubber things, but I felt I had to tell you all about these babies. Now, I tend to use alot of tyres for some reason, so I've been through a few makes etc. I've just come off semi slicks for the winter, and whatever I follow with, i'm usually left a bit disappointed with after the ability of the slicks.

Well, I'm now running a full set of 235 (yes - 235)/40/18 Toyo Proxes T1 R tyres. OMFG!!

Not easily pleased me, but fook, grip in the wet is nothing less than magic. Wheelspin from a start in the wet is minimal. Cornering grip is abnormal, feels like it's dry. Aquaplaning resistance is excellent, except the width of the tyre tends to be unhelpful through deeper water - but esp sorts that :). Braking is amazing too. I can't tell you how much enjoyment these tyres provide.

Make a note of how long they last for me..........I and most others would love to find a tyre that lasts well and holds the road

And they dont break the bank :D :D

i bought a set of these but with the size 195/50/15 for my furby from an ebay shop for £33 each. and i'm really impressed with them too!

i normally buy dunlop sp's or similar but i think i'll be getting these again

In your initial post you say for some reason that you use an awful lot of tyres. :D Any chance you could review some of them?

Conti Sport Contact 2's - Shredded in 6,000 miles

Toyo 888 - Bald in two weeks!

Goodyear F1's - Obliterated on an airfield

Have I missed any? ;):D

In your initial post you say for some reason that you use an awful lot of tyres. :D Any chance you could review some of them?

Sure - Ill do this here briefly, then whenget time, ill do a full review -

OEM Continental Sp 2's

Merely OK in the dry, average in the wet, and very poor in between. Traction initially is very poor, causing rapid wear on the fronts. Lateral grip good, causing the rears to wear in 10k!! No handbrake turns either etc, just brisk driving. Fronts were dead by 3k. :thumbdwn:

Dunlop 9000 Super sport "race" - Excellent in the dry, obviously not too good in the wet. Lasted 7k on the front. Traction so good, my engine mounts suffered. :thumbup:

Next were a full set of TOYO 888 semi slicks. Tremendous tyres in both dry and damp conditions, with phenomenal traction, and lateral grip. These lasted a drive to the Ring, 40 laps, and a drive back. :D:thumbup:

Next, thought i'd try some Goodyear Eagle F1 gsd 3's all round. Sidewalls are made of cheese. Wet gripo very good, thats all i have to say about them in a positive way. Destroyed them on a certain airfield - good riddance.

Next - another set of Toyo 888's all round. Yummy, as described earlier. Not clocked the mileage, but roughly 3k, as expected from soft compound tyres with hard use. awesome tyres indeed, but not for wet/cold conditions.

Now - Toyo proxes T1 R - OMFG, as above. Best non "race" tyre I have ever used in my life.

Noise levels and ecomnomy are not important to me, but grip is. Hence no comments on noise and mpg. Having said that, the T1 R's are much quieter than the Continentals.

Could have done with these at the Ring last weekend........I have Khumo something or other on the front........and when wet on saturday jeeeez it was slippery even without any provocation.............good on Sunday though when dry.

Lance

Sure - Ill do this here briefly, then whenget time, ill do a full review -

Thanks for that.:thumbup:

Sounds like you have an expensive rubber fetish.;)

I too am not a fan of the Contis but I am a little dismayed that the Goodyears fared so poorly as I have used them a lot in the past. :thumbdwn:

I may end up going the good allrounder route such as the Michelin PS2 as I think our requirements are slightly different.

Very interesting about the size increase though.

Thanks for that.:thumbup:

Sounds like you have an expensive rubber fetish.;)

I too am not a fan of the Contis but I am a little dismayed that the Goodyears fared so poorly as I have used them a lot in the past. :thumbdwn:

I may end up going the good allrounder route such as the Michelin PS2 as I think our requirements are slightly different.

Very interesting about the size increase though.

I wouldn't take just shifty's opinion on it ( no disrespect) but loads of people swear by F1's myself included. They grip well in the wet ( even more important than dry) wear well......shiftys didn't last because he....well abused them to the extreme on the airfield, the video evidence demonstrates that quite clearly;)

I Have Kumho 712's on and they are cominfg off to be replaced with F1's as soon a s possible, these tyres are CR4P, mediocre performance in the dry, terrible in the wet and tramline something awful...something which I have seen said on the net a few times about them

Hi,

Had my VRS Mk2 Octy since July, average mileage at 15K Miles. The factory fitted Continental lasted that much (impressive) to the detriment of any driving enjoyment and constant wheel spin.

Just bought the Goodyear GSD03 (Eagle F1) at