Done over 150k miles?

I am at 106,700 miles in my 2001 (Y) 110TDi at the moment, but it needs new shocks all round now!

Clutch replaced at about 74k (replaced as part of the purchase), and turbo changed around 80k. Not changed the exhaust yet.

my 2:0 elegance 51 plate has just done 74000 and clutch is on its way out

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

octavia finally gave up the ghost at 334120 miles. The turbo blew and locked the engine up, a recon turbo, new shells and rings and it is as good as new. On removing the head in order to see why it had seized there was no! play at all in the bores but as the head was off i decided that the rings might as well be done.Car is still running fine and has just passed its m.o.t with no problems, as i am a taxi driver i decided to replace it with a new octavia and hope that this one is as good as the last one.

Cool, I was looking to replace mine this year, as I thought it would give up the ghost. It's an 02 plate TDI 90 bhp and I've done 136k. It is getting it's cambelt done today so hopefully many more miles to come. So far had nothing done to it, but I will be doing bushes soon as the knocking when I pull off (ooer) is driving missus mad.

Neil

Ive got a 2002 octy classic. Done jst over 150k miles. its a bit of a slug with just 64bhp from 1.9 SDI.

Dunno why they put an engine with so little go about it in a car this size but anyway...

Bought it as a second car end of last year. I have a Fabia vRS SE and the miles were toting up, 10.6k since may last year and needed something to use as a dailydriver so that i could keep the fabia off the road during winter, keep the miles down etc

had a few niggles with it... like it refused to start on 2 occaisons when it had been a hard frost. so both times was off to garage to get sorted. found out it was some valve in the fuel pump that was causing it. there were air bubbles visable in the fuel line from the fuel filter.

Got it fully sorted, serviced and mot'd and its fine. Next thing to be eventually done will be the clutch.

My mum used to have a T reg octy tdi90 one of the first to come out and it done over 100k with little or no problems

If my 03 Octy 1.9Tdi does as well as it's predecessor, a 1.9Tdi Golf still going strong with zero major repairs @ 215k when I sold it, I'll be well chuffed :thumbup:

Currently only up to 47k though so a long way to go.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

And I've got 160K.1.9 Octavia SLX 1999 No major problems so far . Just had major front wheel wobble taken out by replacing the tie rod ends . Still making a loud front end noise which is like metal on metal which I think is due to the wheel bearings in need of replacement. Also needs cambelt change now.

So what to do ? trade in or have the work done and go for 200k ? Hmmmm:confused:

Its a great car as I travel 80miles a day to and from work.

• 4 weeks later...

I just traded in my "S" reg octy 1.9tdi GLX with 116000 on the clock for a "51" plate octy elegance estate with 152000 on the clock.There appears to be no usage inside at all and apart from the poss turbo problem (see thread) its fantastic.

The guy I originally bought the "S" reg from had bought a "Y" reg 2001 octy est with 225000 on the clock and it finally gave up the ghost on him at 375000, well actually it wasn`t worth the cost of the repair at the time so he bought another.

Guest Fabia 12v

We have a customer with a '05 Passat 3B 1.9TDI and his already at 131,000 in three years! We see him every 5K for an oil and filter change...

• 3 months later...

My 53 plate1.9 90bhp has 86k on it.... and my old R plate Seat Cordoba 1.9sdi has 122k on it. Skoda been fine since i got it, seat had clutch cable replaced after i got it, been ok since though, hopefully plenty life left in both for next few years.