Intermittent Wipe

Hi all,

Another question for you....my intermittent wipe function dosn't seem to work - just trying to find if this is a fault...

I assume the switch on top of the right stalk controls the speed of the wipe, but then I switch to intermittent wipe, it wipes once and never wipes again.

Any ideas on that, or is it possibly faulty?

Does it have rain sensing wipers?

Sounds like it does to me, when you push the stalk to intermittent it is in fact the auto wiper function, they sweep once and then stop if the screen is dry.

The rocker switch on the top changes the sensitivity.

My intermittent wipe is rubbish. On the maximum setting I can't see out the windscreen before it wipes. I drove a crappy fiesta with a better sensor. Something to take up with the stealer.

Tell me about it - they are cr4p - mind you i havent ever drove a car with decent auto wipers - Wish i had the intermittant option on my RS! :rolleyes:

Am I the only one that seems to get on with the auto wipers?

They aren't THAT bad and at worst all that is needed is a little tweak with the rocker switch from time to time.

I think the extra wipe can be deleted if need be, I'm sure I read it on here a while back.

My intermittent wipe is rubbish. On the maximum setting I can't see out the windscreen before it wipes.
If the sensor is fixed into the bottom of the mirror, and you alter the mirror angle to get a proper rear view, is it possible that the sensor is no longer pointing at the screen?

Yesterday with snow my auto wipers again were the wordt part of my car.

One wipe and then nothing for ever. For continuous wiping there was to little .

So despite my auto wipers I kept turning my wipers on and off manually. I hate it.

The thing leads it's own life. Sometimes it has to wipe much more frequent. But other times it goes bezerk. With a few drops on the windshield it goes in the highest speed :thumbdwn:

I really wished I had normal intermittent wipers :(

If the sensor is fixed into the bottom of the mirror, and you alter the mirror angle to get a proper rear view, is it possible that the sensor is no longer pointing at the screen?

Nope, the mirror moves independantly to the sensor which is stuck to the windscreen.

The sensor needs to be fixed to work properly

Yesterday with snow my auto wipers again were the wordt part of my car.

One wipe and then nothing for ever. For continuous wiping there was to little .

So despite my auto wipers I kept turning my wipers on and off manually. I hate it.

The thing leads it's own life. Sometimes it has to wipe much more frequent. But other times it goes bezerk. With a few drops on the windshield it goes in the highest speed :thumbdwn:

I really wished I had normal intermittent wipers :(

What setting do you have the top rocker switch (sensitivity) set to?

Are your wipers in good nick and do they smear much where they pass the sensor at the top?

Is the glass over the sensor clean with no smears over it?

Might also be worth checking to see if there is any condensation inside it, my wipers go mental on some cold mornings until the sensor module has warmed up, I think this is due to condensation.

Mine functions OK, but just very fine drizzle does not operate it straight the way until you get a wetness build up.

I have found that moving the sensitivity slider one position and back will give you a single wipe.

I agree that in drizzle they are a real pain. I have taken the pragmatic solution of using manual single wipe to overcome this.

In normal rain they are fine and when driving in spray they really come into their own as they speed up and clear the screen very quickly.

If it'a fine spray I usually leave the auto wipers off and use the single flick wipe every now and again.

In heavier mist they tend to behave themselves and they respond to the spray from a passing truck quite quickly.