MotorShow Live 2004 - NEC Birmingham.

MonkeyHanger

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like I'll be going on the 28th. Booked the day off today. Best not be too packed on friday. But I thought it'll be better then going in the school half term.

Is there a school holiday at that this time of the year?

Just got back,totally wrecked,even though it was fairly quiet!

Spent most of the time scoffing couisoints [?] and drinking coffee.on the stands.Bacon butties on the What Car stand too :P

Too much to see in a day really,but all the usual glitz hype and total nonsense talked by over enthusiastic false sales personnel.

Nearly nodded off having my back massaged by some electric cushion thingy. Fantastic..give it a go.

Skoda stand fairly plain but pleasant staff and all the cars were there. Don't need all the typical razmataz that is so prevelant on the BIG boys stands do they. Quite refreshing really.

Ugliest car of the show has to be a tie between the new pug 407 :eek: :eek: or the face lifted rover/mg range.....In my opinion that is!! That pug front is pure gross,but to listen to the 'actor' introducing it you'd think it was THE car of the 21st century.Ugg horrid :thumbdwn:in my opinion! You lot make your own minds up. Too much to talk about in here

Where have all the 'trade stands' gone. Hardly any there,compared to how the whole of the upper floor at Earls Court used to have. :thumbdwn: must be too expensive I suppose.

C.J.

Peeps...

NEC Layout.

I suggest you aim for the N (North) Car-Parks as this will avoid the need to use the shuttle bus and is only a short walk from the entrance.

Those who don't have my mobile number will get a PM shortly. I'll be there from 0930 for those of you who need to see me for tickets. Any further questions, feel free to ask :)

See you all on friday

NEC%20Layout.jpg

I did take the liberty of warning the Skoda stand that you were all coming :rolleyes: They looked scared.

Got my brochure through this morning and (sorry if it's aleady been mentioned) I notice a 150bhp FSI is able to order from December.

Geoff when I went yesterday I got no option of what car park to park in. I like all those coming off the M42 Southbound were put into the East Car Parks, I was in East 4, although later on in the day East 5 was being used. The shuttle buses aren't bad, you get on and they just go. Actually it only a 90 second journey at most. Last time I did it from the M42 South the West Car parks were used.

May I suggest that all of you take a copy of this map and make sure you know where you are going when you get into the NEC. Signposting off the motorways is good but very poor when you leave, and the police are putting you on alternative routes rather than the direct routes. Parking is steep at

Geoff - great day out, thanks for all your efforts in organisation.

Highlights of the day:

- The 1934 Auto Union Grand Prix car on the Audi stand

- Sitting in the Marcos TSO and chatting to the lovely blonde lady charged with showing it off today :P

- The Gibbs Aquada charging about on the lake

Of all the cars, the one I came closest to thinking about in real terms today was the Nissan 350Z - quite cheap really .... :rubchin:

Low lights (well you know what I mean):

- the live Action Arena show - what a load of old b*ll*cks

- the Vauxhall Insignia - like a nasty American cocktail cabinet on wheels

- the Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Kia, bla bla bla stands - yawwwwwwwnnnnn .... and all those bl**dy 4x4s - how dull are they!?

- snooty people like Ferrari etc, TVR (booo!) who won't let you in the cars (in the case of Ferrari/Maserati/RR, even onto the stand itself)

Strangest stand:

The Fouda (sp?) stand. Two fabulous GT cars, hand built etc. presented on a black stand, with no lighting, no public access, just two little desks with people sat writing on clipboards - why did they bother going?

Great fun! :D

- snooty people like Ferrari etc' date=' TVR (booo!) who won't let you in the cars (in the case of Ferrari/Maserati/RR, even onto the stand itself)

[/quote']

Nick they let you on all of the above stands on Wednesday. However it might have been a lot quieter.

Nick they let you on all of the above stands on Wednesday. However it might have been a lot quieter.

We got onto the TVR stand after queuing for a little while. Ferrari/Maserati etc. were obviously doing wallet assessment before lifting the ceremonial rope - maybe you went in a suit? :P

I don't think Ferrari were doing wallet assessment or even personality assessment juding by the amount of burberry queing for the stand. With RR you were taken round the car then shown the exit....

Went to the show on Thursday, generally dissappointed, I agree with the TV, not good value for money :(

Severe lack of freebies from the stands, the Ford stand was the only one who seemed to make an effort.

Although did go on a 4x4, went to VW, insisted on riding the V10 TDI, the driver was surprised at our insistance on the diesel. Very impressive, get the V10 into a Furby :thumbup:

Nice new Skoda, piccys don't do it justice.

Steve