New Fabia. Where is the VRS and high performance?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am not a happy bunny.

My Fabia vRS is a company car, and it's due for change in October 2007 at the end of its three year lease. I love it, and want another one.

But the old Fabia vRS has been discontinued, and there won't be a new vRS until well into next year.

So in October, I wont be able to buy a vRS.

Thanks a million Skoda!

And thanks for launching the Special Edition run out model too, in racing blue, with leather and all the other kit on it too, at no extra cost. They'll all be gone come October. You sure know how to kick a customer when he's down!

:mad:

yep, good find.

I have to say though that it looks like something my dog does on the lawn every night!:thumbdwn:

Yeah sure :rolleyes: The new VRS Fabia will have these looks. Behave.

It'll look nothing like this obvious mule. I remember seeing the very early pictures of the current vrs Fabia and it looked shocking.

If anyone thinks the new car will be very poor as some have suggested not only in this thread but in others, you're deluded.

Quote from this week's AutoExpress (reviewing Limited Edition vRS)

Although an all-new Fabia is due to go on sale in UK showrooms in May, the next vRS will not appear here until 2008. It's expected to be equipped with a pow*erful 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine.

the Rs wont be realeased until 2008 from what ive heard.

They've stopt production now but the fabia estate and saloon will continue until the end of the year with a limited edition fabia estate 'fit' to be made availble soon has a bit of the faiba rs body kit on it

went in to a skoda dealer the other day said the new fabia rs will have a s20000 body kit as an optional extra, availability and prices hadnt been released.

engine is supposidly to be 1.4 TFSI - 140 bhp same as GOLF GT

went in to a skoda dealer the other day said the new fabia rs will have a s20000 body kit as an optional extra, availability and prices hadnt been released.

engine is supposidly to be 1.4 TFSI - 140 bhp same as GOLF GT

Golf GT has the 170bhp version of the 1.4TSI, its the Sport that gets the 140 version.

Note, it's TSI (Turbo Supercharger Injection), not TFSI (Turbo Fuel stratified injection) as in the 2.0 in the GTI.

Reports I've read (evo and car magazine) suggested that the vRS will have a 1.4TSI and a 2.0 TDI both with the same output (just like the Golf GT).

Now you can currently get 140 and 170 bhp versions of both of these engines so who knows what version the Fabia will get.

Would be good if it was 170 but maybe that would step on the Golf GTs toes too much. Still, a 140 TDI will be plenty quick enough as standard;)

here's an interesting fact lads the 'f' on the czech number pates means the car has got a limiter and is on test went to mlada boleslav in febuary to skoda museeum and was told there as there was an octavia RS outside and he said there testing a new engine or something maybe a dsg gearbox

I hope there would be the option of a petrol for people who don't like the feel of the Diesel.

Me, I like burning 'heavy oil' so i can't wait for the TDi.

I think we can all agree that there will be a Diesel version, hopefully released first with the petrol to follow.

I hope Skoda do put a decent engine in the new one, they should keep the spirit of the original Diesel in there somewhere.