How rude!

pixi

I had a problem with one neighbour about parking. No spaces dirctly outside my house, means everyone suffles down a bit, or so I thought. When he passed his test, he wanted to park in the same space I had used for the previous 4 years with no hassle. I told him nicely to leave me alone and keep his dent ridden pile of rubbish away from my or any of the neighbours cars. So he parked behind me on day, so I couldn't go to work via car, had to walk. EVERY neighbour the next day had a right go at him for him being stupid about his parking. He actually denied ever parking there, despite me waving a photo in his face!

Oddly, he doesn't live around here anymore and is a little bit scared of us all when he comes home. Maybe something to do with the fact he's t*****.

one of our neighbours parks infront of my house all the time, regardless of space outside his flat (the street could be empty).

joke's on him though, since I'm compiling lists of all his ins and outs (we think he's trafficing people from china - seriously! or he's a pimp...), and we're building another drive :)

I had a letter once asking me not to park outside my own house as the bloke opposite couldn't get into his drive without going onto mine. The gutless wonder even got his wife to write, sign and deliver it LOL

The road is wide enough for me to back a hi-top transit onto my drive even with the old bloke over the road parking his Shogun on the road [he refuses to put a wheel on the kerb to make it easier].

Now I asked him why I should be inconvenienced because he's an inept driver and he didn't like that much. Ended up I parked on the guys drive because he blocked mine. All sorted itself out after that LOL. They are all auld biddies on the street and I don't think they like me owning a house there at my age LOL

It's a p1ss take on my road, theres never anywhere to park, but the most annoying thing is WE ALL HAVE GARAGES!!!! And I am the ONLY ONE WHO USES IT! My dad has to park on the street because mines in our garage, but next door both ways definately don't, and many other people on my road. It's ridiculous!! I normally bung mine out the front just as I get home as a cba putting it away straight away and I might need it, so I take great pleasure in parking outside next doors house!! :D

Also, next doors kids, who moved out, think its ok to park round the back overnight blocking my garage! :mad: how am I supposed to get to work?!?! so we go bang on the door and tell em to shift!

My mum used to work for the police and people would ring up sayng 'theres someone parked outside my house!' she be like 'and?...' lol

Usually gets the point across!:D

That might be bad news if the suspicions as to who had sent the letter were incorrect though. Just a thought Ooops!

Pixi will give us an update, I'm sure :) Maybe, Pixi, you've hosted a street party with bunting, loud music and dancing? (Well it is British Summer Time this weekend.)

:)

Mo

i own 4 cars and quite often have to park outside my nieghbours house

he put a letter on it to tell me i couldn't park there i put one in my car

explaining that as i pay my road tax i will park where i want. worked a treat

untill he saw me laughing at him when i beat him to his space one day

he went so red i thaught he was going to explode still won't speak too me face to face about it tho

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that on the early news today. The police spokesman said they didn't think there were any drug or gang connections. It defies belief that someone would burst in and shoot you just because they were cross with you. Struth! at every level. :shakehead

Mo

I'm probably not going to win any prizes with my neighbours now.....last night I went to bed just gone 11pm, at about 11.30 my car alarm started going off :o I looked out to make sure it was mine and that it was safe before going and getting my keys but it stopped after about 20-30 seconds.

It seems to be doing this randomly when the temperature has cooled down after a hot day :confused:

That isn't good :( Not sure if it would help cooling the car off a little before leaving it or something like that, so far I've luckily not had that problem though.

A different Fabia (1.4) from my neighbours had/has this problem occasionally - and they're deaf so they dont actually hear it go off :(

I'm probably not going to win any prizes with my neighbours now.....last night I went to bed just gone 11pm, at about 11.30 my car alarm started going off :o I looked out to make sure it was mine and that it was safe before going and getting my keys but it stopped after about 20-30 seconds.

It seems to be doing this randomly when the temperature has cooled down after a hot day :confused:

Do you do the "vents" thing though... Make sure the centre vents on the dash are closed before locking the car up and set the heater direction dial to vertical?

J.

Guest Fabia 12v

Ah, parking disputes... who wants to swap their road for mine in London, here we have residents permit zones, so we have to pay to park in our own road (thats if there is space), congestion charge to drive anywhere, bus lanes which make roads smaller which causes traffic, parking meters anywhere you want to park, rugby permit parking zones for match days at twickenham rugby ground and to top it all most people down my road have 2/3 cars per house... want to park outside your own house?!!!!

We ditched our front garden and had the council put a drop down in for us and turned it into a drive... guess what... when our cars were in drive people would park across it!!! So we were in effect trapped in our own house! It was only if we recognised the car we could go scream at them to move it.. which may I seems to be an inconviniance for people.. apparently we have 'no right have a front drive, as we have taken a parking space from the road!!!!!!!!!!!'

Ah, parking disputes... who wants to swap their road for mine in London, here we have residents permit zones, so we have to pay to park in our own road (thats if there is space), congestion charge to drive anywhere, bus lanes which make roads smaller which causes traffic, parking meters anywhere you want to park, rugby permit parking zones for match days at twickenham rugby ground and to top it all most people down my road have 2/3 cars per house... want to park outside your own house?!!!!

We ditched our front garden and had the council put a drop down in for us and turned it into a drive... guess what... when our cars were in drive people would park across it!!! So we were in effect trapped in our own house! It was only if we recognised the car we could go scream at them to move it.. which may I seems to be an inconviniance for people.. apparently we have 'no right have a front drive, as we have taken a parking space from the road!!!!!!!!!!!'

The law always used to be that you had to leave space to let people out from their drives, but not to let them back in (assuming it's a public road). I suggest you take the reg numbers (photos) and check it out with your local council.

Regards

Mo

Do you do the "vents" thing though... Make sure the centre vents on the dash are closed before locking the car up and set the heater direction dial to vertical?

J.

Thanks, I'll give that a go :thumbup: