Hayward & Scott exhaust

faboka vrs

Hayward and Scott are very big in the Scooby world and used to exclusively supply Scoobysport. Quality is very good and all their stainless steel exhausts are guaranteed for 25 years and we never had any issues with ours. Performance wise on the Scooby, we reckoned on about 30bhp, but will be different on the vRS, depending on how restrictive the stock one is :D

Chris

Yeah Scoobysport used to be the sole supplier but there were some disagreements and they now sell Janspeed. Hayward and Scott then opened up their workshop so you can get them to fit the exhaust too. :)

Just out of interest, how many cats do the TDI Fabia's have?

Chris

H&S have an excellent rep for exhausts :thumbup:

They can make you just about anything you want and as LOUD :D or as quiet :( as you like.

Be aware though that they are booked up well in advance - i'm in the middle of a 6 week wait to get my exhaust replaced after it got walloped by a taxi.

Hi John,

The response is excellent - it was the first mod I did and you could hear the turbo spooling up! Really noticed the difference after a remap as well.

Now of course adding various ABD trickery all you can hear is Darth Vader :D

I think H&S is the system that Jon (TaviaRS) had on his beast, ehich then found it's way onto Des's (Delcac) black beast, which now resides with Andre (Funkyjutel)! :rolleyes:

This is a great sounding system and the quality is first class. I have considered them, but am waiting for the prices on the Miltec first. :thumbup:

I think H&S is the system that Jon (TaviaRS) had on his beast' date=' ehich then found it's way onto Des's (Delcac) black beast, which now resides with Andre (Funkyjutel)! :rolleyes:

This is a great sounding system and the quality is first class. I have considered them, but am waiting for the prices on the Miltec first. :thumbup:[/quote']

Seems to be working it's way further north all the time.

All I can say is that Ian and the guys at H&S did a superb job on a full system on my Focus. I know it was expensive but the build quality is superb, and of course as they are basically hand built, the fitment is excellent. They did a complete sports manifold, sports cat and full system on mine about 2 years ago, and its still as good as it was the day they fitted it.

The only one downside I had was that the back box was heavier than the original so I needed to uprate the rubber hangers to powerflex versions.

Other than that it is a work of art that will easily outlast the lifetime of the car.

If you are going to do high miles in the car then I cannot recommend H&S enough. I have over 70k on the clock on the Focus and theres never been a problem with the exhaust system. It also flew throught the emissions testing on its first MOT.

I can't wait until I've saved enough money to go back to Ian @ H&S for the Octy vRS to be done.

Andy

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like they are reals pro's at their job. I'm also thinking about a milltec system, just waiting on the price. But with the reputation of H&S thinking this might be a nicer option. Really want to have the exhaust replaced before she gets Jabba'd or AmD'd.

H&S exhausts are excellent. Had a full decat one on mine, not loud or drony at a 80-90-100 cruise. Floor it and the sound was awesome. Loved going looking for tunnels. As for the 3 ft flames on track :D :D :D :D

Agree with my small handed friend though, when the standard cars are that good, why modify?

I haven't bought any KW3's. :confused:
I don't recall anyone mentioning money changing hands, Des. :rolleyes: Have you been taking lessons off Tony Blair? :eek:

I don't recall anyone mentioning money changing hands, Des. :rolleyes: Have you been taking lessons off Tony Blair? :eek:

Nope, just check again no KW's on the RS.

If only everything in life was as cheep as an unmodded RS.

The Modabstainer.