Twins 'a' coming what best?

Hey,

After the shock of seeing two when there should only have been one:eek:

I'm after a new/used motor to carry all the stuff around, any ideas peeps?

Was thinking vrs octavia, how much bigger is the estate?

Any ideas?

Phil

More congrats from me!

If you are talking MK 1 Octy, bear in mind that the hatch has support braces behind the rear seats that will restrict what you can fit in if you fold the seats down.

Another (somewhat biased) vote for an estate from me!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/briskoda-members-cars/andy2407s-octavia-vrs-estate/56766/

Congratulations,

I've got twins and bought the estate, up to now it's plenty big enough and the boot is easily big enough to use as a changing mat which I did the other day on a run to the coast makes your back ache when you get to the second one though.:)

Congratulations. Even though the hatch is volumous I would seriously go for the estate as believe me as a father of 3 (5, 2 & 8 mths) you will need the extra height of the estate for the double buggy. I have the hatch and if you get the double buggy in their there is no room for much else. Maybe about 4 carrier bags. At least you would be able to pile things on top, if you go for the estate look to get a dog guard as well as if you have to brake sharply then you don't want anything coming over the top of the back seats.

More congrats from me!

If you are talking MK 1 Octy, bear in mind that the hatch has support braces behind the rear seats that will restrict what you can fit in if you fold the seats down.

Another (somewhat biased) vote for an estate from me!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/briskoda-members-cars/andy2407s-octavia-vrs-estate/56766/

Really?!?!? I must admit, haven't dropped the rear seats, so haven't noticed a support brace... :confused: :confused: :confused:

PhilB34,

Congrats - and welcome to The Club! How far along are you and the missus? We're 25 weeks on with identicals on the way... Did your jaw drop to the floor when you found out, same as mine? :):thumbup:

Oh, by the way, I've got a hatch, 'cos we knew we were going to start a family after we got married, and thought that it would make a great family car (at this point in time, the Missus had a Toyota Celica). Over a very short period of time, we realised the Celica was getting too uncomfortable for her, so we traded it in for a Corolla Verso!

Heh thanks guys we are only at the early stages, but due to two miscarriages they scan the wife early...

Coincidentally ours are identicals! I just sort of stood there shaking my head.....

SWMBO said it was the supersperm, ahem i must admit my prowess is legendary, sometimes even up to 33 seconds!

I thank you!

Congrats.We have twins .TBH we can fit everything in a Fabia day to day including the buggy.

Does help having my octavia though for holidays etc when we do need extra space.

As for the hatch/estate argument I think there is little in it.In fact I thought you weren't really meant to load an estate above the level of the parcel shelf anyway......although thats probably tosh!:D whichever you choose,there is bags of room (and I confess we are looking to buy a V70 estate)

Congrats.We have twins .TBH we can fit everything in a Fabia day to day including the buggy.

Does help having my octavia though for holidays etc when we do need extra space.

As for the hatch/estate argument I think there is little in it.In fact I thought you weren't really meant to load an estate above the level of the parcel shelf anyway......although thats probably tosh!:D whichever you choose,there is bags of room (and I confess we are looking to buy a V70 estate)

A Fabia!!!:eek:

I took a vrs out unbelievable!! Think it's too small though...

Heh thanks guys we are only at the early stages, but due to two miscarriages they scan the wife early...

Coincidentally ours are identicals! I just sort of stood there shaking my head.....

SWMBO said it was the supersperm, ahem i must admit my prowess is legendary, sometimes even up to 33 seconds!

I thank you!

As much as that?!? :D

One thing to consider (if you haven't done so, already) - you'll need to fit a twin pushchair into the car, two car seats and passengers, which is why we got a Corolla Verso. The Octy will be alright for carrying these loads, but I wouldn't use it as my only means of getting the family around - there's a reason why they make MPVs!

Also, bear in mind that babies will make a mess of any car they get into - I'm going to try and keep them out of mine!

Erm, thanks to everyone who replied, really good of you.

I hope it has helped some people, unfortunately, not me. Again, seems we have lost ours.....this was our last attempt, it is to hurtful and stressful for us both!

Thanks everyone.

Phil

As for the hatch/estate argument I think there is little in it.In fact I thought you weren't really meant to load an estate above the level of the parcel shelf anyway......

if you intend to load over the parcel shelf and have little ones in the back get the dog

guard ,france last year guy coming off the ferry braked hard ,luggage landed on top of 3 and 5 yr old luckily just bruised but imagine it happening at normal road speeds in an accident.