Terrorism!!

Lots of people under surveillance & protection just in the Capital with suspected terrorists, criminals, spies, civil servants, MP's and peers, diplomats, royals and VIP's.

Then the same around the country and also officers travelling abroad.

Many many billions of squids.

Liberty are already making noises about current terrorism prisoners having their minimum terms raised from 1/2 to 2/3 of their sentence. Can't see the problem as they might still be released earlier than the sentence handed down. The moral of the story is, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. 

• Like 1

The crazy thing is that some are jailed for the Crime of having 'Engaged in the preparation of acts of terrorism.'   Googling, reading, downloading, sharing information.

So in they go and come out fully trained and not only prepared but fully engaged in getting on with it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Terrorism laws trump human rights laws as passed by ECJ. 

The solution is easy, the Tories have been soft 

Really

https://www.politico.eu/article/court-finds-human-rights-violation-under-uk-counter-terrorism-legislation/

https://www.statewatch.org/news/2019/apr/fr-echr-algeria-terror-deportation.htm

So what is the easy solution you mention?

BTW ECHR not ECJ, they're totally different

Edited by CWARD

4 minutes ago, Chorlton said:

What's to stop someone doing the same who has served a full sentence?  We can't keep people in prison forever.

Apparently @gadgetman knows the solution and it’s easy but he won’t tell anyone what it is!

5 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

You cannot deport someone who's born here. 

So what's the magic solution?

And you're correct, but you certainly can deport someone that wasn't born here and that's a non-UK national.

image.png.07690b10d57312401a3df49d223dca65.png

Edited by Skoda_newby

4 minutes ago, Skoda_newby said:

So what's the magic solution?

I don't have one. 

Other than ECJ hasn't stopped our government acting against terrorism or national security. The Tories could have done something at any point in the last 10 years, but haven't. They just trot out the usual "this Conservative government will get tough on crime". 

So why have they waited? 

• Like 1

You see, I'm perfectly fine with deportation, because:

image.png.b13c1ccd2e03cb58354b845bcb4f476f.png

Terrorism, or wanting to stab, shoot or blow up masses of people isn't for the public good. Especially when their (the public's) only crime is that they are residents of this Country and have different ideals.

So my take on it would be that as soon as someone gets a sniff that someone is up to no good, they're out. They can't feign ignorance, they surely know what they're up to, so they can be shown the door as far as I'm concerned. Why should I then have to pay my taxes for surveillance, courts, prisons, de-radicalisation schemes when their only aim is to kill me? 

Edited by Skoda_newby

8 hours ago, Skoda_newby said:

You see, I'm perfectly fine with deportation, because:

image.png.b13c1ccd2e03cb58354b845bcb4f476f.png

Terrorism, or wanting to stab, shoot or blow up masses of people isn't for the public good. Especially when their (the public's) only crime is that they are residents of this Country and have different ideals.

So my take on it would be that as soon as someone gets a sniff that someone is up to no good, they're out. They can't feign ignorance, they surely know what they're up to, so they can be shown the door as far as I'm concerned. Why should I then have to pay my taxes for surveillance, courts, prisons, de-radicalisation schemes when their only aim is to kill me? 

The Geneva convention applies. 

20 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

Isn’t corporal punishment better that shoot to kill after more innocents are killed,there I’ve said it.

Perhaps austerity measures included letting terrorists out of prison early, track them with armed Police and shoot to kill policy. Cheaper in the long term compared to long custodial sentences.:speechless:

1 hour ago, Sad555 said:

Isn’t corporal punishment better that shoot to kill after more innocents are killed,there I’ve said it.

You want to bend the nasty 'forrins' over your knee and spank them? Yeah, that'll work.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lee01 said:

You want to bend the nasty 'forrins' over your knee and spank them? Yeah, that'll work.

Actually It was hanging that was in my mind,you can spank whoever lets you if it’s your inclination 😃👏

Edited by Sad555
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skoda_newby said:

To terrorists/criminals?

Are you making excuses or statements? Can you cite where the GC would overrule a deportation situation?

IHL prevents leaving anyone 'stateless'. So anyone born here cannot be deported. Someone born elsewhere or with dual nationality can be deported back to their country of origin PROVIDING they won't be subject to persecution. 

I believe its the 4th convention ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Actually It was hanging that was in my mind,you can spank whoever lets you if it’s your inclination 😃👏

So you meant Capital punishment then?

Lethal injection,electrocution,hanging yes but no spanking

17 minutes ago, NJRJ said:

So you meant Capital punishment then?

Lethal injection,electrocution,hanging yes but no spanking Unless it’s Lee for continually being naughty🤣