Miniature Skodas and stuff

theres a tutorial, dave has the link saved, but basically get our photo, press Q, click the gradient button, think it needs to be going white to black.... press D to make it default. select the type of gradient thing you want, cant really explain on here which one it it, its like a band across the middle, thinks its the 2nd from last one.....

pick your focal point (the bit u want to make look mini) click there and drag the line up to the top of the page. It should turn red. Press Q again and you will see your focal point highlighted. click 'inverse' which if I remember correctly is under 'select'. Then go filter - blur - lens blur. radius alters the amount of blur. click ok and it will apply the filter. You have to alter the curves then - pull the line upwards from the middle, should make the edges lighter. click ok et voilla :thumbup:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm not completely happy with it.

When you see it bigger, there's a definite in/out of focus straight line across the top, which fuzzes parts that are "Higher up" from other focused sections, as opposed to "further away" - I need to play around with the masks and how quickly the focus changes

I'm not completely happy with it.

When you see it bigger, there's a definite in/out of focus straight line across the top, which fuzzes parts that are "Higher up" from other focused sections, as opposed to "further away" - I need to play around with the masks and how quickly the focus changes

Ideally, you want to be looking down on the subject. That way it looks more convincing -- as such, butr i do like the one you have done :):)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How can you increase the size of the centre, so that it's not blurred ? (if that makes sense)

I'm getting too much blur at the top and bottom and cant get it right.

the gradient lets you choose what's in focus, and how quickly it blurs.

red is in focus.

when you click and drag the guideline to show the gradient area, start at the middle of the area you want to be in focus. for a bigger focussed area, just make that line longer. Don't forget it will be top and bottom symmetrical

to change how quickly or slowly the blur comes in, double click on the grey gradient icon, and you should be able to grab and move the grey midpoint, so that the change over can be more abrupt to one side or the other.

just do lots of experiments - your focussed section doesn't need to be horizontal, depending on what angle you draw the gradient guideline at.