Value of written off Fabia vRS Special Edition

wahhh! I want the seats tooooo, I just want vRS ones really, so if anyone's getting these, I'll have your originals. But I really want the SE seats for the darkness of the seats, as it will match my new darker interior.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wahhh! I want the seats tooooo, I just want vRS ones really, so if anyone's getting these, I'll have your originals. But I really want the SE seats for the darkness of the seats, as it will match my new darker interior.

Off topic, but i have full set of seats for a vrs Jason, bit dirty, and 04 spec, so no middle seat belt. Pm/msn me if you want them.

Hard luck man - shame really :( Glad to hear your ok....

Now as the other gnats have already lept in - Fancy selling the alloys :D I am also looking into other parts 'cash waiting' - pm me if you do want to sell parts I have a list :D

Many thanks and all the best with the insurance - after all its what its there for!

I can't really disuss the details of the accident until the case is closed, sorry, but all i'll say is that the tractor had a large trailer & I don't think it's lights were plugged in.
I don't know if rules have changed since 2000, but it seems that at the time it was perfectly legal not to have indicators on trailers(depending on the age of the trailer/tractor), and I guess it may still be.

Scarey pictures! Just picked up my VRS SE on Thursday and after seeing those pics, It made me kinda want to buy GAP insurance now.

Feel sorry for your loss, esp on a SE car too! Hope you can win your side of the battle with the opposing vehicle owner

If I decide to take her apart ill get back to you guys. I have to keep her for investigations for the moment.....

However.... As far as alloys are concerned there are only 2 good ones on the car, the front two are destroyed. And i think ill be keeping one as a spare for the new Fabia. So at most, if at all, there will be one alloy & tyre left to sell on.

The crashed car was #308, my new one is #738.

And, yes there are times I wish it never happened & other times I want to stab my mate in the face.... but hey... whats done is done! We both walked out alive & relatively undamaged so thats the main thing!!

Again, I'm not sure if I'm breaking car up or not, but if I decide to do so Ill get back to you all.

Feel free to PM me just to say what you're all interested in so I know if its worthwhile breaking her up & so I can make a list.

As ross said earlier, why not reshell it rather than break it?

He already said the chassis was twisted.........

On a lighter note as has been mentioned at least everybody was ok and you have a replacement.

Plus another positive........

You now have a querky claim to fame..... Your's was the first SE ever to be written off/scrapped!!!!! ;)

#308 - The first to go.... But not forgotten :( :( :(

Cheers

Dave.

I think there's a good chance those seats are bent looking at the exterior damage and the photo looking inside from the boot.

When looking for replacement golf seats for my octy I found many were twisted/bent or had broken brackets, often the seller didn't even realise.

IMO - Insurance is there to be used when there is an accident.

Potentially, there are three insurance companies involved. Your's, your mate's and the tractor drivers. It is VERY worthwhile entering a claim as otherwise you are out of pocket for the whole value of your car.

You all pay insurance premiums to cover these scenarios. Don't write off a chance of recovering maybe 50%-100% of the dosh without a fight.

J.

• 2 weeks later...